Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of this property in South County Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

The house is nicely presented but I see it has only an 'F' BER rating. There is no mention of double glazing, so that might be why. Fair amount of house and land though. But I don't think it's worth .5m.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

See this

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/42-butterfield-orchard-rathfarnham-dublin-14/2834335

When we drove around I though I'd find it on myhome for about 450k but no they're asking 575k!

I thought this was lunacy what do you think?

Will this achieve this in current market?
    How much do you think this will go for next year?

Of course houses in these areas will always attract premium prices but I thought €0.5m max not €0.6m!

Well at least you can live in it unlike this one going for 600 grand with one photo of an unfinished extension and a van parked in the front !! http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/37-butterfield-drive-rathfarnham-dublin-14/2739585

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The house is nicely presented but I see it has only an 'F' BER rating. There is no mention of double glazing, so that might be why. Fair amount of house and land though. But I don't think it's worth .5m.

BERs are not really of much use. It's really just affects heating, the cost to increase isn't to high. It's only got 2.5 exterior walls. You can insulate the attic very cheaply and easily.

The windows look ok and there's a porch. You can insulate the interior walls for cheap enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

How long has it been on the market?

SF seem to put everything on the market for far more than it's worth, then reduce the price after a couple of months if there's no interest.

The agents are all doing their absolute hardest to drive up prices. It's like the last five years didn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I accept that if i want to live in SCD I've to pay half a million for a house like this however i think the extra €100k is too much and pushing it out of our reach. Very frustrating if this does sell for that.

If it's cash buyers when will this end, will this drop to €475k next year?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

I would confidently say that it will certainly break the 500 mark. Location location location, solid middle class, convenient to schools etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

If it's cash buyers when will this end, will this drop to €475k next year?

I hear rumours that a lot of chinese names are appearing the stamp duty records.
    If that is the case, this may continue for the foreseeable future.
    Far wider potential factors here then the average combined income of an Irish working couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,901 ✭✭✭✭L1011

BER report says mixed (you can view them online with the number on the ad); this can mean as little as one window isn't all the way to as little as one is.

Some of the things on the report include a thin lagging jacket (marked as "high impact") for instance.

Every report I read gives me even less confidence in the value of the rating at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

That's a mad price, never realized rathfarnham was in scd pricing bubble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭popolive

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    I would confidently say that it will certainly break the 500 mark. Location location location, solid middle class, convenient to schools etc.

The property delusion continues. How much do you have to be earning to get a mortgage on a gaff like that ? People say random stuff like ''ahh but it was worth 2 million during the boom'' without even considering the meaning of the word 'worth'
    The property market in Ireland is still being artificially propped up just like the rest of the economy. NAMA has a huge number of properties they refuse to sell. If they did, everyone would be able to afford a home. None of this inspires confidence. I have a feeling a lot of sellers are bluffers playing poker. One category bought their homes decades ago, have the mortgage paid off, refuse to sell below this fantasy price because it feeds their egos and can afford to wait while cashing in their pensions. Another category are desperate to sell, have paid the mortgage for a few years but still cant sell below the price of the remaining mortgage. Since prices a few years ago were well over a million and approaching 2 million for these sorts of properties the latter category are screwed and chancing their arm every chance they get. Both categories are in agreement with the vested interests who want artificially inflated property prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

See this

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/42-butterfield-orchard-rathfarnham-dublin-14/2834335

When we drove around I though I'd find it on myhome for about 450k but no they're asking 575k!

I thought this was lunacy what do you think?

Will this achieve this in current market?
    How much do you think this will go for next year?

Of course houses in these areas will always attract premium prices but I thought €0.5m max not €0.6m!

The location is really the only thing going for it. It's that age of house that isn't old enough to be "interesting", but just old enough to have inconveniences - such as poor insulation, probably old plumbing, only one bathroom (not even a downstairs toilet by the looks of things). It looks like some of the garage space was taken to make the kitchen extension (though that's only based on the not-to-scale plan), so there may not even be room for a car in there.

I'm sure it will sell, and probably for close to asking, based on the location alone, but I wouldn't buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Any ideas what's going to happen over the next year? Buy now or hope prices ease a little?

Everyone agrees prices are mad but nobody sure what will happen, could go up even more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭popolive

Any ideas what's going to happen over the next year? Buy now or hope prices ease a little?

Everyone agrees prices are mad but nobody sure what will happen, could go up even more...

Mark my words : fear will follow greed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

No way in hell id pay that for a Duplex, I’d rather a detached house outside of Dublin and commute, but hey that’s just me

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Only has 1 bathroom too. 4 bedrooms with just 1 bathroom.

I'm sure that would be fun for a family in the mornings.

Advertisement