Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

It may be that im very sensitive to medication but i do find a difference between patented and generic brands. I also found it with lexapro and escitalopro. I found the lexapro had a stronger effect. But that might be just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rachelg1

Cipramil for Depression

Just wondering about Cipramil has anyone here been prescribed it? I know everyone is different, i'm just curious

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

mg1982 wrote: »
    It may be that im very sensitive to medication but i do find a difference between patented and generic brands. I also found it with lexapro and escitalopro. I found the lexapro had a stronger effect. But that might be just me.

I found the lexapro very harsh on my stomach but the generic is fine for me. 1 month of the lexapro cost me 40 and 1 month of the generic is only 8 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭CaptainInsano

I have to say after over a week on the generic I feel exactly how I did when having withdrawals from Lexapro, minus brain zaps. I'm irritable bordering on intense anger sometimes, headache, loss of appetite and sweating like mad and really clouded and spaced out. The doctor yesterday said the same as everyone else that they are the exact same. I can only conclude that these symptoms are a result of my own thoughts. It might be worth noting that I called my sister who had been on Lexapro too (we're an anxious bunch) and she started taking the generic to save money. She says she's felt bad the last week, clouded head and the like also. Maybe it's just something going around. Bar some testimonials online from people claiming to be worse off on the generic, there's nothing scientific to back it up. A bitter pill to swallow indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

Hi I got my prescription from a pharmacy one time and they gave me a different brand that I usually used get. I remember at the time feeling unwell. I had a headache and felt a nauseous. I asked the GP about why this happened the next time and she was adamant the reason I felt unwell was nothing to do with the change in brand.

This has been my day so far except I had nutella rather than honey.

filepicker%2Fh4W0mK0S6V4xSZIdwj0g_winnie_the_pooh_honey.jpg

• Advertisement

rachelg1 wrote: »
    Cipramil for Depression

Just wondering about Cipramil has anyone here been prescribed it? I know everyone is different, i'm just curious

Hi rachel. I was on Cipramil for about 18 months. It worked well for first 6 months but then it taled off. I didnt have too many side effects on it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I found today harder than any previous valentine days, and I've no idea why. I've always been lonely, I've never had cards or relationships but somehow this is a really difficult one to get past.. I did isolate myself a lot from the physical world the last week or so but that doesn't explain things adequately either.. Maybe it's a getting older thing though I sincerely hope not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

I found today harder than any previous valentine days, and I've no idea why. I've always been lonely, I've never had cards or relationships but somehow this is a really difficult one to get past.. I did isolate myself a lot from the physical world the last week or so but that doesn't explain things adequately either.. Maybe it's a getting older thing though I sincerely hope not.

Sorry to hear that, Grem :(

It's an awful load of tosh anyway. I was alone too x

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm just putting it here because sometimes I digest it easier if I can write it.. I don't know.. It's never been an issue really before.. Maybe getting a brief glimpse of a reality where a possible relationship could exist is the problem. But that's ages ago. Things don't seem to crop up in a discernible timeline for me..

How are you getting on now Scrim?

Sorry for disappearing Grem, actually managed to fall asleep last night! I think I get what you're saying about how writing things down can make it easier to digest, if you have to figure out what to write down I guess you have to figure out what you're trying to say.

I'm not entirely sure how I am. In one sense a bit better, but I think that's down to my results being okay. The irony is that I want to view my scripts but I'm too worried they made a mistake correcting them (i.e. gave me too many marks!) to actually view them. I seem to replace one worry with another :o Although I do seem to be a bit more able to do things like wash my face morning and evening. I know that sounds absolutely ridiculous but there you go...

At the moment I'm trying to plan a couple of things... I have to go back to the doc this week and I also have my first (of this attempt!) counselling appointment in 10 days. I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to say at either appointment... I can't figure out if my anxiety got worse because of the lexapro, or if it would have been even worse without it. I'm also unsure about mentioning what happened last week (possible self harm trigger spoilered).
    I was sitting in a lecture before results came out and just got so agitated and anxious that I wanted to crawl out of my skin and no idea why but I started scratching my arm until the skin surface came off. The pain of it was strangely relieving and I could actually concentrate better... But I've never done anything like that before so I dunno if I should mention it. Not sure at all what to do. I'm not sure if that negates any benefits I've had but I'm very reluctant to mention it because I think I could be creating more trouble for myself if I do...

• Advertisement

Heyo Scrim, i have to try sleep now, but i'll get back to you on this.. Been there so least we've common ground..

