Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

tc20 wrote: »
    early Land Rover (Series 1??) and (I think) a Ford Zephyr, i'll leave this one to the experts to identify :)

edit: anyone know why the grill on the LR is partially covered? Or what it is for?

Ford Zephyr is correct.

The grill is covered to 'force' the engine to heat up more quickly in cold weather. I recall we had a similar device on a vintage David Brown tractor we owned many years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Silvera wrote: »
    Ford Zephyr is correct.

It has a South Tipperary Registration number.

My guess is that is a 1966 Mark3. 4 cylinder basic model. The 6 cylinder version was called a Zodiac

Note that the indicator lamps are white.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Xenophile wrote: »

My guess is that is a 1966 Mark3. 4 cylinder basic model. The 6 cylinder version was called a Zodiac

Zephyr 4 is correct. There was a Zephyr 6 as well but was distinguished at a glance by the vertical bar in the centre of the grille.
    The Zodiac was a higher spec than the Zephyr.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

Tivoli, Cork

It just started lashing so not the best quality... the car was lovely. 1967 Volvo P1800

20160330_161739.jpg

20160330_161757.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Aldi Ballinasloe.

381808.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Xenophile wrote: »

White front indicators and red rear indicators were legal up to about 1965.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Citroen CX a Capri and a Granada

Cork, both an hour ago

20160403_174826.jpg

20160403165412.jpg

20160403165258.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

26219509635_4722273eed_c.jpg

26127068022_bae0a2a0ef_c.jpg

26127068622_9ae5b52012_c.jpg

26127069032_e6deb4e1dd_c.jpg

26153208791_e4717f3fd5_c.jpg

26219510865_ba94714912_c.jpg

26219511115_82d37c60b7_c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

two for the price of one...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

two for the price of one...

Liking the Manta.

Blackpool, Cork

20160407_170106.jpg

20160407_170052.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

None of the Jensen Reliant?

rizzodun wrote: »
    None of the Jensen Reliant?

That's my car, I don't really take pictures of it anymore after owning it for 5+ years. My E30 broke down (petrol pump) so I have to drive this now for a while before I get the new pump next week.

here is one older picture when I was all excited about it because it was new to me (now it's just more and more trouble unfortunately, but I don't have the heart to get rid of it... I just... can't...):

002-4.jpg

edit: can't even do burnouts in it, because the tyres are new... :)

This from few days ago... Car broke down not far from my place so I walked home, put the tools (+canyster with hoses) in the car and drove down to see what's wrong with it... and then called the tow truck. Funny to see peoples faces when they realize that both these cars are mine. Well, that's what happens when cars are more than just a means of transport to somebody. Wouldn't it be boring to drive something that is 100% reliable but has no soul? ;)

20160405_182428.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Haha, agreed, I didn't realise it was yours.

A guy used to drop his Jensen into my father garage pretty regular when I was younger, people used to comment how it was nothing but trouble but I used to think it was bad ass.

Both the Jensen and Reliants just aren't common as classics, I mean I like MkII's, but they're pretty much everywhere.

I think people that say it's only trouble have no idea what it feels like to drive a car like this. You have to maintain it and that costs money of course but there is nothing more satisfying than the noise the engine makes, how nicely it goes into corners and the general great look of these cars. I know that my car isn't trouble free but I somehow ignore it. And after so many years of ownership it is really hard to give up and let it go. It's not a regular car after all. I don't go to pubs like I used to because I think it's better to buy parts for the money saved. Makes perfect sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Get that beast down to Cars and Coffee in the morning Diabhalta!! 10am in Little Island!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    If your ever selling her let me know!

There is a red one on donedeal right now, asking about 1600 i think.

• Advertisement

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    If your ever selling her let me know!

Very unlikely. But even if I would be selling it, I would sell it as a project car... It has too many issues (bad compression in two cylinders, trailing arm brackets are bad and other than that plenty of small things). This car can break down any time. And now with that E30 I am working on it's not priority number one anymore.
    CianDon wrote: »
    Get that beast down to Cars and Coffee in the morning Diabhalta!! 10am in Little Island!!

I was there with it three times years ago... once with it's twin which is also from 1979. (black Scimitars are always 1979, if not they have been painted black). Without the countless amount of advice (and some help/parts) of the owner it everything would be much harder. When I bought it after some time the belts snapped and he came and borrowed me some of his :D ... I was driving up and down the Jack Lynch tunnel one evening... lol, memories...

22. 9. 2013

IMG_7595.jpg

IMG_7600.jpg

IMG_7611.jpg

14. 4. 2013

IMG_5025.jpg

3. 2. 2013 - I drove it a lot back then. That thing on the ground is from a tank strap (it's that kind of padding between the strap and the petrol tank). I got a stainless steel petrol tank and this was some time after that.

21agw41.jpg
    There is a red one on donedeal right now, asking about 1600 i think.

That car looks rough so a winter project for sure.

---

I came accross a picture of my car in England on Flickr this morning at an auction in Norwich dated September 2007. The second owner is from Potter Heigham which isn't far from there. He owned it between 1982-200?. I sent a letter (with some pictures) to an address I found in the folder of recepits but it came back saying the person doesn't live there :(

Paint is A LOT worse now.

wkqyjr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

As promised.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Last year .. Not today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

A beautiful Karmann Ghia.

spotted both of these in Greystones yesterday -

I think the VW had "Nurses Ambulance" written on the back.
    I've posted the De Tomaso here previously

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

From a few days ago. The idle was bliss :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭w124man

spotted both of these in Greystones yesterday -

I think the VW had "Nurses Ambulance" written on the back.
    I've posted the De Tomaso here previously

That VW ambulance used to be the factory ambulance in the creamery in Mitchelstown. It was sold to an Irish guy in the UK who had it for a few years and then Mr Dunne bought it back and managed to get it back onto its original plates. It is totally complete and is as it left the factory with very low miles recorded. I though he had sold it.

Popes quay, Cork

20160423_133628.jpg

20160423_133640.jpg

Dublin & Greystones recently.
    You can just make out the roll cage in the BMW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Sorry for the bad quality but I think this might be a very rare Ferrari 330 GTS or 365 GTS RHD. I'm not very familiar with vintage Ferraris so I stand to be corrected on the model.

Still from dash cam
    vlcsnap-2016-04-25-12h58m09s545.png

Video too

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Advertisement