Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

I'm bankrupt, basically. More on the credit card than I have in my bank account and in cash. Very uncomfortable position to be in. Don't know what to do. I feel like I really need to go back to my doctor tomorrow but then I'm even worse off. Will have to borrow from my parents. Really awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

heyday30 wrote: »
    I know how you feel gf. Been ill for a while now. Hard to stay positive when your physically and mentally drained.

You poor thing. Have you been to your doctor? It's definitely makes everyday life suck.

I am physically and mentally drained. I was crying earlier due to frustration and pain. But it shows that I'm getting my energy back at least. I'm just hoping I feel better tomorrow. I'm totally focused on my exam on Saturday but at least thats a distraction so that my mind isn't wandering to bad places. If I feel better by tomorrow than I'll have plenty of time to study. Fingers crossed.

Thanks to the others for yer posts. They were really nice and thoughtful.

For the first time in a long time I wish i was in a relationship. I'd love someone to sing me soft kitty, warm kitty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Kayleigh.. wrote: »
    Feel crazy :confused:

Sorry to Hear kayleigh. What's been going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

greenfrogs wrote: »
    You poor thing. Have you been to your doctor? It's definitely makes everyday life suck.

I am physically and mentally drained. I was crying earlier due to frustration and pain. But it shows that I'm getting my energy back at least. I'm just hoping I feel better tomorrow. I'm totally focused on my exam on Saturday but at least thats a distraction so that my mind isn't wandering to bad places. If I feel better by tomorrow than I'll have plenty of time to study. Fingers crossed.

Thanks to the others for yer posts. They were really nice and thoughtful.

For the first time in a long time I wish i was in a relationship. I'd love someone to sing me soft kitty, warm kitty.

Yeah gf been to doc twice. Hope everything settles this week. Few decent sleeps would make the world of difference.

I'm just hugging the crap out a my dogs the last few days. Poor little things lol

Yeah gf been to doc twice. Hope everything settles this week. Few decent sleeps would make the world of difference.

I'm just hugging the crap out a my dogs the last few days. Poor little things lol

A good night's sleep can make such a difference. Here's hoping it comes soon for you.

Aww that's so cute. I wish I could hug my dog but I'm scared he'll kick me in the stomach. And that will not end well. Dogs are such loving animals. I genuinely think that having my dog has made a difference to my life. I'd be a lot worse without him.

• Advertisement

A good night's sleep can make such a difference. Here's hoping it comes soon for you.

Aww that's so cute. I wish I could hug my dog but I'm scared he'll kick me in the stomach. And that will not end well. Dogs are such loving animals. I genuinely think that having my dog has made a difference to my life. I'd be a lot worse without him.

Same as prob sounds sad but my dogs give me reason to get up every day. I love them only company I have most times.

Trying to get to the doctor today. Giving college a miss again. Still can't breathe properly and got less than 4 hours sleep last night. So difficult to get going though.

Made it down. Few challenges. Friends texted to see if I was okay. Now on a whole cocktail of stuff... Still on the 20mg Lexapro, Xanax 3 times a day (with a warning about them being as addictive as heroin but that we should be able to get you off them down the road...) and Zileze sleeping tablets. Wow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Made it down. Few challenges. Friends texted to see if I was okay. Now on a whole cocktail of stuff... Still on the 20mg Lexapro, Xanax 3 times a day (with a warning about them being as addictive as heroin but that we should be able to get you off them down the road...) and Zileze sleeping tablets. Wow.

Scrim, how long have you been on the lexapro?
    Yeah xanax is a benzo and can be highly addictive, i was on them for a few months but off them now.

10 weeks on Lexapro now, started out on 10mg and went up to 20 a couple of weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

10 weeks on Lexapro now, started out on 10mg and went up to 20 a couple of weeks ago

Have you noticed any improvement from them? I was on them for nearly 6 months and no improvement at all. Went to mental health services in the hospital and they changed my meds and I have been a totally different person since.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

The Xanax prescriptions put into perspective how mild my anxiety must be compared to others. I'm lucky to get 14x 0.25mg every 2 months, and got a small lecture on how the doctor has to fill out forms justifying prescribing them to explain his slight reticence when I had a bad month and went through the 14 in 'only' a month. Does he think I am a drug seeker or something. That'll teach me to mention 6 months of mild ecstasy use on Saturday nights in 19 bloody 96!!

Very little improvement on the Lexapro tbh, there was a bit when the dose went up for a couple of days but then got worse than before. Hopefully this mixture gives some improvement.

Calibos, tbh it's all relative. No point trying to compare your subjective anxiety problems with someone else's. What's tolerable for you could be intolerable for me. The college doc almost wanted me to sell my soul for 10 of them a couple of years ago. This doc has known me all my life though so I think reckoned I wasn't going to go OTT on them.

Very little improvement on the Lexapro tbh, there was a bit when the dose went up for a couple of days but then got worse than before. Hopefully this mixture gives some improvement.

Calibos, tbh it's all relative. No point trying to compare your subjective anxiety problems with someone else's. What's tolerable for you could be intolerable for me. The college doc almost wanted me to sell my soul for 10 of them a couple of years ago. This doc has known me all my life though so I think reckoned I wasn't going to go OTT on them.

Well scrim if there is no improvement I would ask to change your anti-d, GP's tend to use lexipro only and it works for some but not others. Hopefully you start feeling better soon.

Reading the side effects of the sleeping pill and wondering what in the name of god have I been given..?? Addictiev, carcinogenic, severe withdrawal effects, hallucinations. And no patient safety info leaflet in the box.

Reading the side effects of the sleeping pill and wondering what in the name of god have I been given..?? Addictiev, carcinogenic, severe withdrawal effects, hallucinations. And no patient safety info leaflet in the box.

Thats only possible side effects, dont worry about it. I was on them but I still couldnt sleep on them for some reason.

Reading the side effects list of a lot of these psychiatric meds would put you off ever taking them. The good news is there's a low risk of getting Most them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 spudger1

I know this is unrelated to depression.....

Doesn't help tho. Hope you shake the last of it soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 spudger1

I wouldn't mind finding that out too Spudger.

Apart from going to work and Tesco, I'm basically a recluse. I've has bouts of proper reclusiveness in the past that was treated with medication and patience - this got me to where I am now, the "best" I've ever been in this regard. It's the final social hurdle that can't face up to. The world seems like a vast horde that I just can't face alone.

Even Tesco is kinda scary.....If i have to go, it will be at a time when i know it isn't busy.

spudger1 wrote: »
    Kinda general question, but please humour me:

For those of you who became reclusive/shut ins, but took action, what did you do?

I've become very isolated in the last while... some people are twisting my arm to 'get out', but i don't even know where to start.

I wouldn't say I am reclusive as I do go and about at times. However I really struggle in social situations. I find it difficult to be comfortable and am really self conscious. I am trying get to overcome this with my therapist. I feel I am slowly getting better but it will probably take a while to fully recover from social anxiety. For me it's a combination of meds and therapy. I also really want to overcome this. So determination probably plays a big part too. However I know I definitely couldn't do it on my own. My therapist is really good. Don't be hard on yourself because I have been in your position.

• Advertisement

Even Tesco is kinda scary.....If i have to go, it will be at a time when i know it isn't busy.

I will go to supermarkets but usually I will aim to go there at a quiet time. If I go anywhere and it's busy then I get quite anxious, agitated very self conscious and just want to go home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I hear ya. I try to avoid going out and about near busy times. Traffic, both pedestrian and vehicle, tends to stress me out easily.

In a weird mood this afternoon. Hard even to explain it. I seem feel a bit empty, if that makes any sense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

i tend to go at quiet times as well. i get frustrated when there are too many folks around

mg1982 wrote: »
    Reading the side effects list of a lot of these psychiatric meds would put you off ever taking them. The good news is there's a low risk of getting Most them.

theres no golden bullet. im on zyprexa and this increases the chance of diabetes or heart disease i think. i still need it though cause i get hyper without it

Roquentin wrote: »
    theres no golden bullet. im on zyprexa and this increases the chance of diabetes or heart disease i think. i still need it though cause i get hyper without it

There's a lot of side effects with zyprexa. I'm on it too 5mg, was on 10mg at one stage but all I wanted to do was sleep. It's a heavy drug.

There's a lot of side effects with zyprexa. I'm on it too 5mg, was on 10mg at one stage but all I wanted to do was sleep. It's a heavy drug.

eli lily had a lot of litigation against them i heard

Roquentin wrote: »
    eli lily had a lot of litigation against them i heard

I heard that. It's one of the worst meds for weight gain out there.

Sometimes I just need a Fcuking break.
    My head is all over the place today I don't know what I feel. I wish there was a restart button for my brain ( and my life).

Sometimes I just need a Fcuking break.
    My head is all over the place today I don't know what I feel. I wish there was a restart button for my brain ( and my life).

Sorry to hear that heyday, is it just mood swings or not able to concentrate on anything.

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that heyday, is it just mood swings or not able to concentrate on anything.

A lot of things mg. I suppose mood swings ta and over thinking. Everything is muddled going around in my head.
    Going to write it all down in a while and try prioritise.
    starting to come down of the steroids ( tapering down)
    I have a tranquilliser. Might take it.
    Very anxious

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement