Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***JC 2014 Music Papers - Wed. June 18th 2014 - all levels***

Options
  • 17-06-2014 7:00pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Music (OL and HL) - all papers
    Wednesday June 18th 2014

All discussion and questions about Music papers goes here, following the exam. Please do not post predictions or discussion here before the exam.

Usual rules apply. Anyone slagging off another poster about the level they did, or a mistake they made, will be banned for the duration of the exams.

Please keep off-topic chat elsewhere.

Good luck all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Chloee98

I did my melody in 4/4 time instead of 3/4
    how many marks will i lose

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ElmW13

It was in 3/4?!?:eek: I'm sure I did 4/4

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TheEdgeofGlory

ElmW13 wrote: »
    It was in 3/4?!?:eek: I'm sure I did 4/4

It was 4/4!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 maire.99xx

Everyone in my school did it in 3/4

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

Not too bad of a paper :)

• Advertisement

It was 4/4!

I suppose we'll see when the paper is released

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pizzamad

If it was the answering phrase it was in 3/4 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭ECM1234

Did you guys say, the tune was a jig or reel or Hornpipe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dalydf

ECM1234 wrote: »

I said it was a hornpipe but a lot of people in my class got different answers

Hornpipe, I thought it wasn't quick enough to be a reel but I'm not entirely sure as I play classical.

• Advertisement

ElmW13 wrote: »
    Hornpipe, I thought it wasn't quick enough to be a reel but I'm not entirely sure as I play classical.

I said hornpipe as I wrote out all the little rhymes of the rhythms on the top of my page,and looked at the time signatures and it didn't sound like a jig or a reel!.

I said Jig... Oh well :)

I said Jig... Oh well :)

Haha can't worry about it now!

Haha can't worry about it now!

Haha yep :) I think I did well in everywhere else though, I never get those questions anyway!

Haha yep :) I think I did well in everywhere else though, I never get those questions anyway!

You'll be fine! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

For Irish music our teacher had drilled De Dannan, Belfast Harp Festival, The Collectors, The Song tradition, and Organisations that promote Irish music into our heads, but not a bit of Sean-nós.

So I had to spoof my way through the Irish music essay:rolleyes: but I think it's only worth like 2.5% of the entire grade

• Registered Users Posts: 4 maire.99xx

So how many marks would you get docked for writing the melody in 4/4 instead of 3/4

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭IrishLassie26

maire.99xx wrote: »
    So how many marks would you get docked for writing the melody in 4/4 instead of 3/4

It will vary depending on what notes you put in and where you put them on the stave. The rhythm is worth 16 marks in total but you may be lucky and by chance have one or two in the right spot anyway. Each correct rhythm is worth 1.5 marks each I think, for each beat.

The melody is worth 2marks for each note so you could gain marks in that. You will also get 4 marks for the barlines!

Advertisement