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rachelg1

Thanks mg1982,
    Just wanted to know. I was on prozac for couple of weeks but found it hard to breathe at times so GP gave me Cipramil & said it's not as strong as prozac, but i'm actually kind of scared to take anything at the moment i know that sounds stupid, not sure what to do
    Hi rachel. I was on Cipramil for about 18 months. It worked well for first 6 months but then it taled off. I didnt have too many side effects on it.

rachelg1 wrote: »
    Thanks mg1982,
    Just wanted to know. I was on prozac for couple of weeks but found it hard to breathe at times so GP gave me Cipramil & said it's not as strong as prozac, but i'm actually kind of scared to take anything at the moment i know that sounds stupid, not sure what to do

Its meant to be one of the milder anti depressants is cipramil and prozac is one of the strongest so it should not be as bad. When u say u found it hard to breathe was it from feeling anxious or panicky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭timecurve12

I have so little energy...what do I do? I know exercise will help but I can't motivate myself to do it. I feel so frustrated with myself. When I say about being tired all the time to people, they tell me to exercise, and I know I should, it's just I can't get myself to do it. I just feel so tired, mentally, physically, emotionally. When I come home I just get into bed and hide away. It takes so much effort to get out of bed. I don't know what to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Been on Cipramil for about 5 months now and for the first few months I found it great. Maybe that was just placebo effect though as I feel the same way I did before I was on any medication now. Maybe it's just the weekend that's in it that has me down. I'm used to having someone to spend valentines day with but it just didn't happen this year. Might see if I can get something else from the doctor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Some brain fog today. We really haven't a clue what is going on

Scrim, promised I'd get back to ya.. I've said it before but I can't stress how much it helps. Write a list to bring to your doc and another for your counsellor.. It has proven useful to me time after time for me and you won't be treated differently, I'd say you could pretty much transcribe what you posted earlier including the highlighted part.. You sound like you're overthinking which I think a lot of us here do.. For instance it was mentioned on here that prozac is a strong antidepressant, that's been on my mind for no reason other than I've decided to obsess about it a bit. As always am here for chats via pm also..

heyday30 wrote: »
    Some brain fog today. We really haven't a clue what is going on

Hi there, unless you have to be totally alert to something don't worry too much about a foggy day. Everyone on the planet seems to get those sometimes.

Hi there, unless you have to be totally alert to something don't worry too much about a foggy day. Everyone on the planet seems to get those sometimes.

Cheers grem. Just a space cadet today. Hope you are doing ok

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I have hit a new low today, cant shake it off at all

• Advertisement

I deal with brain fog every day. Not sure what causes it. Anyone else here suffer with chronic fatigue?

I deal with brain fog every day. Not sure what causes it. Anyone else here suffer with chronic fatigue?

Yup, im not even able to sleep anymore

The fog is hard to handle but I try not to force it too much if I can manage basic tasks I'm generally ok about it though it can be too heavy the odd day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

I find it difficult sometimes when I am trying to learn new things that it takes me a long time. For example I'm an avid reader. Regularly I will finish a page and not have a clue what I have read at the end of it. New information specifically if it's any way technical or requires brain power is quite difficult. It definitely takes me a longer time to process it. Even sometimes when I write a post here I find I have to reread it a few times before I post as it contains a lot of errors.

Greenfrogs, I find that sometimes too. When I want to learn I'm very visual.. Reading for pleasure is something I do a lot but sometimes I get stuck on a sentence like the words don't make sense. I generally have to walk away for a few minutes to regroup. I thank my lucky stars since that works for me still.

Scrim, promised I'd get back to ya.. I've said it before but I can't stress how much it helps. Write a list to bring to your doc and another for your counsellor.. It has proven useful to me time after time for me and you won't be treated differently, I'd say you could pretty much transcribe what you posted earlier including the highlighted part.. You sound like you're overthinking which I think a lot of us here do.. For instance it was mentioned on here that prozac is a strong antidepressant, that's been on my mind for no reason other than I've decided to obsess about it a bit. As always am here for chats via pm also..

Thanks Grem. I think you're right, I am over thinking it. I'm also letting myself jump to the worst possible conclusions. I've thought more about it and logically can see the world won't implode by my being honest... Will take some time over the next couple of days to come up with some actual benefits (instead of not-necessarily-negatives) to a full chat with the doc. Then I'll figure out what to say in order to raise it. I would like to be able to talk, but will bring notes in case!

How are you this evening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Signed OFF Work by work doc. Upset at the time think time off is what I need atm

Doing alright Scrim, there's been some bad news today but I think it hasn't hit home too hard so far.

Efb, if you're happy enough to be off then go for it.. A rest could be beneficial.. In my case I can't handle too much time to myself but we're all different here.. Best of luck to you.

i feel sometimes i have early onset dementia. i can barely have a conversation with anyone now because it takes me so long to process what people are saying, brain fog, confusion and short term memory is really bad

• Advertisement

i feel sometimes i have early onset dementia. i can barely have a conversation with anyone now because it takes me so long to process what people are saying, brain fog, confusion and short term memory is really bad

Hi mg. I can relate to this especially in the last week or so. The fog is unreal. I know I haven't been drinking enough water sounds stupid I know but I get really foggy almost disorientated if I don't drink enough.

Short term Memory is crappy too. I've to write everything Down r ill forget. Fcuking post it's everywhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement