Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Been admitted to the psych ward. Going to be a fun paddy's day in here I'd say :/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Been admitted to the psych ward. Going to be a fun paddy's day in here I'd say :/

Hey it could be a safe place. How are you doing so far? I'm working again so online for the night if you want to chat..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

At least you have an internet connection :-P

Hey it could be a safe place. How are you doing so far? I'm working again so online for the night if you want to chat..

Thanks Grem. My phone battery is about to go so won't be online after this really (we're not allowed charges on the ward cause of wires. So it's charged in nurse's office. It's annoying).

I'm okay. Really anxious tbh. I just want to be at home but I know I'm safer here. And I want to get better so hopefully this will help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

It could be for the best EI. Mind yourself friend! x

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Well you'll be in my thoughts tonight so.. Hope you find some ease..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

hello everyone :) anyone else think all this paddys day stuff is a load of s##t? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Best wishes euphoria.
    Avail of the help that's there x

carzony wrote: »
    hello everyone :) anyone else think all this paddys day stuff is a load of s##t? :)

I'll be home after work and not budging. Listening to enda our lord and idiot telling us it's not all about the beer.. What bs!. Grateful I finish early enough to escape all of it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

Thanks Grem. My phone battery is about to go so won't be online after this really (we're not allowed charges on the ward cause of wires. So it's charged in nurse's office. It's annoying).

I'm okay. Really anxious tbh. I just want to be at home but I know I'm safer here. And I want to get better so hopefully this will help.

Wanting to get better is one of the most important steps towards achieving it. If you feel safer there then it's for the best. I hope it works out well for you.

Paddy's day is always a non event for me. Even when I used go out and drink and be socialable I avoided it on paddy's day. I dislike being around extremely drunk people. And I dislike big crowds as they make me anxious.

My plan for tomorrow is to try and relax. I have a dvd and am going to make some sweet treats. Hopefully it will be a good day. Anybody have any plans?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

greenfrogs wrote: »
    Wanting to get better is one of the most important steps towards achieving it. If you feel safer there then it's for the best. I hope it works out well for you.

Paddy's day is always a non event for me. Even when I used go out and drink and be socialable I avoided it on paddy's day. I dislike being around extremely drunk people. And I dislike big crowds as they make me anxious.

My plan for tomorrow is to try and relax. I have a dvd and am going to make some sweet treats. Hopefully it will be a good day. Anybody have any plans?

I'm the very same as your second paragraph there GF.

Tomorrow will be a quiet day for me too.

I think going out on paddy's day is a recipe for disaster especially in temple bar ect.. Fair play to the people who do it though, I'd wanna get out of there as quick as possible.. imagine surrounded by loud mouth drunks most of the day.. jaysus no thank you...

Crowds are bad. Drunk crowds are terrible.. if anyone wants me tomorrow I'll be in my ivory tower.

On a relevant note I'v already went through 2 boxes of the lexapro. I was shocked to see i've had that many already :) only seems like i'm on them a week

I've had to go back to using my pill dispenser thing because I've been irregular about my meds and even forgetting them lately..

I've had to go back to using my pill dispenser thing because I've been irregular about my meds and even forgetting them lately..

I take a pill first thing every morning so i've never managed to forget..

How is the medication going for you so far?
    My schedule is a bit messed up so it's safer go back to the dispenser I think.

How is the medication going for you so far?
    My schedule is a bit messed up so it's safer go back to the dispenser I think.

I've had no side effects atall. I was worried about the gaining weight but i've actually lost weight while on them.

They've made life a lot easier and even though I still have difficulties i'm convinced things would be a lot worse without them.

I'd say I would have had lots more panic attacks if i wasnt on these pills. They are not a miracle cure and i've had a few attacks since but not as bad as I used to.

I had real difficulties breathing today but to be honest i'm not sure i'd want to be taken off the pills anytime soon..

Medication can be a great aid. I know that I'd be suffering a lot more without. Glad to hear you're not getting much in the way of side effects, a bad dose seems to set some people back a lot.

Medication can be a great aid. I know that I'd be suffering a lot more without. Glad to hear you're not getting much in the way of side effects, a bad dose seems to set some people back a lot.

Am i right in saying it'll never cure you though?

• Advertisement

Medication alone prob won't cure some cases, for instance it's forming part of my therapy along with dbt which is kind of like learning how to retrain your responses to things that would have triggered you before..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 huntermoody

Medication alone prob won't cure some cases, for instance it's forming part of my therapy along with dbt which is kind of like learning how to retrain your responses to things that would have triggered you before..

I agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 huntermoody

In my thoughts and prayers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Sorry to hear that euphoria but hopefully you will get some benifit from it. Any particular reason for going in or was it stress build up over a period of time?

Thanks everyone for your kind wishes. It means a lot.

Hope you're all doing okay today.

Hey there EI, hope the night went ok for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭alaskayoung

Maybe I'll run into you :P I hope you're okay. Talk to the nurses & staff as much as you can, it really helps. It's not easy but you'll come out a stronger person because of it. Best of luck :)

Hey all, hope today wasn't too hard on anyone, expectations from others and putting pressure on yourself can make days like today very difficult so i'm hoping everyone is unscathed so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Hey all, hope today wasn't too hard on anyone, expectations from others and putting pressure on yourself can make days like today very difficult so i'm hoping everyone is unscathed so far.

Hi grem, hope your well too, i slept most of the day as was on night duty last night. Parades and crowds of people arent my thing anyway.

• Advertisement

I was on last night also, not long up.. Spotted a link to a cam in temple bar there, looks like my sort of nightmare!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement