Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Whats the white toyota posted by kfog on page 158? Stunning car, forget what it is

Ah, 75 celica

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

IMG_2307.jpg

IMG_2308.jpg

IMG_2309.jpg

IMG_2310.jpg

IMG_2305.jpg

IMG_2234.jpg

IMG_2303.jpg

IMG_2300.jpg

IMG_2311.jpg

IMG_2290.jpg

IMG_2319.jpg

IMG_2320.jpg

IMG_2321.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

colly10 wrote: »
    Whats the white toyota posted by kfog on page 158? Stunning car, forget what it is
    Celica

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭w124man

I don't like BMW ......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

w124man wrote: »
    I don't like BMW ......

Shocker....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,450 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You there very early, Diabhalta?

You didn't post my 2 favourite cars of the day:

E23, a manual 733i with 24k miles on the clock

395155.jpg

And what a beauty, this E28 528i auto

395156.jpg

Both won best car in their class. Was delighted for the young gentleman who owned the E28, had a chat with him earlier that day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

My lord, that E28 is stunning. They get prettier as the years go by.

There is a gorgeous 528i knocking around Tralee with the cool reg of 5281 IN With the 1 looking like an 'i' ;)

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    You there very early, Diabhalta?

You didn't post my 2 favourite cars of the day

E23, a manual 733i with 24k miles on the clock

I was there for good few hours. It seems to you that I was there early because there are almost no people in some pictures. You see, I go to shows to see the cars (talk to some people that own them maybe) and also to take pictures of those cars. And in some shots I prefer to have exactly 0 people. So I'm waiting... and waiting... and then there is that special moment when I can take a picture. Sometimes it's annoying because some people just stare at the cars for waaaay too long absorbing who knows what kind of information. It would be nice to have like 30min. reserved time for people who want to take pictures. There is such thing in Austria at a Cadillac meeting. 1 hour for photographers only, then it's open for peasants.

I posted that E23, you must have skipped a page or something :)
    w124man wrote: »
    I don't like BMW ......

roomful.jpeg

My lord, that E28 is stunning. They get prettier as the years go by.

My photo doesn't do it justice. The car was stunning. Interior like new. Car had been re-sprayed in recent times. Love the 80s colour and the matching colour in the velour interior.
    Diabhalta wrote: »
    I was there for good few hours. It seems to you that I was there early because there are almost no people in some pictures.

No, because there seem to be far fewer visitor cars in the field than when I was there :)

Iirc I was there from about 2:30 - 2:45 until after the raffle (left at about 5PM)
    I posted that E23, you must have skipped a page or something :)

I did. Only saw all your pics from the previous page just now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

attachment.php?attachmentid=395171

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

^ wow, is that a private collection in a house ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

tc20 wrote: »
    ^ wow, is that a private collection in a house ??

Picture is from a House sale advert....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

Yep a house in the UK. Was surprised to see a ZV reg Ferrari!

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

^^ Perhaps a wealthy (Irish) individual with a house in the UK too? It would be nice to be driving your ZV-reg Ferrari back-and-forth between your Irish and UK properties :D

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

It would be nice to have like 30min. reserved time for people who want to take pictures. There is such thing in Austria at a Cadillac meeting. 1 hour for photographers only, then it's open for peasants.

I'm sorry now but thats one of the most d1ckhead idea's I've ever seen on this forum. Owners attend shows to show off their cars, and people pay in the door to view the vehicles on show. Its amazing the subtle details that can be picked up from spending time soaking in a car up-close. Its one thing quickly glancing at a car and assessing its beauty, but actually looking at small details gives an idea of the personal touches of the owner, build style, attention to detail etc. I pay into shows to have the possibility of noticing these details, and I'd hate to think that my enjoyment of soaking in a car could be ruined by an impatient person wanting a quick snap and moving on, or that my enterance fee classes me as a peasant. Also, as somebody that likes to occasionally likes to snap a photo of a car, crowds and people can very easily be used to enhance the photo a lot. Rant over :-)

25966739310_c5be56868e_c.jpg

23669977193_718421b200_c.jpg

26216336890_41ffc9b94d_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Slideways

A daily classic but rougher than a bears arse

3A9230E2-D87D-4981-9D4B-2AFBF7A7A371.jpg

64571D3A-0017-45BE-BA4E-B40EADB0AF3B.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

How cool is that!?

