Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Magnet HDTV.

• 17-06-2014 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hello everyone, I have magnet installed in my apartment. And while I think their internet is great their tv leaves a lot to be desired. Their set top box is slow and unresponsive and the menus are not very user friendly. The main problem I have is with the hd channels of which there are only three (BBC 1 and 2 and rte 2). While the actual clarity of the picture is great on the hd channels, the picture freezes up for a couple of seconds every couple of minutes. I don't know what is causing this. I asked magnet and they said there nothing they can do. I'm just wondering if any other magnet users on here are experiencing the same issues or not regarding the hd channels. The World Cup is very frustrating to watch in hd with the screen freezing up all the time. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

I feel your pain .. am also a Magnet IP TV user. I have not noticed the HD freeze issue personally ..

As an alternative I sometimes watch the RTE player at high stream rate with laptop connected to TV and its quite good (says HD but not sure)

I am not holding out for any updates to the service from Magnet as it appears they are putting zero investment into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭andromeda76

LizardKing wrote: »
    I feel your pain .. am also a Magnet IP TV user. I have not noticed the HD freeze issue personally ..

As an alternative I sometimes watch the RTE player at high stream rate with laptop connected to TV and its quite good (says HD but not sure)

I am not holding out for any updates to the service from Magnet as it appears they are putting zero investment into it.

Yeah they don't seem too interested in the tv side of their service. I rang yesterday to see if I could drop the tv service and just keep the internet and then get sky installed for the tv. But I've 9 months left on my contract. But surely if I'm paying for their product ands it's not working properly and they say say there is noting they can do, is that not a breach of contract right there? You should not have to pay for something if it's not working properly in any situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭paddyirish23

I didn't know they were into the tv side of things i knew about the aertv but thats not the iptv ye talking about here? whats the deal how much is the sub and what do you get?

Advertisement