Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

g&g l85a2

• 18-06-2014 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

I have an l85/sa80 ordered and i was just wondering whats the best battery in yer opinion to run in it, was thinking a 7.4 lipo or a 8.4 nimh, any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

I'd use a 7.4v lipo with a 20/25C rating. That way you will have good trigger response, decent ROF and you will be able to use a huge battery pack so you will get a full weekend from a single charge. Be sure to check our hobby king for the lipo's.
    And you may wish to swap the g&g motor for another as they have a fairly high failure rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭josh101st

thermo wrote: »
    I'd use a 7.4v lipo with a 20/25C rating. That way you will have good trigger response, decent ROF and you will be able to use a huge battery pack so you will get a full weekend from a single charge. Be sure to check our hobby king for the lipo's.
    And you may wish to swap the g&g motor for another as they have a fairly high failure rate.
    thanks a million, I'll order a lipo so, might go for a g&p high speed motor so, any suggestions on a motor though?

josh101st wrote: »
    thanks a million, I'll order a lipo so, might go for a g&p high speed motor so, any suggestions on a motor though?

For motors id use one of the following a TM eg 30,0000, SHS high torque, any of the guarders or a tornado. The g&p's are gone to sh1t over the last couple of years, the pinion gears are soft and they draw huge ammounts of power, killing batteries like mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

A high torque motor is now generally preferred over a high speed. A high torque will get to maximum speed more quickly whereas a high speed will have a higher max speed but will take longer to reach it. Given most people do short bursts, the ROF return from high speed is overshadowed by the faster trigger response from a high torque.

I would generally recommend SHS parts as being good kit without the hefty prices.

The G&P M120 is often referred to in forum postings but if you look you will see they are older ones as the M120 is a high speed and so is no longer a preferred motor. Not to say they are bad, but are no longer the preferred type.

For motors id use one of the following a TM eg 30,0000, SHS high torque, any of the guarders or a tornado. The g&p's are gone to sh1t over the last couple of years, the pinion gears are soft and they draw huge ammounts of power, killing batteries like mad.

oh right okay thanks any idea where i could buy the motor?

• Advertisement

Hobbyairsoft for the shs high torque
    Seairsoft for the tornado ones
    And ehobbyasia for the TM and guarder ones!

Hobbyairsoft for the shs high torque
    Seairsoft for the tornado ones
    And ehobbyasia for the TM and guarder ones!

perfect I'll get those ordered too l, its all adding up now ha thanks so much for the help!

Advertisement