Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

Well done on sticking with it when your commute is so tough. I used to do one like that, it's exhausting. It sounds like the tablets are helping a lot though, so no reason to think tomorrow will be any different.

Is there any music you can listen to to distract you? Or maybe write in a journal?

Commuting should occupy its own circle of hell...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I find most people with anxiety seem to have terrible trouble using public transport..

I'll just see how things go mate. I decided to make that appointment with the councellor so i'm on the waiting list lol... hope i'm not waiting to long..

Well done on deciding to see the counsellor. Hopefully the waiting list isn't too long. I have my first appointment with the college counsellor this Thursday. Scary times...

i might write a few things down because there has been so many episodes i'd hate to forget..

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

I was feeling very panicky/anxious all night but listening to this has relaxed me a little bit, might help someone in here

• Advertisement

Here we go again... Another Monday :( Bit of a want to die day today. V panicky, can't really breathe.

Hope every one else's day going better..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Here we go again... Another Monday :( Bit of a want to die day today. V panicky, can't really breathe.

Hope every one else's day going better..

Feeling epically Sh1te today as well scrim.
    weather not helping. Roll on some sunshine.
    On the plus side Monday just about done you'll get through it friend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Man i hate using public transport as well. Knowing that u will be stuck in a confined place with a lot of people for a number of hours doesnt appeal to me. I got up at 2 today so i missed most of monday already although i am on a night shift tonight.

Didnt bother going in to college this morning just didnt have the energy. Wish I could get the rest of the week off ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Some f@&king low-life broke into my OH's car & took her Handsfree kit. Police know who it is & have the kit. He's done a few places around the area.

She was very upset over it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Some f@&king low-life broke into my OH's car & took her Handsfree kit. Police know who it is & have the kit. He's done a few places around the area.

She was very upset over it.

That's horrible hope she n you are ok.
    It's frightening a lot of break ins here too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I reached out to a few people earlier this evening. No replies. Feeling very down about it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

Hugs for you Gremlinertia.

I know how that feels all too well. However maybe they missed you call/text or have things they needed to do urgently. They will reply when they have a chance.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I got two "catch ya later" type replies. Think I'll just knock off for the night.

Yah it's best not to overthink these things. That's easier said than done I know. I find the night time is when this can happen to me also. So sleep is probably the best thing to do.

Oh I've to work six more hours yet. I'm just sulking because I don't reach out in real life much but I'm pretty available at the same time to people..

That must be hard though. Because while you are on the night shift then your friends can't really contact you as they are asleep. Then when they are up you are probably asleep. There is probably a limited time when ye are actually all up.

I would say you have three options. First maybe you could mention it to those people that you were upset they didn't contact you as you have been there for them many times. Second option is to forgive and forget. Or thirdly get bitter about it and next time they need you then ignore them. I think the first two are the best and the healthiest.

Second one is the usual approach I take.. I've a few people in other countries that are up just don't have the time.. I don't communicate too well person to person, preferring to use instant message of some sort..

To be honest I can't really relate to that. I don't have many friends and prefer not to talk about my down moments with my family. I am in counselling at the moment so that is where I vent.

In saying that I do have one friend who I hang out with. Although I don't speak to her about my illness it's nice to go out, talk about crap and just have fun. It can be hard to relate to someone via a message. Maybe try and arrange a evening out with a friend so that you have something to look forward to. It may take your mind off your current situation.

Even though I have to say you are doing much better than me. When I found myself in your situation in the past I got mad and sent mean texts. The result is I lost friends over it. It's funny how we react so differently in the same situation. I almost envy you that you don't get mad and be mean. :)

Ah I just wanted someone to be there. I've told plenty in the past where to go, the only reason I'm in any way restrained at the moment is because I'm at work..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭alaskayoung

I got two "catch ya later" type replies. Think I'll just knock off for the night.

Maybe they just need a little time to think about what you told them and come up with a supportive response. It can be difficult to know what to say sometimes in this situation especially if they haven't been through something similar themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭alaskayoung

Has anyone here been on Lofepramine? I've just been prescribed it after a lot of bad reactions to SSRI's but can't find much information about it on the internet.

I was admitted to the psych ward after a pretty traumatic Friday night and I'll be here for God knows how long but some of the people here are pretty zombified on drugs and I hate not really knowing what I'm putting into myself. Upped my Seroquel dosage too ugh.. Hope you're all getting on okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Pecker31

Has anyone read Flourishing by Maureen Gafney? I was recommended by my counsellor to read it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

heyday30 wrote: »
    That's horrible hope she n you are ok.
    It's frightening a lot of break ins here too.

Thanks. Gardai know who it is......

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Throwaway3754

Does anyone else get anxious about feeling anxious?
    It's the most backwards thing ever, why can't my mind just relax for 5 minutes

I do anyway. During panic attacks I freak out about not being able to breath which makes things worse:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Pecker31

It's the most backwards thing ever, why can't my mind just relax for 5 minutes

ha.... ALL..... THE...... Time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Has anyone here been on Lofepramine? I've just been prescribed it after a lot of bad reactions to SSRI's but can't find much information about it on the internet.

I was admitted to the psych ward after a pretty traumatic Friday night and I'll be here for God knows how long but some of the people here are pretty zombified on drugs and I hate not really knowing what I'm putting into myself. Upped my Seroquel dosage too ugh.. Hope you're all getting on okay.
    Hope you're okay alaskayoung. Maybe ask one of the nurses to give you some info on it? They might have some leaflets or something about it. It's a bit scary to see people zombified by meds when you're in a treatment facility alright :/

Sorry to hear that AY. Hope things start to improve for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

I'm done. I gave all I had to give in life and it wasn't enough. I don't care anymore. I want it to be over. I want to be dead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement