Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Kayleigh.. wrote: »
    I feel very very very bad tonight.

In what way/s? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I feel very very very bad tonight.
    fr336 wrote: »
    In what way/s? :(

What's up guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

Bad thoughts tonight, crying, not fun.

Bad thoughts tonight, crying, not fun.

Why what's up?

Why what's up?

I genuinely don't know :/

• Advertisement

Usual for me Hugo, while I don't underestimate the emotional problems you guys have to deal with, whatever road I've gone down seems heading towards a total crash of my mind. Despite me the person being in a much happier place to say this time two years ago, the sleep deprivation anxiety and overall stress has never abated. While on one hand I feel on the cusp of something great if I could do the simple tasks of regulating my diet / exericse, on the other I can't remember things including people's names from the past..some require great effort some I can't recall at all. Really scary considering how sharp I was in this area even a few months ago. I don't think you can be this sleep deprived for so long without permanent damage...I should have seeked medication.

I genuinely don't know :/

Let it all out here...whatever you're thinking

Usual for me Hugo, while I don't underestimate the emotional problems you guys have to deal with, whatever road I've gone down seems heading towards a total crash of my mind. Despite me the person being in a much happier place to say this time two years ago, the sleep deprivation anxiety and overall stress has never abated. While on one hand I feel on the cusp of something great if I could do the simple tasks of regulating my diet / exericse, on the other I can't remember things including people's names from the past..some require great effort some I can't recall at all. Really scary considering how sharp I was in this area even a few months ago. I don't think you can be this sleep deprived for so long without permanent damage...I should have seeked medication.

It's great that you're tackling your diet and exercise, your sleep is so important though. If you're not able to naturally switch off for sleep, it might be time for help.

It's great that you're tackling your diet and exercise, your sleep is so important though. If you're not able to naturally switch off for sleep, it might be time for help.

I am sleeping...I'm just not clearing my sleep debt of 3 years long! I get one or two nights a way short sleep, but mostly it averages about 7 hrs I'd say. Why can nobody in this world understand lol...sigh :( I'll keep on dealing with it alone can't trust public doctors

I'm okay :)

• Advertisement

I'm okay :)

Is this the effect I have on people? :pac:

I joke of course, are you sure you're better now? Was it a brief thing?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Will be back from work shortly after work and when I'm there I won't mind not speaking to anyone.. At work no one really speaks to me, and being contrary it bothers me, just a little though.. These glaring contradictions confuse me..

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

Sometimes I honestly feel like I need a person to just tell me what I have to do with my life. I have absolutely no motivation or sense of direction about my future. Maybe it would be easier if someone could just make the decisions for me, because I'm sure as hell not in the right mind to make serious decisions these days..

Aeternum wrote: »
    Sometimes I honestly feel like I need a person to just tell me what I have to do with my life. I have absolutely no motivation or sense of direction about my future. Maybe it would be easier if someone could just make the decisions for me, because I'm sure as hell not in the right mind to make serious decisions these days..

I get that Aeternum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Aeternum wrote: »

Start small.

Choose to do something different. Choose to set the alarm an hour earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

cloudatlas wrote: »
    I know I need to get out there and meet people but every time I go to a social event I end up feeling low and over analyse everything afterwards. I know I need to chill but it's tough as I have no friends here. I much more comfortable sometimes just staying in by myself but I know long term it's not good.

Are you me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

I may have just gone and ruined everything because I'm an absolute lunatic. I feel awful.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I may have just gone and ruined everything because I'm an absolute lunatic. I feel awful.

Please stand back from whatever it is and take a deep breath if you can. Most people here tend to look at things quite negatively, it's just a trait we share, if you can leave it aside for a little while it may not be as bad. I've come here in panic more than once thinking I'd destroyed a friendship for example, luckily enough it hasn't come to pass..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Please stand back from whatever it is and take a deep breath if you can. Most people here tend to look at things quite negatively, it's just a trait we share, if you can leave it aside for a little while it may not be as bad. I've come here in panic more than once thinking I'd destroyed a friendship for example, luckily enough it hasn't come to pass..

Ladies and Gentlemen.
    We may have just seen an early entry for 'Post Of The Year'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Cheers for that ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Hi all

Some advice is needed.

My OH suffers with depression. She has phases where she is absolutely hyper(she had one on Saturday). She was in great form. We were laughing & joking and generally having a great time. However, yesterday she went to visit her parents, and ended up having a huge row with them over money(her words).
    She lives on her own.

This morning I got a text message off her saying that she didn't go into work today. "Not in good form. Not well either. Taking the day off". Is what she said. I've tried ringing her a couple of times this morning, but she's not answering??

Are these kinds of episodes normal? Should I leave her be, or try ringing her again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

No offence to you mickey but you seem to need help with your girlfriend and I don't know that this is the place to get it. It's a fairly big thing to ask the people in here what you should do about your girlfriend. It's more a general support forum rather than a specific advice Forum.

Don't get me wrong I think it's great that you ask so much when it comes to her, to know what's best, but I just don't know that we're the best equipped to tell you what you want to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Gongoozler wrote: »
    No offence to you mickey but you seem to need help with your girlfriend and I don't know that this is the place to get it. It's a fairly big thing to ask the people in here what you should do about your girlfriend. It's more a general support forum rather than a specific advice Forum.

Don't get me wrong I think it's great that you ask so much when it comes to her, to know what's best, but I just don't know that we're the best equipped to tell you what you want to know.

Thanks. I think - like last time - I'll just let it run it's course.....??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Hi everybody, I haven't checked in here recently and hope all are doing ok. This isn't time of year.

Up until literally a few days ago, I thought I was doing fine. Actively practising mindfulness, looking after myself, mentally and physically- had a very peaceful and pleasant booze free Xmas.. But on January 1st.. Every thing just toppled on too of me... Ok I had a big night NYE, and I just attributed my poor mood to that.. Also te whole "January blue" thing, I had a lovely Xmas and I just thought I am experiencing the inevitable come down from that.. And I got bad news on that I didn't get a good job I was going for over Xmas but just processed it and said to myself "don't le this get to you".. But now I feel ****ing awful.. I am conscious of how I am feeling and my behaviour and yet I can't break it at the moment... I'm here in canada a the moment, alone, not working right now, moving apartment month to month- so all the stress has got on top of me. I've read a bit of Bressie's posting on this and I've sort of "humanised" my anxiety a bit which can be helpful, but holy **** it's comes back with a vengeance.. As I said I can conscious of it, I know what's happening, I can tell when I am going I feel anxious publicly- I've come on leaps and bounds and forums like this are great to share and learn coping mechanisms- bit right now, I am struggling.. I've read about physical manifestations of anxiety and I think I have some- a terrible tooth ache ad neck rash... I just wanted to get it off my chest and I know this is rambling- a symptom of my mind constantly racing- i try to mediate now which is basically focusing on breathing quietly and letting thoughts come and go, like waves... I am determined to beat this and up until quite recently, felt pretty good for the first time in a long time.. I just hope this present period is a minor set back. Thanks all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Hi all

Some advice is needed.

My OH suffers with depression. She has phases where she is absolutely hyper(she had one on Saturday). She was in great form. We were laughing & joking and generally having a great time. However, yesterday she went to visit her parents, and ended up having a huge row with them over money(her words).
    She lives on her own.

This morning I got a text message off her saying that she didn't go into work today. "Not in good form. Not well either. Taking the day off". Is what she said. I've tried ringing her a couple of times this morning, but she's not answering??

Are these kinds of episodes normal? Should I leave her be, or try ringing her again?

Hey there. Mental illness is different for everyone tbh, so none of us can say really if something is "normal" or not. Personally, I would often have mood swings similar to you describe your girlfriend as having. I think the best thing you can do is just let her know you're there for her. It can make such a difference knowing you have someone there to support you.

My mood has been up and down like a fecking yoyo lately. It's pretty annoying to say the least. The psychiatrist put me on 25mg of quetiapine to see if it would help stabilise/calm me at all. So we'll see how that goes. Any of you on it?

Free house for a bit, does wonders for my head.

After the most horrid two days of my life yesterday and Monday - I've had issues in the past but nothing like my memories slipping away from me and me feeling like I was losing my mind - today has so far been a revelation. I guess I didn't have to get straight up and out to college and the stresses of people around me, not really being able to come and go as I please etc. Also got house free since I got up today which is more of a load off me than even I thought. I've now got what feels like my hundreth chance and going to try my best as always, hopefully armed with the definitive info to now always be moving forward and never back. I can't risk my mind and general health again like that, don't care how bloody depressed I may feel. I feel like I'm in control again for the first time in a long while, like life is in the palm of my hand rather than me being tossed and thrown about in a tornado - that's all I could equate it to. No looking to the past (well not negatively anyway), nor more importantly the future in a way - that is of detriment to me I need to focus on the here and now and grab it to build that future. Hope this might help someone reading who's having the same issues, if not I just needed to write something for myself as well :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

jaysis I'd have a few drinks and belt out some tunes followed by collapsing in a heap! Not an option?

• Advertisement

After the slight upside of early today I feel worse than ever :eek: God help me seriously...

One 'positive' about things getting worse is your mind hones in on important things in certain narratives and cuts everything else out...as if it's in panic mode, for instance finding a calm place where I can gather my head somewhat.

Oh man :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement