Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

TBH Grem I am not sure if I had a problem with a sleep or with myself, but I'd bet on the second one : )....
    and yes i can feel your words on loneliness as i do suffer from it too despite all..
    just few days ago i thought i met a friend and we talked quite lot and i enjoyed it and then the person just went the other way i presume.. i think its even worse than if there was no one in the first place :(...

anyway i ll get over it. im good at surviving i guess. how - well that's the other question and only me knows the answer...........
    actually sometimes i think its only my family that's still keepin' me here.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Well problem sleep is usually symptomatic of other issues.. Too little or too much I think both mean something. Hard to figure out what though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I have little trouble getting to sleep. I tend to stay asleep for 12 hours or more if left uninterrupted. Not sure if it is about escaping or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Do people here find regular exercise good for anxiety?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

I'm alive thats about it, delighted its miserable and raining apt for me right now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Saipanne wrote: »

yea do cycling. Up hills as well. Takes a lot of effort, but feel good. Also cycle in the rain and come back and take a nice shower. Feels good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lucy_s

Hi :) iv never posted here before. I'm not sure if I should make a new thread! Has anyone had any experience with lexapro and withdrawls?

Saipanne wrote: »

When I go for a walk, I do actually feel a good bit better afterwards. That being said, mustering up the courage to actually go for a walk can be tough sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

lucy_s wrote: »
    Hi :) iv never posted here before. I'm not sure if I should make a new thread! Has anyone had any experience with lexapro and withdrawls?

Yes, it lasts a couple of weeks and passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭rumar

Has anyone used the generic equivalent to Lexapro? Any side effects? 1/5th of the price so considering switching

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

I'm on the generic lexapro a few days and haven't noticed anything different.

I'm not 100% it has much effect on me normally though as I take another tablet with it.

The tablet looks quite different.

Generics in Ireland come under intense scrutiny in order to achieve compliance. You can use them with the confidence that you are getting a medication just as good as the patented brand version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

Generics in Ireland come under intense scrutiny in order to achieve compliance. You can use them with the confidence that you are getting a medication just as good as the patented brand version.
    that's good to know.. cause i a not a fan of generics, but while on social they are just giving me that whenever they can :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,302 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not just in Ireland, though? I would be more than surprised if we were world leaders in that regard.

Not your ornery onager

Fair point. I would be more worried about fake brand-name drugs than dodgy generics though.

[Couldn't quote your post for some reason. Edit: you must have deleted it while I was replying.]

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Not just in Ireland, though? I would be more than surprised if we were world leaders in that regard.

I can't speak for the rest of the world sorry. I would image we're better than places like India etc.

My point was that I was just trying to reassure folks that generics here are grand.

Edit: Ninja edit Esel sorry! :D

Hope we have not broken the space/time continuum here! :)

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Hope we have not broken the space/time continuum here! :)

I have the lotto numbers here. Wanna go back and share the jackpot?! :D

How are you Esel, keeping well there? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ZenPit

I've been hearing more and more about this SSRE called Tianeptine. Wondering if anyone else is familiar with it, and using it for Anxiety and depression?

Inreality I defiantly noticed when I started taking them. The doctor told me I might feel a bit worse before i felt better. Well....... Worse was an understatement! If I could imagine what the cumdown from heroin was like I'd say if felt pretty similer!!! At the very start when i took lexapro about an hour later I'd get a rush that would leave me rocking back and forth for ages!! couldn't open my mouth to speak on occasion because the muscles would lock up. I'd have to change my pjs 3/4 times a night, I couldn't get out of bed (not good with 2 kids!) and sooooooo tired. 10 times worse than pregnancy! I missed my 30 birthday because I didn't want people near me !! And I had no energy! Any it settled after about 8 weeks. I still have the jaw thing but it's just restless if you know what I meen. And totally dopey and extremely sleepy (not like me at all!). I could fall asleep at the drop of a hat and a lot of the time I don't feel like I'm on the same planet as every one. Like I'm watching everyone get on with their daily buisness from a distance !!!!!

I took my last half dose 10 days ago after weening down. I'm weepy, very short tempered, dizzy to the point of falling over (twice) my tummys been "up set" constantly for 3 weeks now and I really don't blame my tummy but my appetite is fading away, and iv been having a buzzy feeling in my head that almost makes me def for a few seconds!!!

Doc thinks I might need to go back on it :/

Sorry for the long whiny post but I dont know anyone who has any experience with this sort of medication. It would be helpful to here other people's experiences.

Ps. Although I have suffered from depression in my teens/early 20's and pnd after I had my son. The lexapro is for anxiety disorder. Funnily enough no depression the last 2 years ish. I have a lot of drive at the moment but anxiety and medication are restricting every aspect of my life. I want to do everything but right now between falling asleep in my breakfast and waking up at the start of a panic attack that will knock me for days. It's holding me back lot!!!

• Advertisement

ZenPit wrote: »
    I've been hearing more and more about this SSRE called Tianeptine. Wondering if anyone else is familiar with it, and using it for Anxiety and depression?
    Nver heard of it until now. I presume you have looked at the Wikipedia page?

[ I don't think lucy-s's post above is in reply to your question.]

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ZenPit

@Esel yea I didn't think Lucy-s was replying to me wasn't too sure so I held back.

Yea I checked out the wikipedia page and a few different places about it. So far nothing but good reading, and positive feedback about it. The wikipedia on it is kind of "slim", but a lot of the vendors seem to have more information regarding it available than the wikipedia. Smart Drugs for Thought has a good amount, with some PubMed study references that I am looking over right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

lucy_s wrote: »
    Inreality I defiantly noticed when I started taking them. The doctor told me I might feel a bit worse before i felt better. Well....... Worse was an understatement! If I could imagine what the cumdown from heroin was like I'd say if felt pretty similer!!! At the very start when i took lexapro about an hour later I'd get a rush that would leave me rocking back and forth for ages!! couldn't open my mouth to speak on occasion because the muscles would lock up. I'd have to change my pjs 3/4 times a night, I couldn't get out of bed (not good with 2 kids!) and sooooooo tired. 10 times worse than pregnancy! I missed my 30 birthday because I didn't want people near me !! And I had no energy! Any it settled after about 8 weeks. I still have the jaw thing but it's just restless if you know what I meen. And totally dopey and extremely sleepy (not like me at all!). I could fall asleep at the drop of a hat and a lot of the time I don't feel like I'm on the same planet as every one. Like I'm watching everyone get on with their daily buisness from a distance !!!!!

I took my last half dose 10 days ago after weening down. I'm weepy, very short tempered, dizzy to the point of falling over (twice) my tummys been "up set" constantly for 3 weeks now and I really don't blame my tummy but my appetite is fading away, and iv been having a buzzy feeling in my head that almost makes me def for a few seconds!!!

Doc thinks I might need to go back on it :/

Sorry for the long whiny post but I dont know anyone who has any experience with this sort of medication. It would be helpful to here other people's experiences.

Ps. Although I have suffered from depression in my teens/early 20's and pnd after I had my son. The lexapro is for anxiety disorder. Funnily enough no depression the last 2 years ish. I have a lot of drive at the moment but anxiety and medication are restricting every aspect of my life. I want to do everything but right now between falling asleep in my breakfast and waking up at the start of a panic attack that will knock me for days. It's holding me back lot!!!

**** that jaw thing was a nightmare

**** that jaw thing was a nightmare

It is! I have chipped teeth and I'm surprised I have any cheeks left with the amount iv bitten them!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

just took a rivotril. Can understand why people get hooked on heroin and drink. Damn it makes you feel better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

sorry you had such a bad time on it lucy_s. There are loads of meds now so I'd ask my doctors to try a few different ones. crazymeds.us has good info on drugs.

InReality wrote: »
    sorry you had such a bad time on it lucy_s. There are loads of meds now so I'd ask my doctors to try a few different ones. crazymeds.us has good info on drugs.

I think I'm gonna try the herbal route exercise and vitimens. I have a 17 month old and a 3 year old and the lexapro really affected me as mammy. Not being able to get up and falling asleep in the spot! I don't want then to have to deal with that because my own mam was the same. But tonight I will be having a nice bottle of wine kindly brought home for me by my oh! I know its bad but I'm excited because I know ill be asleep before 1am!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Stanhope

Have my last counseling session after 6 months (should have been less,but therapist was very kind) next week.Really worried about how I'm going to cope without having this person to talk to anymore.Took me long enough to trust and open up to them,and really not sure if I can go through all that again.Going to be a very tough few days trying to get my head straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 NightOwl88

Personal experience with lexicon(lexipro)is it has nasty withdrawals for mayb a week to ten days,but there not as bad as first week on them,like a very very long hangover without the good night/day/week beforehand..!? Found vitamin b12 and magnesium are a big help... Hope all you folks doin good on here,I'm not glad to no that other folks goin thru what I am,but it helps knowing I'm not a freak...sorry if I'm rambling,awake since Tuesday mornin @ 5.30!!! Wish I felt tired,but enjoying re reading Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy collection! Lotta love to all u folks...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Stanhope wrote: »
    Have my last counseling session after 6 months (should have been less,but therapist was very kind) next week.Really worried about how I'm going to cope without having this person to talk to anymore.Took me long enough to trust and open up to them,and really not sure if I can go through all that again.Going to be a very tough few days trying to get my head straight.

Glad you found this thread, i like to think we're pretty good for listening and supporting each other. I'm usually online a fair bit at night, with the coming week being no exception, so keep talking here.. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement