Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

GeneralC wrote: »
    Hi Hugo, everything is ok. I was in a shopping centre today,having a panic attack, as you do, and I spotted my psychologist. I literally ran by him hoping he didn't spot me in my moment of madness!

I know how you feel man. Many a time I had either a panic attack or nearly broken out in homicidal rage in a crowded shop. Aaaggghhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭alaskayoung

Today is a winding road that's taking me to places that I didn't want to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

What's on your mind there my friend?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Sometimes we have to face those paths my friend but believe in the strength you have to get better, listen to some music and take your mind off of it if you have to but just remember that you will end up on the right path.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

found this interesting quote by the unabomber:

“Imagine a society that subjects people to conditions that make them terribly unhappy then gives them the drugs to take away their unhappiness. Science fiction It is already happening to some extent in our own society. Instead of removing the conditions that make people depressed modern society gives them antidepressant drugs. In effect antidepressants are a means of modifying an individual's internal state in such a way as to enable him to tolerate social conditions that he would otherwise find intolerable.”

― Theodore Kaczynski

• Advertisement

Ted Kaczynski sure was an interesting fellow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

I'm exhausted. Considering whether I should go back to pieta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

Sorry to hear that you had a panic attack while out and about. How are you feeling there now?

Extremely tired and very anxious today. I got a poor nights sleep last night, which is the cause of my anxiety levels being so high today. How are you today?

Side note: Is there anyone out there who notices that they crave food when they're extremely anxious? Also, anyone else battle with sleep?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

Gongoozler wrote: »

I think it sounds like a good idea.

On a positive note, I decided to follow a career I wanted to do for some time. I sat the exam (aptitude test) last month for entry this Sept. Fingers crossed I get in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

Side note: Is there anyone out there who notices that they crave food when they're extremely anxious? Also, anyone else battle with sleep?

yeah, on sleeping tablets at the moment though so that's fixing that. Incredibly hungry today but not as anxious as normal.

yeah, on sleeping tablets at the moment though so that's fixing that. Incredibly hungry today but not as anxious as normal.

Do you find yourself nervous/comfort eating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

Yes I definitely crave foods when I'm down or anxious. Even if I'm full I will stuff my face with food.

It might be a good idea GG. How does one get in touch with them?
    On a positive note, I decided to follow a career I wanted to do for some time. I sat the exam (aptitude test) last month for entry this Sept. Fingers crossed I get in.

Fingers crossed the results of the aptitude test will be good and that you'll get in. :)

I'm sleeping a lot more lately. Still craving carbs like crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

There's phone numbers up on their website.

I don't know though. I really don't have the time. I don't know what to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Go for it gong. I've heard nothing but great things about pieta.

Services like that in the South East would have been fantastic when all my sh't started years ago!

Roquentin wrote: »
    found this interesting quote by the unabomber:

“Imagine a society that subjects people to conditions that make them terribly unhappy then gives them the drugs to take away their unhappiness. Science fiction It is already happening to some extent in our own society. Instead of removing the conditions that make people depressed modern society gives them antidepressant drugs. In effect antidepressants are a means of modifying an individual's internal state in such a way as to enable him to tolerate social conditions that he would otherwise find intolerable.”

― Theodore Kaczynski

Good quote Ro. Lot of wisdom in that. Ever think of studying Philosophy. I think it would suit you a lot. Often thought of looking into it myself.

It might be a good idea GG. How does one get in touch with them?

Fingers crossed the results of the aptitude test will be good and that you'll get in. :)

I'm sleeping a lot more lately. Still craving carbs like crazy.

Thank you. The exam was 8hrs in total, the first 1-2 hours I was extremely anxious.

That's great to hear you're sleeping more. It's funny how we crave carbs so badly as anxious people?

Thank you. The exam was 8hrs in total, the first 1-2 hours I was extremely anxious.

That's great to hear you're sleeping more. It's funny how we crave carbs so badly as anxious people?

8 hours?! Jesus! Fair play for sticking with it!

My sleep was all over the place. I was going into work with only 4 hours sleep and then sleeping for 12 or 13 hours on the weekend nights. Had to start getting some decent sleep for work. Still sleeping a lot on the weekends though but that's ok.

There's phone numbers up on their website.

I don't know though. I really don't have the time. I don't know what to do

If feel you need to go, then go, don't think too much about it.

• Advertisement

8 hours?! Jesus! Fair play for sticking with it!

My sleep was all over the place. I was going into work with only 4 hours sleep and then sleeping for 12 or 13 hours on the weekend nights. Had to start getting some decent sleep for work. Still sleeping a lot on the weekends though but that's ok.

Yes, 8 hours in total, with a lunch in between- results out next month.

How is work? are you finding it a challenge? I would love to be able to get 12/13 hours sleep.

Yes, 8 hours in total, with a lunch in between- results out next month.

How is work? are you finding it a challenge? I would love to be able to get 12/13 hours sleep.

I hope the results go your way. :)

Work is alright thanks. Yeah it can be challenging enough at times. Hard to know if I'd be cut out for it in the long term but will try my best at it.

I hope the results go your way. :)

Work is alright thanks. Yeah it can be challenging enough at times. Hard to know if I'd be cut out for it in the long term but will try my best at it.

Mind me asking Hugo, what do you work at and do you find it stressful. I find with my job i can only do it part time. I just find it massively stressful and draining to be around people for too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Trying to improve my diet starting tomorrow. There is no more junk in the house. ( ate the last today)

Fresh fruit veg and meats from tomorrow. Here's hoping

heyday30 wrote: »
    Trying to improve my diet starting tomorrow. There is no more junk in the house. ( ate the last today)

Fair play. Sugar can really provoke anxiety

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm going to be away for two weeks and doubt I'll be online much.. Mind yourselves, I'm proud to call you friends and I want you all to be here when I get back..

Grem..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

Back in college. Skipping two days did no good. Way behind and very panicked. Xanax making it just about tolerable but really want to go home. Last week though soreally have to stay because exam techniques and hints will be given out. Very little information is actually getting through the internal circular worry dialogue. Meh.

mg1982 wrote: »
    Good quote Ro. Lot of wisdom in that. Ever think of studying Philosophy. I think it would suit you a lot. Often thought of looking into it myself.

i do a lot of reading in my spare time. :)

god 8 hours seems very long. that would drain you

• Advertisement

heyday30 wrote: »

Best of luck with that heyday. Eating well can make a big difference to our mental health.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement