Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone used these ?

Options
  • 17-06-2014 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was up the north this weekend and i called into Asda to get a few bits and i picked up these DE Blades,
    They were £1.89 for 10 blades which i thought were cheap so i thought i'd give them a try.

2839_zps804f7240.jpg

2834_zps16b89aba.jpg

There are no markings on the blades or the blade wrapper,
    anyway i wondered if you guys might have used them before and what you thought of them,
    I am going to try them out tomorrow so i'll find out if they are any good or not.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Should be the same as the Personna Platinum (Red) blades
    http://www.shaving.ie/products/personna-platinum-10-pack.html

I'm pretty certain that I bought the same blades (same packaging, nothing marked on the blades themselves) from a supermarket in Madrid and they are fine. They cost around €2.50, which wouldn't be far different from the price you paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Most supermarket own brand DE blades you'll find in UK and Ireland are made by Personna in Israel.
    Whilst not the sharpest the give a close shave and are smooth/comfortable.
    I find them a good mild blade and ideal when starting out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I have been on the DE shaving + 12 months now and find the Personna the best for me.
    They give me a close and comfortable shave, zero irritation and cuts whereas some other blades can be tough on my skin.
    They dont last as long as other blades, but with the good shave they give me and the minimal expense, its a thumbs up for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

Well I've had a good few shaves with them now and i don't think they suit me..
    They were just about ok on the face but i got the rash on my neck which i never get with the Feathers,
    This is where i really noticed the difference, I just don't think they are Sharpe enough, pulling rather than cutting,.... I'll stick with the Feathers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 lefinn

good

Advertisement