Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Im alright thanks hugo thanks for asking. had an ok day, not very productive. Hows yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

mg1982 wrote: »
    Im alright thanks hugo thanks for asking. had an ok day, not very productive. Hows yourself?

I'm alright here, thanks MG.

Busy enough in work today, am kinda tired now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Emmaengineer

Hey, I hope it's ok to post this but this is a link to my blog I've written recently. I've been struggling with anxiety and depression most of my life due to some difficult things I've faced and recently had someone I cared about turn very nastily against me because they do not understand mental health issues so I've decided to speak out. I'm hoping to get it shared and spread as much as possible in the hope it will help others. I hope you're all doing as well as can be and having a great week.
    emmaengineer.wordpress.com

Hey, I hope it's ok to post this but this is a link to my blog I've written recently. I've been struggling with anxiety and depression most of my life due to some difficult things I've faced and recently had someone I cared about turn very nastily against me because they do not understand mental health issues so I've decided to speak out. I'm hoping to get it shared and spread as much as possible in the hope it will help others. I hope you're all doing as well as can be and having a great week.
    emmaengineer.wordpress.com

Hi Emma. Your welcome to come on here and post how your feeling anytime. It sounds like you had a tough time and especially with your friend turning against you. That was awful. Will defo check out your blog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Got discharged from the day hospital today :) Been going there since January so I'm happy to done with it. I did find it useful, so if your psych recommends going there for a while I'd go for it.

I had to get a letter from her for college and it was kind of funny hearing all my diagnoses being read out when she was dictating the letter. So many, and that's not including physical issues.

Hope yous are all having a good day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

Got discharged from the day hospital today :) Been going there since January so I'm happy to done with it. I did find it useful, so if your psych recommends going there for a while I'd go for it.

I had to get a letter from her for college and it was kind of funny hearing all my diagnoses being read out when she was dictating the letter. So many, and that's not including physical issues.

Hope yous are all having a good day.

Which hospital was this? Hope you're feeling better :)

Tempted to go to my GP. I've been having bad aches, fatigue and overall feelings of malaise, accompanied with the carb/food cravings (non-stop). Should I hold back or pop down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

GeneralC wrote: »
    Tempted to go to my GP. I've been having bad aches, fatigue and overall feelings of malaise, accompanied with the carb/food cravings (non-stop). Should I hold back or pop down?

If you think you need to go then you should go. If I was you I would go. Very hard to feel ok if you arent feeling well physically.

greenfrogs wrote: »
    If you think you need to go then you should go. If I was you I would go. Very hard to feel ok if you arent feeling well physically.

I feel reluctant to go down as he already thinks I am bit of a 'nut'. It genuinely could be from poor sleep/anxiety and having nothing to do.

I feel reluctant to go down as he already thinks I am bit of a 'nut'. It genuinely could be from poor sleep/anxiety and having nothing to do.

It may be that you think that he thinks you are a 'nut' but we can't guess what other people think. I also highly doubt he thinks that. Sometimes our minds make us think that other people view us in a negative light.

It could be down to poor sleep but then why aren't you sleeping well. If you have been feeling like this for a few days then I think you should go.

• Advertisement

It may be that you think that he thinks you are a 'nut' but we can't guess what other people think. I also highly doubt he thinks that. Sometimes our minds make us think that other people view us in a negative light.

It could be down to poor sleep but then why aren't you sleeping well. If you have been feeling like this for a few days then I think you should go.

I've been down to him twice this year already regarding anxiety/related illness. I'll chill for the day and see how I feel in the morning!

Thanks for your advice

I've been to my GP more than that this year. But usually it involved getting a prescription or bloods taken. I can be quite nervous about going if I don't actually need a prescription. It can feel like you are wasting the doctors time. Silly I know but I can understand why you are reluctant to go. Like you said see how you feel tomorrow.

Enjoy the sun and I hope you feel better soon.

I've been to my GP more than that this year. But usually it involved getting a prescription or bloods taken. I can be quite nervous about going if I don't actually need a prescription. It can feel like you are wasting the doctors time. Silly I know but I can understand why you are reluctant to go. Like you said see how you feel tomorrow.

Enjoy the sun and I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you. How are you today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Which hospital was this? Hope you're feeling better :)
    It's a day hospital staffed by nurses from the local community mental health team. There is usually one or two in every area.

I am feeling a bit better, although I've been really impulsive lately and spent loads of money that I don't have >.< I'm going to be starting DBT in a few months, so looking forward to seeing how that goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

its really tiring fighting with sadness and despair all the time..
    i feel how it wants just to knock me down to ground constantly, ad im trying so hard not to lay...

Thank you. How are you today?

I'm alright. Feel a bit overwhelmed in some ways. Not in a bad way but just recognising some shortcomings.

Joya wrote: »
    its really tiring fighting with sadness and despair all the time..
    i feel how it wants just to knock me down to ground constantly, ad im trying so hard not to lay...

You poor thing. Depression robs you of your energy. It makes me want to sleep and never get up. Well done on fighting it so far. Have you seen your doctor about how you are feeling.

You poor thing. Depression robs you of your energy. It makes me want to sleep and never get up. Well done on fighting it so far. Have you seen your doctor about how you are feeling.
    aw yes, im on anti depressants for olmost 2 year now, did the therapy and all but.. its just ups and downs over and over again..
    havent had suicidal thoughts for a while though but lately they came back.. not that i would be doing it but yea just like, finding some relaxation in those thoughts, if you know what i mean...

aw yes, im on anti depressants for olmost 2 year now, did the therapy and all but.. its just ups and downs over and over again..
    havent had suicidal thoughts for a while though but lately they came back.. not that i would be doing it but yea just like, finding some relaxation in those thoughts, if you know what i mean...

Is there anything that happened recently that made the suicidal thoughts come back? I understand the finding relaxation through this thoughts but its not ideal. Life seems to be full of ups and downs. Hopefully the good times outnumber the bad times. That is what I aim for.

Is there anything that happened recently that made the suicidal thoughts come back? I understand the finding relaxation through this thoughts but its not ideal. Life seems to be full of ups and downs. Hopefully the good times outnumber the bad times. That is what I aim for.
    aww my story s a long story. but yea few days ago i dreamt of someone i loved and lost two years ago so it brought back to life the memories.... not sure if only that was the trigger but..

• Advertisement

aww my story s a long story. but yea few days ago i dreamt of someone i loved and lost two years ago so it brought back to life the memories.... not sure if only that was the trigger but..

Do you mean that you are no longer in a relationship with them or that they have passed away?

Do you mean that you are no longer in a relationship with them or that they have passed away?
    i broke up w him 2 yrs ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Lumps Bumps n Blues

Hi folks, sorry for barging in, I hope it's ok if I start posting here too, I just need to vent and I hope this might be a good place for that...

If I look back, I think I've been depressed since I was a child, although I was only diagnosed in my late twenties. I also have thyroid problems, so it feels like a 'chicken and egg' situation, I can't figure out any more which of the two is the cause and which is the effect, is it my sh|tty life that brought me to this point, or is that made worse by my stupid hormones?... I got counselling for a couple of years until my counsellor moved away, I've also gone to support groups in the past. I found both very helpful, but only up to a point - I got to a stage when I was exhausted by all the digging, which was only making me bury myself deeper.

Most days I can manage ok enough, it's as if I didn't feel anything, good or bad, it's all a blank greyness, it's bad enough but at least this lets me function somehow, and it's better than how it was when I was younger. But there are other days, like today, when I feel I'm on the verge of going insane, it's as if my brain was about to explode because it cannot contain or manage all the thoughts that fly about in there, like a swarm of wasps. I feel it gets worse when I get angry at something, like in today's case a fight with my father, who is one of the most selfish, most irresponsible, less caring people I know. I know I cannot change how he is, but I want him to learn that he cannot treat me this way, I just wish for things to stop. Rows may start for something that can seem trivial from the outside, but if those things are the last things you're clinging onto to keep your sanity, then you can probably understand why I fight tooth and nail to protect them. The trouble is that after all the anger comes the tsunami of sadness, the feelings of helplessness and despair, and that regardless of what I do nothing will ever change. And it's a vicious circle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

20121220-235227.jpg

Sorry to hear of your troubles there Joya :(

I have had a nice few days. Probably as good as i have had in months(must be the weather). But i can feel my mood beginning to dip back now. Its so frustrating sometimes, there is no stability with this is there.

mg1982 wrote: »
    I have had a nice few days. Probably as good as i have had in months(must be the weather). But i can feel my mood beginning to dip back now. Its so frustrating sometimes, there is no stability with this is there.

Sorry to hear that MG. *bro-hugs*

Today was a bit of a weird one. Felt terribly anxious before work, no idea why. Work was alright but a bit of a funk descended on me in there. Starting to get fed of my fluctuating mood and nerves.

i broke up w him 2 yrs ago..

I remember when I broke up with a long term boyfriend I was devastated. Even though I had broken up with him it was still tough. It took me a few years to get over. It was a very intense relationship. Remember the reasons why you broke up with him if you are missing him.

Sorry to hear that MG. *bro-hugs*

Today was a bit of a weird one. Felt terribly anxious before work, no idea why. Work was alright but a bit of a funk descended on me in there. Starting to get fed of my fluctuating mood and nerves.

I get work anxiety a lot too hugo. I think about every little thing that can go wrong while im there which means im on the verge of a panic attack before i go into work. Catastrophic thinking is what its called.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

I like this a lot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement