Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Fixed Term Business Deposit Rates??

Options
  • 17-06-2014 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas of where the best fixed term deposit rates can be got for business customers.

It does not seem to be something advertised/discussed much vs personal customers.

According to here: http://www.irishdeposits.ie/deposit_rates/corporate

it's Permanent TSB with 1.9% for 12 month deposits 2.5% for 2/3 years, but if anyone has any other suggestions I'd appreciate it!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

OMG!! I was trying to find a home for 5 bar today and the only rate on offer around town was 0%!! I expect my pain will be well shared on here in a micro enterprise forum!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Interest rates are so pitiably low that it is not cost effective to spend time farting around over them, you should concentrate on the key issue which is SERCURITY. A fraction of a % on a few K is SFA, get over it, look at the bigger picture, preserving the capital sum.

Forget the 100k guarantee from the Irish Govt, that’s BS. If another Irish bank goes under, the State most likely goes under - then your ‘Government guarantee’ isn’t worth the paper it is written on. Ask an Argentinian! If you have a foreign currency income stream keep it offshore as much and as long as you can. (Despite the waffle and hype we are still in deep s#1t financially and are borrowing far above our means to fund current expenditure - hence the daily distractions being fed to the media.)

AIB are rated BA3 outlook negative by Moodys and BB outlook Neg by S&P. BoI are BA2 outlook Neg by Moodys and BB+ outlook Neg by S&P. In other words, both are rated as crocks of s#1t and with those ratings do not meet the standards of any knowledgable Board risk committee, which is why they (like that other crock PTSB) are offering higher rates (about 1% for 12months) to get funds. Who in their right minds would keep funds with them? Have you seen the quality of what is left in Irish domestic banking?

JPMorgan was as far as I recall the first (in Ireland) last year to offer negative rates. As of a couple of days ago, Barclays was -0.1% for < 1 month as was BNP. Both are about 0.2, 0.3 and 0.4% for 3, 6, and 9 month accounts. One month rates at HSBC are zero and the market expects them to go negative soon on short term deposits. Some of the better banks are requiring a minimum of €10 million on deposit before they will open an account. (Sorry Pedronomix, your 5 bar doesn’t wash!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

I will have you know it is perfectly laundered!

Advertisement