Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Original Xbox

Options
  • 18-06-2014 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

I have an unopened original black Xbox from 2005

What do you lads think it is worth?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

'bout tree fiddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Please set an asking price.
    This thread is not for evaluating items.
    All items posted here must be accompanied by an asking price.
    If ad is not promptly edited it will be removed.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,930 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Myrddin wrote: »

It's worth about €40 if you're a seller and are mental :D

OP - check out Ebay ended auction (advanced search/sold), I was looking them up a few weeks back and think I saw some had sold for about €300.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Shpongler

Cool.. I will ask for 350 or nearest offer.. I suppose it s a rare enough item.. It was bought years back, put in the attic, and forgotten about :)

Thanks lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,930 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

This is definitely one for Ebay. The collector market who would be interested in this is absolutely tiny, so you'd need to advertise it on a global scale.

Cheers!!! will do

Thanks!

Might put up my amigas too... I have an upgraded 1200 with upgraded ram cpu and HD, a 600 and 500+ too

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

CEX have them for 35 pound, so wouldn't expect too much. a boxed ps2 may fetch a lot in the near future though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

No offence but I cant see the OP getting anywhere near €300, there is a sold one here on ebay for €178 which I think would be more realistic, here's another new factory sealed for same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

No offence but I cant see the OP getting anywhere near €300, there is a sold one here on ebay for €178 which I think would be more realistic, here's another new factory sealed for same.

What about the shipping cost?
    There are plenty of items cheaper in one country, you have to factor in shipping cost to the final price.

Monkeykube wrote: »
    What about the shipping cost?
    There are plenty of items cheaper in one country, you have to factor in shipping cost to the final price.

That's my point.
    The one linked above in the UK has shipping cost of €30, so if the OP opens up the sale to a larger audience as suggested and decides to list on ebay, shipping to say anywhere in Europe, he will get less money for it due to the high shipping costs of probably €30-€50 Europe-wide depending on courier, if he lists it locally there will be much less of a market, its a lose, lose situation.

That's my point.
    The one linked above in the UK has shipping cost of €30, so if the OP opens up the sale to a larger audience as suggested and decides to list on ebay, shipping to say anywhere in Europe, he will get less money for it due to the high shipping costs of probably €30-€50 Europe-wide depending on courier, if he lists it locally there will be much less of a market, its a lose, lose situation.

Those two links are from the US, where's the UK one?

Sorry one of them was a UK one, I swear! mixed up the links between the phone browser, app and the pc, which all give me different results, will have to find it again. There is also a sealed in box one on ebay uk for €249 or best offer inc shipping.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251538651935

I don't doubt you, I just thought I was going blind :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Can we keep this on topic lads, the gent is trying to sell an Xbox, he has set a price. If you want to discuss the merits of his reasoning regarding reaching the sum then form a new topic in the main forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement