Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resetting password infinite loop of fun

Options
  • 17-06-2014 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Seems for My Eircom there is no actual way of resetting password.
    • Click forgot password
    • Enter email
    • Receive email and clck link
    • Error page saying link has expired
    • Repeat
    [*]
    Even though it is fun and a surprise each time when it doesn't work again, anyone any input on any hack people have figured out to get around this?

I locked account and unlocked successfully but no password reset.

P.s there is no time lag between getting link and clicking, prob 5-10s

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

sicruise wrote: »
    • Click forgot password
    • Enter email
    • Repeat

[*]
    Even though it is fun and a surprise each time when it doesn't work again, anyone any input on any hack people have figured out to get around this?

[*]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi sicruise

I'm sure this can be frustrating - apologies for this.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]I've noticed a few issues with this and I can confirm that the only way this can be resolved is by de-activating the existing online login and then creating a new online account.

To do this you would need to email your details (ac number - name on account - mobile contact number - email address currently registered) to webmaster@eircom.net

webmaster will then de-activate the existing login in  a couple of days and email you when it is done.

When you get confirmation of this being done you would then create a new login by clicking on sign up.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Also, it's worth noting that if you are an efibre customer the 'my eircom' service will be unavailable as it has not been updated for efibre accounts yet.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

• Click forgot password
    • Enter email
    • Repeat

[*]

[*]

Hi sicruise

I'm sure this can be frustrating - apologies for this.

I've noticed a few issues with this and I can confirm that the only way this can be resolved is by de-activating the existing online login and then creating a new online account.

To do this you would need to email your details (ac number - name on account - mobile contact number - email address currently registered) to webmaster@eircom.net

webmaster will then de-activate the existing login in  a couple of days and email you when it is done.

When you get confirmation of this being done you would then create a new login by clicking on sign up.

Also, it's worth noting that if you are an efibre customer the 'my eircom' service will be unavailable as it has not been updated for efibre accounts yet.

Thanks
    Al

[*]
    Hi Al,

Thanks for the response, it might be easier to just move provider to someone who gives me a bill online and doesn't charge me more for line rental then I was paying while I had broadband.

Cheers,
    Si

• Click forgot password
    • Enter email
    • Repeat

[*]

[*]

Hi sicruise

I'm sure this can be frustrating - apologies for this.

I've noticed a few issues with this and I can confirm that the only way this can be resolved is by de-activating the existing online login and then creating a new online account.

When you get confirmation of this being done you would then create a new login by clicking on sign up.

Also, it's worth noting that if you are an efibre customer the 'my eircom' service will be unavailable as it has not been updated for efibre accounts yet.

Thanks
    Al

[*]
    Hi Al,

Thanks for the response, it might be easier to just move provider to someone who gives me a bill online and doesn't charge me more for line rental then I was paying while I had broadband.

Cheers,
    Si
    [*]
    No worries sicruise

Just wanted to clarify a resoltuion to this, apologies for the inconvenience the issue has caused.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

No problem, just wanted to log in today to check by bill / upgrade to fiber broadband to reduce my bill...

Mad I have to wait days to log in online.

No problem, just wanted to log in today to check by bill / upgrade to fiber broadband to reduce my bill...

Mad I have to wait days to log in online.
    Hi sicruise

It's not possible to upgrade to efibre through the my eircom service. You can upgrade online via eircom.net or alternatively by calling efibre sales on free phone 1800500300.

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement