Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friends & Family Offer

Options
  • 17-06-2014 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

I was about to sign up for the eFibre and eTalk offer, when I started reading the Family and Friends Help and Questions section.  The last question deals with adding unlimited anytime talk.  It states that it costs an additional €10 per month.

If I sign up to a regular bundle (no friends & family), the anytime calls are only €5 extra per month.  Is the €10 a typo?

Also, is the €30 per month for 18 months or 6 or 12 months?  If it's not for 18 months what's the new price?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

trew wrote: »
    Hi,

I was about to sign up for the eFibre and eTalk offer, when I started reading the Family and Friends Help and Questions section.  The last question deals with adding unlimited anytime talk.  It states that it costs an additional €10 per month.

If I sign up to a regular bundle (no friends & family), the anytime calls are only €5 extra per month.  Is the €10 a typo?

Also, is the €30 per month for 18 months or 6 or 12 months?  If it's not for 18 months what's the new price?

Thanks

I signed up recently. Paying 30 pm for 18 months plus 10 pm for the last 6 months for envision TV. The anytime calla are costing me 5 per month extra.
    Had to call Eircom to get the calls added after installation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

trew wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks

Hi Trew,

It's €5 extra per month for anytime calls which should be added after installation and the €30 cost is for an 18 month period. The €10 must be a typo - thanks for raising this I'll send this for the attention of operations.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 12 trew

@tatranska - Thank you

@ Al - Thanks for the clarification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Hi

No problem at all trew.

thanks
    Colm

Apologies in advance for the long post.

I signed up for efibre & etalk on 18th June.  On 20th June I received a 'Welcome to Eircom' email confirming my order details as follows:

Order Number:1686090
        First Name:XXXX
        Surname:XXXX
        Bundle:eTalk and eFibre Employee Offer
        Monthly Recurring Charges*:30.00
        Once Off Charges:0.00
        Upfront Payments:0.00
        Deposit Paid:0.00
        Contract Length:18
        Installation Time and Date**:27 June PM

On 25th June I received a letter dated 20th June 2014 with my new account number and my order details on the back.

"The details of your order are as follows
        Account information

Order Number: 1686090
        New Account No: XXXXXXXX

eircom Services

Monthly Recurring Charges 30.00 incl. 23.00% VAT
        Deposit Paid: 0.00 excl. 23.00% VAT
        Direct Debit: Yes
        Fixed Voice Product: etalk off-peak
        Bundle: eTalk and eFibre Employee Offer
        Contract Duraction: 18 months
        Fixed BB Product: eFibre Advanced (Unlimited)

Directory Listings: LISTED"

When I signed up I ticked no to the phonebook & directory listings question.  I phoned up customer care and spoke to Dylan and explained the letter I received and that I wanted to be ex-directory.  He made the change.  I asked him have the calls been switched over yet.  He said that morning.  I asked to add anytime calls to my account and confirmed with him that it was €5 extra.  He gave me an order no: 1725286 and said it would take 24 hours to update.

On Thursday 26th June I received a text confirming my installation on 27th June between 12.30 and 16.30.  On Friday 27th June I got a call from the installer, but he had me down as an AM installation.  I got back in time for the AM installation.  I already have a fibre socket so he only had to plug the modem in.  At that time I told him about a buzzing sound on the line and could he do anything about it.  He said he didn't have a fault registered, only the fibre installation.  He said he'd make a note of it.  He did a speed test and the result was 14-15Mb.

After he left I contacted technical support about the buzzing and slow fibre speeds.  I was still only getting 14Mb through an ethernet cable.  A fault was logged and an engineer visit was requested.

On Tuesday 1st July I missed the engineer, he left a card and I rescheduled for Monday 7th July.

On Monday 7th July, the engineer came and confirmed the buzzing.  He checked the manhole across the road and then went to the cabinet.  He came back and said that it's a huge old cable and it's faulty.  He's going to request to connect me to a different cabinet and I may lose broadband for a week.  I said that's fine, I just want it fixed.

On Wednesday 9th July I miss a call from Connor, who calls me back after 3PM.  He explains that my broadband has been switched off and that when the initial request went through, it went through as a cancellation, instead of switching cabinet.  He apologized and said it might delay things and the request would be made on Friday and he would update me on Friday.

Around 2PM on Friday 11th July Connor called and told me that it's showing up as NGB and it would take the weekend to sort itself out and the request would be put through on Monday.

Around 3.30PM on Friday I get a call from Anthony looking to arrange an installation for next Tuesday 15th July.  I explain I already have a fibre socket and modem, the faults etc and I don't need it.  I get home on Friday and I have a missed delivery from GLS and that they would redeliver on Monday 14 July between 12PM and 3PM.

On Monday morning I get my first eircom bill and I'm being charged €40 for my bundle instead on €35 (30+5).  The GLS guy arrived and he had no package for me.  Instead, he was supposed to collect a modem for eircom.  I told him I know nothing about this and I wasn't told to send back the modem.

Today, Tuesday 15th July I get word that the engineer has called and my broadband should be up and running.  Around 1.30PM I get a call telling me that I'm the next installation.  I explain that I have it already installed and don't need it.  He said it's evision (eircom TV).  I said I didn't sign up for evision.  I get home and the broadband is working.  I received 2 Welcome to Eircom emails on 10th July.  I only received them today because I haven't had internet access for a week.

The first one was as follows:

"Dear XXXX

We would like to confirm the recent changes to your eircom bundle below.

Bundle:eTalk
       Monthly Recurring Charges:40.00
       Downgrade fee (if applicable):0.00"

and the second email 30 minutes later

"Dear XXXX

We are delighted that you have chosen to move to a better value bundle. We hope you enjoy your upgraded service.

Order Number:1820801
        Bundle:eTalk and eFibre Employee Offer
        Monthly Recurring Charges*:40.00
        Once Off Charges:0.00
        Upfront Payments:0.00
        Deposit Paid:0.00
        Contract Length:18
        Installation Time and Date**:"

The only change I made was adding anytime calls on the 25th June.  Seeing that something is clearly wrong I call customer care.  I press 1 for billing, the account summary tells me that I owe nothing and my last payment was on 14th July for €56.27.  I checked my online banking and it wasn't taken out.  My bill states that the direct debit will be applied for on or after the 21st July not the 14th.

I hold for an operator and get put through to Amy.  I try to explain the above over the phone which is fairly difficult.  She confers with a senior colleague who said that anytime calls are €10 extra.  She credits my account with €25 for the inconvenience.  I leave it at that as it's too difficult to explain again over the phone. 

I believe all of this stems from switching to a different cabinet.  The line was nearly cancelled, a new order was generated, new installation etc.  The only orders I requested was my initial order (1686090) and the anytime upgrade for €5 (1725286).

I did not request order no 1820801.  I would like to be put back on my original package with anytime calls for €35 per month.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi,

Is there any update on this?  I started this thread to avoid this exact situation.

Thanks

Today I received 2 letters from eircom confirming the recent changes "I" made to my eircom service. The order numbers are 1820527 & 1820801. I didn't request these changes.

Advertisement