Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Scrim, bloody delighted for you! I'm so glad your doc was good.. Actually smiling like an idiot here..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

Scrim, bloody delighted for you! I'm so glad your doc was good.. Actually smiling like an idiot here..

Ah thanks :) didn't even need to revert to the list with me. I think this is a really good step and I'm really glad I went to him rather than a random doc. Feeling very positive tonight. I think I'm in a place now (after about a decade of agonizing) where I am finally able to really work on getting and staying well (if that makes sense) and it seems like I also have good supports around me. Really enjoying this feeling, been a long time since I felt this positive. Strange to go from so anxious to so positive just cos of a GP visit but there you go!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

Awaiting news back about an interview I had for my dream job this week, as you can imagine my anxiety is through the roof!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

Scrimshanker I am really happy for you that you are in a much more positive place today. A good GP is worth their weight in gold. I remember feeling like that on my visit to my GP re my depression. Thinking to myself why didn't I go to the doctor earlier because it really is the first step towards getting better.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I was the same after my first appointment with my doc to tackle this.. Could have kicked myself for not going sooner but it happene eventually..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I remember my gp doing nothing for me when my anxiety started and it was so stressful so I know what its like. Getting real help is great though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

carzony wrote: »
    I remember my gp doing nothing for me when my anxiety started and it was so stressful so I know what its like. Getting real help is great though :)

Have you gotten the help you need now?

I remember being scared that the same would happen me. That the doctor would dismiss my concerns and I would feel even worse.

Kinda. She put me on medication and referred me to councellor . I've yet to ring the councillor though

I do hope Scrim's story help people, lets them know that there are decent doctors out there and to persevere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Awaiting news back about an interview I had for my dream job this week, as you can imagine my anxiety is through the roof!

Ooh best of luck!!
    carzony wrote: »
    Kinda. She put me on medication and referred me to councellor . I've yet to ring the councillor though

carzony, I hope you do give them a ring at some stage. You deserve to have lots of good support going through this, and a counsellor can be a great support to have.

Has anyone tried yoga? My cousin has pretty severe MH issues and swears by yoga for self-care. I have never tried it, but thinking about it.

• Advertisement

Ooh best of luck!!

carzony, I hope you do give them a ring at some stage. You deserve to have lots of good support going through this, and a counsellor can be a great support to have.

Unbelievably the service i was reffered to doesnt have anyone answering calls, EVER!!

You have to leave your number, DOB and Address on an answering machine mechanism which i find crazy considering their business is actually talking to people :o:o

I was also told it take weeks to get an appointment so it's all putting me off to be honest.

The pills are working to some extent and the gp reckons things will get better as the medication is not at full effect yet. I might just stay on the medication for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Very gittery. Loads of nervous energy. Don't like this feeling.

heyday30 wrote: »
    Very gittery. Loads of nervous energy. Don't like this feeling.
    Urgh, hate that feeling too :/ Is there anything you can do to take your mind off it? Like something that you could concentrate your energy into? I like colouring or painting my nails when I get in that horrible jittery place. Something small to focus on.

Hope everyone is doing okay today. Another day here is another battle won. We're all warriors.

Urgh, hate that feeling too :/ Is there anything you can do to take your mind off it? Like something that you could concentrate your energy into? I like colouring or painting my nails when I get in that horrible jittery place. Something small to focus on.

Hope everyone is doing okay today. Another day here is another battle won. We're all warriors.

I cleaned the bathroom tiles n grouting with bleach n a toothbrush. Still sort of wired but not as bad

I cleaned the bathroom tiles n grouting with bleach n a toothbrush. Still sort of wired but not as bad

Lol, I love doing that. It's like popping a spot :p

No sleep again......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Lay in bed this morning and just couldn't get up for work. Will pay for it tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Pecker31

Hi all, had my first session last night and I feel great today, feel like a big rock has been lifted off my shoulders and I am beginning to relax, sleep still not great and mind kinda foggy but we are getting there :)

She recommended Acupuncture, Reflexology or Craniosacral Therapy. Has anyone tried these, do you find them effective?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

No sleep again......

I hate those feelings when anxiety wont leave u alone, i get very restless and cant sit still. i normally drink a beer or two in the evening and it helps a bit. lol.
    Hope u sleep tonight.

Pecker31 wrote: »
    Hi all, had my first session last night and I feel great today, feel like a big rock has been lifted off my shoulders and I am beginning to relax, sleep still not great and mind kinda foggy but we are getting there :)

She recommended Acupuncture, Reflexology or Craniosacral Therapy. Has anyone tried these, do you find them effective?

Well done!. Long may that continue for ya.. :) Have no experience with those therapies, well for anxiety/depression anyway though, sorry. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

I find the yoga pretty good, there are some good videos on youtube and there not to strenous.

Lay in bed this morning and just couldn't get up for work. Will pay for it tomorrow.

Did the exact same :o so much for thinking I was coming out of this episode.
    Pecker31 wrote: »

Great to hear that your session went well :) My mum finds acupuncture great (she gets it mainly for chronic back pain, but says it helps with anxiety too). I'm not a big fan of needles, so haven't considered it :o I've been thinking about going for reflexology lately though, so I'd also be interested in hearing if others have found it useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Happy Friday friends! :o

Happy Friday, Hugo. How's life treating you?

Happy Friday, Hugo. How's life treating you?

HF Scrim!

Not too bad here at the moment thankfully. How are you? :)

HF Scrim!

Not too bad here at the moment thankfully. How are you? :)

Good actually :) Avoiding what I need to do which is eating away at me a bit... But okay other than that

Made an appointment with the doctor for tonight. Gonna ask for some anti anxiety medication as well as stronger SSRI's than the ones I'm on now.

Good actually :) Avoiding what I need to do which is eating away at me a bit... But okay other than that

I get ya Scrim. We all do that here I'd imagine.
    Made an appointment with the doctor for tonight. Gonna ask for some anti anxiety medication as well as stronger SSRI's than the ones I'm on now.

Sorry to hear that NC, I hope things improve there soon.

Hey NC glad you're able to go to doc at least. Hope everyone is doing ok..

• Advertisement

I'm grand, its just that I can feel myself getting bad again and I want to stop it before it gets worse. I'm glad, in a way. Its a step I never would have taken this time last year :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement