Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon woes

Options
  • 17-06-2014 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

Last month I bought an item on the Groupon website and I must have ticked the wrong box, but it remembered my credit card details,

I was a bit put out when I found that my other half could order stuff from groupon on my Mastercard, with just a click, no details needed!

I contacted them and they emailed me back saying the have deleted the link; I would have to input CC details each time from now on

I looked at my Credit card account online today and found that the had charged me €50+ for a diet supplement that nobody here ordered, usually you get an email confirming a sale but I got none, I contacted MasterCard and started a disputed payment process

How can somebody charge your card without telling you? has anybody else had this problem?
    Are Groupon allowed to default to this option on their website? surely you must opt in and be allowed to change your preferences online instead of emailing support several times?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

A condition of your refund may hinge on who has access to your groupon account.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Bebop

just to update;

a second item for €64 euro appeared on my CC account the following day, I contacted Groupon Support by email and by phone,
    the emails seem to go to India or somewhere and the replies are bland and soothing with a promise that the "appropriate department" will be in touch soon
    Phone calls are met with a similar response, apologetic and soothing with a promise of action, but so far they have failed to contact me

I have in the meantime I have reported possible fraud to my bank and cancelled my Mastercard, they are following up on the disputed payments, in future I will be very wary of sites like Groupon

Advertisement