Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I hate Ironing!

• 17-06-2014 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I absolutely hate ironing. But I work in a job where I need to wear a freshly ironed shirt each morning.

So what's a guy to do?

Well, these days I usually iron one each night before going to bed. But I'd rather pay someone else to do it for me.

So is there anyone in the Ennis area who'd like to earn a few quid a week? Ideally I'd like to find someone to whom I could drop off a few (already washed and dry, but not ironed) shirts on my way home from work once a week, and from whom I could pick up the (ironed) ones from the previous week. In an average week, it would be 5 shirts.

As to how much I'm willing to pay; that's a matter for discussion in private. However, I have a rough figure in mind. That figure is less than it would cost me to get a professional laundrette to do it, but more than I used to pay my mother to do it!

If anyone's interested, please PM me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

Hiya, I'm one of those strange beings that loves ironing! I think it's the first thing that attracted my husband to me as he sounds just like you ... Allergic to the iron! Lol
    Anyway ... I've PM'ed you!

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

Hiya, I'm one of those strange beings that loves ironing! I think it's the first thing that attracted my husband to me as he sounds just like you ... Allergic to the iron! Lol

Cor, wish I could find a wife like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

I'll do it for €20 per shirt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

buck65 wrote: »
    I'll do it for €20 per shirt

I guess you missed this bit!
    ... is less than it would cost me to get a professional laundrette to do it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Great!

I got your PM.

I'll get back to you tomorrow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement