Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Finally got my payments sorted. Apparently one of my certs was not received even though it was sent in.

Have to try catch up now with bills and get some decent food at Last

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

heyday30 wrote: »
    Finally got my payments sorted. Apparently one of my certs was not received even though it was sent in.

Have to try catch up now with bills and get some decent food at Last

That's great to hear heyday. You must be so relieved. So unfair that this can happen and they wouldn't just ring and check with you before they cut off your payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Doctor put me on escitalopram 1 pill per day for the next month. It might just be my imagination but I'm defo feeling the blurred vision and dry throat.

Anyone familiar with this medication? never heard of it myself..

carzony wrote: »
    Doctor put me on escitalopram 1 pill per day for the next month. It might just be my imagination but I'm defo feeling the blurred vision and dry throat.

Anyone familiar with this medication? never heard of it myself..

Well done on your trip to the doc. That's generic lexapro. I started on Monday, also got the dry throat (gone now). Still waiting on the benefits to kick in..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Well done on your trip to the doc. That's generic lexapro. I started on Monday, also got the dry throat (gone now). Still waiting on the benefits to kick in..

I feeling a bit numb actually.. Defo something happening here lol..

I usually react very fast to anything though even alcohol..

• Advertisement

carzony wrote: »
    I feeling a bit numb actually.. Defo something happening here lol..

I usually react very fast to anything though even alcohol..

Hopefully it goes well for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

Lexapro makes me suicidal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Kayleigh.. wrote: »

I hope you're not on it and are doing ok there now K

I hope you're not on it and are doing ok there now K

Been on it since September :P

Been on it since September :P

Have you been talking to your doctor about how it makes you feel?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

I been on lexapro for 6 months now and for me it has few side effects. It is one of the better meds i been on, been on 12 different ones this last 3 years, mood stabilisers, anti psychotics, anti depressants, benzos, you name it. Im still a long way off being anywhere near normal though.

Kayleigh, do you mind me asking how quickly that came on? I'm worried this is going to happen to me, my mood plummeted yesterday (don't normally have much by way of mood problems, usually just anxiety) and was afraid to leave the house because I was feeling like I was going to throw myself under a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Ah here. I've lost my bloody medical card. Not even started CIPC :/

And by lost I mean the HSE have told me I'm not entitled to it :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Mycroft H wrote: »
    And by lost I mean the HSE have told me I'm not entitled to it :(

are you working?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭lilydonoghue

I feel like I'm heading for trouble. I feel rotten and hugely unmotivated. I'm going through a marriage break up but still living in the same house waiting for it to sell. I was on valdoxan 50mgs for a few years and 20mgs of Lexapro was added a few months ago and I started to feel really good and all around me noticed the change and I felt I could cope. lately though I have been using solpadeine and neurofen plus when I don't need to and I also take valium 2.5mgs because the doctor gave them to me but I'm not sure when I should use them. I stopped the valdoxan a few days ago as I felt one anti dep is enough, and I have also started to eat HUGE amounts of junk food and have put on a lot of weight. Now I feel absolutely rotten. I don't want to leave the house or clean myself up although I do cos I have a job and a couple of good friends (although they don't know any of this stuff). Can anybody advise me how to get out of the mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I would suggest:
    1. Tell someone you trust what you are going through. You'd be surprised how much it helps.
    2. Talk to your GP maybe something can be done from a medical point of view
    if you don't feel confortable talking to anyone talk to your gp, they are also there to listen!
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭lilydonoghue

I am worried that if I tell the GP she might not ever give me any drugs again and I really don't know who I could tell this too. I feel ashamed

Roquentin wrote: »
    are you working?

New job alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭alaskayoung

Lexapro/Escitalopram is pretty potent compared to other SSRI's and takes effect pretty fast so what you're experiencing isn't unusual :)

• Advertisement

Kayleigh, do you mind me asking how quickly that came on?
    It came on pretty quickly, within a few days if I remember correctly.

New job alright.

thats why you lost it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The meeting with psychologist went well, although it took me a few minutes for my ability to speak to work.. Gave her the list of stuff to start things.. She wasn't too happy with how long i've been floating around system for so long without any progress, so hopefully she will get me into a therapy type thing.

The meeting with psychologist went well, although it took me a few minutes for my ability to speak to work.. Gave her the list of stuff to start things.. She wasn't too happy with how long i've been floating around system for so long without any progress, so hopefully she will get me into a therapy type thing.

Am glad to hear that it went well for you Grem! Fingers crossed she can get you sorted now too. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Still recovering from it, pulled a heap of muscles again, but relief too. She took her time with me and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

http://www.forbes.com/sites/luketimmerman/2015/01/27/depression-has-stymied-big-drugmakers-but-little-naurex-is-moving-ahead/

https://www.naurex.com/news/

This looks really promising. Rumoured to be available for 2016. Always a hint of pessimism though...cause the whole being depressed thing and what have you...

Roquentin wrote: »
    thats why you lost it.

I was one month of keeping it for three years :(

And I'm really not earning that much

I lost mine too Mycroft H

I was one month of keeping it for three years :(

And I'm really not earning that much

thats the thing. its nearly better to be on the dole than off it depending on the amount of money you make in the job

• Advertisement

Even with the drug payment scheme card, meds can be so costly a month.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement