Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

That sounds to me like he was taking advantage of a young person. Whatever about the legality of it, do you think it had an affect on you?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Scrim, people can often bring things back to a particular event. This is your momentous happening, or so it sounds to me.. I would be bringing it up with my therapist if i was you. I read a theory which proposes you can stop emotionally developing because of something happening to you, and i'm currently exploring that for myself.. There's nothing to be guilty or ashamed about, that's what that guy should be feeling. If you can discuss this, you can put it in the past where it belongs.

I think I'm done.

I'm really not a good person. If I was a good person, people would want to be around me, I wouldn't be difficult to be with, I wouldn't have to worry about people liking me, I wouldn't have to care what people think. I'd feel like a good person. Right? I'm not generous, people don't think I'm great, I don't do good things for people. I expect people to care. But nobody does. I have one friend, though he barely makes contact with me. My boyfriend is done with me, checked out in almost every way. My family don't contact me. I have nothing to offer the world. Why am I still here? Because when you say these things to people, they make out like it would be an awful thing. What's awful about it. No more racing thoughts, no more worries, no more confusion, no more upset, no more making people hate me. No feelings of people not liking me. No feelings of being stupid, incapable, unworthy, ugly. I'm a burden on society and people if anything. Why would anyone care.

I feel stupid and needy for wanting people to care about me. If I could just stop. I'm a burden because I can't get over ****. I've really been doing my best. I have. But it all makes me feel so bad about myself. realising how many things I'm doing wrong. It's not good enough. I'm not good enough. As much as I try. I do try. I don't think many realise how hard a thing it is to do - to change almost your entire personality. And then to hear that you're a great person. It's patronising.

I've tried so hard, and I'm still a **** person. Still have nothing. So what's the point. I suppose the only reason I haven't gone through with anything yet is because I, somehow, have some sort of hope for something better. I feel stupid for not letting it sink in, nothing better is coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

Thanks folks..
    Gongoozler wrote: »
    That sounds to me like he was taking advantage of a young person. Whatever about the legality of it, do you think it had an affect on you?

See this is it, I'm so confused about it. I don't know if it did, or if it didn't but I'm blaming it on current issues I have.. I'm quite confused.
    Scrim, people can often bring things back to a particular event. This is your momentous happening, or so it sounds to me.. I would be bringing it up with my therapist if i was you. I read a theory which proposes you can stop emotionally developing because of something happening to you, and i'm currently exploring that for myself.. There's nothing to be guilty or ashamed about, that's what that guy should be feeling. If you can discuss this, you can put it in the past where it belongs.

I don't know how to go about bringing it up... I'm not convinced I'm yet comfortable enough with the therapist to mention it. I also don't know how to bring such a thing up... Such a mess :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

I think I'm done.

I'm really not a good person. If I was a good person, people would want to be around me, I wouldn't be difficult to be with, I wouldn't have to worry about people liking me, I wouldn't have to care what people think. I'd feel like a good person. Right? I'm not generous, people don't think I'm great, I don't do good things for people. I expect people to care. But nobody does. I have one friend, though he barely makes contact with me. My boyfriend is done with me, checked out in almost every way. My family don't contact me. I have nothing to offer the world. Why am I still here? Because when you say these things to people, they make out like it would be an awful thing. What's awful about it. No more racing thoughts, no more worries, no more confusion, no more upset, no more making people hate me. No feelings of people not liking me. No feelings of being stupid, incapable, unworthy, ugly. I'm a burden on society and people if anything. Why would anyone care.

I feel stupid and needy for wanting people to care about me. If I could just stop. I'm a burden because I can't get over ****. I've really been doing my best. I have. But it all makes me feel so bad about myself. realising how many things I'm doing wrong. It's not good enough. I'm not good enough. As much as I try. I do try. I don't think many realise how hard a thing it is to do - to change almost your entire personality. And then to hear that you're a great person. It's patronising.

I've tried so hard, and I'm still a **** person. Still have nothing. So what's the point. I suppose the only reason I haven't gone through with anything yet is because I, somehow, have some sort of hope for something better. I feel stupid for not letting it sink in, nothing better is coming.

hang in there. maybe go see the doctor

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Gong, would you think you maybe could go see an out of hours doc or go to nearest hospital?. Sounds like you've hit a very low point. Worried about you. Please take care of yourself.. What you are thinking now is transient, it will pass.. I know perhaps you won't believe me but it's true.. In all my darkest times I just cling on by my fingertips and try to wait it out.

Sorry

Sorry

No need to be sorry,we're all here for each other in this thread.. Letting it all out can be relief..

I mean I know there's nothing to say

Just remember there's a bunch of us here for you.

• Advertisement

So sorry to hear you're feeling so awful, Gong.

Try to remember that a bad person actually wouldn't care if they're a good or a bad person because they don't care enough about other people for that to worry them. The fact that you even contemplate it shows that you are a good person. Finding life and socializing difficult doesn't make you a bad person, it just means you're struggling.

You're not stupid and needy for wanting someone to care about you, that's a very normal, human desire (and I guess a normal human need!).

Please go see your Doctor (or go to A&E or somewhere). It sounds like you're in a very tough place and could do with some support from someone in real life.

Please hang on in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

Gong, would you think you maybe could go see an out of hours doc or go to nearest hospital?. Sounds like you've hit a very low point. Worried about you. Please take care of yourself.. What you are thinking now is transient, it will pass.. I know perhaps you won't believe me but it's true.. In all my darkest times I just cling on by my fingertips and try to wait it out.

When you are feeling down this statement is so true. Everything does pass and you will feel better. However when you in that down mood it can seem like the end of the world. I suppose it is our mind playing tricks on us. Making us think we can't get through this and this is the end for me.

But where there is hope there is life. I think all of us here are relatively young, we have so much of the rest of our lives ahead of us. We have time to achieve what we want in life. Yesterday it occurred to me how small my world is. I was upset about a friend ending a friendship (with good reason on his part I do admit). But then I thought about how I am getting hung up on what the small amount of people I have known throughout my life think of me. I suppose now I feel quite isolated from people my age due to social anxiety and few friends. However I feel quite positive about my future now after a tough few weeks. I always found it difficult to make friends. To think I can overcome this through CBT and make friends would genuinely change my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Weird mood last night and today. Hard to put my finger on it. Hope ye're all doing ok there.

Weird mood last night and today. Hard to put my finger on it. Hope ye're all doing ok there.

Hope it passes for you soon, Hugo. I sometimes find weird moods harder to deal with than being really down or really anxious.

Hope it passes for you soon, Hugo. I sometimes find weird moods harder to deal with than being really down or really anxious.

Thanks Scrim.

I hope things are on the up-and-up there for you.

Things a bit up on where they were, working very hard to keep that going. Thanks :)

Things a bit up on where they were, working very hard to keep that going. Thanks :)

Am glad to hear that Scrim! :)

Hi, just dropping in to say hi to all. Hope you're having a better time of it now as some of you were not too well.. Any of you want to talk I'm here or via pm if you'd prefer.. Be proud of your strength..

Recovery is always very slow.

Agreed, it does take time to get like this so I don't think I expected different but it's very frustrating at times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

feeling terrible down today.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,654 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

heyday30 wrote: »

Sorry to hear that heyday30.

Hope you get a good nights sleep and tomorrow is better.

heyday30 wrote: »

It seems that some people find Sunday in particular to be a hard day since it's kind of a nothing day. I hope it passes quickly for you Heyday..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

i'm off till Wednesday so i'm care free :) thought i'd of got a letter from the councellor by now though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

Done :(

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭alaskayoung

It takes ten times longer to put yourself back together than it does to fall apart.
    Small steps..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Yesterday was some day. All the self loathing i have really came to the surface, ended up me slapping myself across the face and shouting the most obscene hurtful things at myself. This sh1t really goes deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

mg1982 wrote: »
    Yesterday was some day. All the self loathing i have really came to the surface, ended up me slapping myself across the face and shouting the most obscene hurtful things at myself. This sh1t really goes deep.

Really sorry to hear that MG, I hope today goes a bit better for you :)

Really sorry to hear that MG, I hope today goes a bit better for you :)

Thanks mate and i hope the same for you.

• Advertisement

Kayleigh.. wrote: »
    Done :(

Hi kayleigh. Whats going on?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement