Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a direct bus to Shannon airport?

Options
  • 17-06-2014 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Bus eireann do a galway-shannon airpprt route but its got a lot of stops along the way and takes almost two hours...is there a more direct bus?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Not since Citylink stopped doing the service afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Aye, BE only afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

It's nearly as quick to go to Dublin Airport with the direct Citylink or GoBus services than to go to Shannon with BE!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

It's utterly ridiculous that they shut down the airport and left really poor transport links to shannon. If they want shannon to succeed they should have reliable quick public transport from a big city with no airport an hour's drive away.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,418 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Use www.a-b.ie and put in the exact locations and relevant dates and times.

Most departures on route 51 seem to take 1h44m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I a big city with ....

Which big city is that? I live in a big town, really :D

The bus services from Galway to Shannon were cut when people stopped flying from there because Ryanair stopped flying from there.

If the flights were re-instated, then I'm sure there are various private operators who would run a limited-stops bus-service happily enough.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Which big city is that? I live in a big town, really :D

The bus services from Galway to Shannon were cut when people stopped flying from there because Ryanair stopped flying from there.

If the flights were re-instated, then I'm sure there are various private operators who would run a limited-stops bus-service happily enough.

Ryanair opened 8 new routes from Shannon in summer there, if you've ever been on the existing Shannon-Galway bus service, you'd know there's more than enough people to justify a direct service, in summer at least. And even if there wasn't, it's a vicious cycle, people don't take the bus because it's slow and infrequent. It would be in Shannon's interest to at least trial a direct service to see if it increases passenger numbers. Hell even a ryanair connected service like they do from the slightly out of town airports in other countries would do.

Advertisement