• Advertisement

CianDon wrote: »
    I'm sorry now but thats one of the most d1ckhead idea's I've ever seen on this forum. Owners attend shows to show off their cars, and people pay in the door to view the vehicles on show. Its amazing the subtle details that can be picked up from spending time soaking in a car up-close. Its one thing quickly glancing at a car and assessing its beauty, but actually looking at small details gives an idea of the personal touches of the owner, build style, attention to detail etc. I pay into shows to have the possibility of noticing these details, and I'd hate to think that my enjoyment of soaking in a car could be ruined by an impatient person wanting a quick snap and moving on, or that my enterance fee classes me as a peasant. Also, as somebody that likes to occasionally likes to snap a photo of a car, crowds and people can very easily be used to enhance the photo a lot.

I don't think you understand my point of view, let me explain.

It's not like the venue would close let's say between 2-3pm and people would be ordered to leave. That's obviously stupid and impossible at the same time. It's usually before noon, like 10-11am or something like that. Most visitors get to the shows afternoon. Busiest time is always like 1pm-3pm right?

Some shows are free you know... like Ballincollig, you can see great cars in Kinsale for free etc. It's not about paying and not paying and just because I get somewhere for free I am entitled to something more.

This is what I'm talking about... you can't possibly take pictures like this with kids running around and people wandering around those cars. It's fine to look at cars as much as you want but on the other hand there are people who want to take some pictures of them too. Both at the same time isn't really a great combination.

https://get.google.com/albumarchive/100199242055197537642/album/AF1QipOAu73hhrey5o0rJaaRbYfT0K38xsV9gjWjx8N2?source=pwa

And that's why it would be really great to have a show open from like 10-11am for photographers only and then let the herd in. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

a couple in Greystones recently.
    The Merc is a 280SE. I'm not up to speed on the MG variants, so unsure as to what model this is.
    And a bonus camper (not really a classic, youngtimer perhaps!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

I don't think you understand my point of view, let me explain.

It's not like the venue would close let's say between 2-3pm and people would be ordered to leave. That's obviously stupid and impossible at the same time. It's usually before noon, like 10-11am or something like that. Most visitors get to the shows afternoon. Busiest time is always like 1pm-3pm right?

Some shows are free you know... like Ballincollig, you can see great cars in Kinsale for free etc. It's not about paying and not paying and just because I get somewhere for free I am entitled to something more.

This is what I'm talking about... you can't possibly take pictures like this with kids running around and people wandering around those cars. It's fine to look at cars as much as you want but on the other hand there are people who want to take some pictures of them too. Both at the same time isn't really a great combination.

https://get.google.com/albumarchive/100199242055197537642/album/AF1QipOAu73hhrey5o0rJaaRbYfT0K38xsV9gjWjx8N2?source=pwa

And that's why it would be really great to have a show open from like 10-11am for photographers only and then let the herd in. ;)
    I feel you have to be practical about your idea.

How many photographers are going to be accommodated by this photograpers only period? One, two, a few or dozens? How many enthuasists who are displaying vehicles are you putting an additional hour or 90 mins onto the start of their day, simply to accomodate your requirement for a "clean shots". As I assume you want everything in place and set-up and on display to facilitate your photography?

As a keen photographer and someone who has also assisted in the organisation and running of motorsports events down through the years, I am fully aware of the timing and scheduling pressures associated with events. Along with the often long distances some competitors travel to partake in events.

My method for getting good photos at events has always been to arrive early, during sign-on, or the set-up period and get my shots then. This period often allows me to speak with the vehicle owners who will often show you features on the vehicles which might be missed and also the information helps to build a caption for the photo.

The wonderful thing about shows in Ireland is the friendly atomsphere and the informality of the day. Start putting on tight Austro/Germanic time frames and unfriendly schedules will kill this atomsphere and will put off many enthusiasts from displaying their vehicles.

So my advice is if an event is open to the public at 12 noon get yourself there at 9:00am. Nobody is going to turn you away.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Most shows don't start until 11 / 12. You want to take pictures relatively uninterrupted be first in line.

tc20 wrote: »
    a couple in Greystones recently.
    The Merc is a 280SE.

And belongs to yer man who owns Otto parts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

3 more from the kingdom.

Nice 500sel

IMG_20160825_153806_zpsje8tekj2.jpg

Like this

IMG_20160821_153949_zpsclvysuqe.jpg

I know it's only 20 but it's spotless for a Kerry workhorse

IMG_20160825_155017_zpshqfhn6zu.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

IMG_20160821_153949_zpsclvysuqe.jpg

Almost certain that yellow camper was staying at the same place as me in Sneem a week or two back!

I recognise Kenmare above but happily it was a lot drier when I was there this year. :)

That W126 was up for sale recently. I don't think it's ever had an NCT :eek:

unkel wrote: »
    That W126 was up for sale recently. I don't think it's ever had an NCT :eek:

Or Tax and Insurance ......

Chrome arches and silly alloys do so much to devalue a W126

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Looks like it's being revamped, some work going on inside it.

Advertisement