Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Well my issue is that I decided to come off zispin due to putting on 3 stone in 2 years. I came off them Wednesday but was anxious the day before and it has lasted since then. So it's not actually withdrawal symptoms its the thoughts around it. Doc gave me a prescription for Valium twice a day so started them today and listening to mindfulness meditation so the anxiety should lessen in next few days. I'm on cymbalta and seroquel too. I have generalised anxiety disorder. Just going with the flow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Hope things improve there soon ladies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

Hope things improve there soon ladies.
    thanks hugo
    thing about this that in that dream i havent even dreamed of the ex.. it was another person entirely..
    strange isnt it..

Joya wrote: »
    thanks hugo
    thing about this that in that dream i havent even dreamed of the ex.. it was another person entirely..
    strange isnt it..

Dreams can be incredibly powerful sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Dreams can be incredibly powerful sometimes.

Especially when there bad dreams. They can be on your mind for a while after. But they say it's the subconscious mind trying to tell you something.

• Advertisement

mg1982 wrote: »
    Especially when there bad dreams. They can be on your mind for a while after. But they say it's the subconscious mind trying to tell you something.
    as a matter of fact this dream was actually nice one, with love in it..
    with a "guy from this forum" lol - of course it is just some reflection not real
    but in a dream it was real, and it was really nice.

so idk, perhaps it reminded me of my happy days w my ex bf, who was also really f**ked up, but there was such a beauty in all of that despite all the hell..
    anyway i had tough time fighting contacting him cause there is no sense in me contacting him..
    so perhaps that is the feeling of being caught up in a space with no doors..
    nothing really that can be done and i just have to stand it
    while it lasts and does not just let me breath..
    im sorry im writing here about it but i somehow have to..

thing is i still love him with all my heart,
    and that does not matter at all...

also some other man want to come closer to me lately so it triggers it also.. like panic attacks ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Just wanted to pop on And say I hope everyone is bearing up ok.

Im 5 days now using the nutri bullet fruit n veg shakes. I cannot believe the difference. Haven't weighed myself cause I don't and won't own a scales I hate them.
    But I've definitely noticed more energy. My skin and eyes are bright for the first time in like Forever!

Had chocolate twice I won't lie but 1 bar instead of a multi pack.

It takes a little bit getting used to taste wise but drinking it through straws helps.

hi heyday, glad to hear you have a good time :)...

btw i am taking 60 mg of ciprager for the last month or more, i know the max is 40 but 40 is just doing nothing for me.
    so i found on some medical site that in the usa they are prescribing dose of 60 to a long term users and i tried and it made a difference.. my gp does not know about it though as i asked her and she said no she can only prescribe me 40
    looking forward to finishing this school in 4 weeks and having some less or stress free time and that to try to get off of this..
    but for now i dont think id be able to function without meds at all..

however im aware that sooner or later i will have to deal with the bottom....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

heyday30 wrote: »

Im 5 days now using the nutri bullet fruit n veg shakes. I cannot believe the difference. Haven't weighed myself cause I don't and won't own a scales I hate them.
    But I've definitely noticed more energy. My skin and eyes are bright for the first time in like Forever!

It takes a little bit getting used to taste wise but drinking it through straws helps.

Well done. It's great that you have more energy. Well done on having only 1 bar instead of a multi pack. It is a hard habit to break but once you see the benefits of not binge eating it is an eye opener.

Your right dreams can feel very real and I find if I have a disturbing one it can stay with me for days. From what you say you still feel very strongly for the guy so there might be a bit of conflict going on inside you on whether to move on from him.

• Advertisement

greenfrogs wrote: »
    Well done. It's great that you have more energy. Well done on having only 1 bar instead of a multi pack. It is a hard habit to break but once you see the benefits of not binge eating it is an eye opener.

Thanks gf. The urge to binge is still here from time to time I'm just more aware of what I'm eating if that makes sense.

And thanks joya too.

That's brill heyday so happy for you. Mind and body are very much the same so what you put into your body makes such a difference. Where did you get the nutri bullets? Pharmacy?

Thanks gf. The urge to binge is still here from time to time I'm just more aware of what I'm eating if that makes sense.

And thanks joya too.
    youre welcome, i do suffer from binge eating lso, havent done it in a while but last night yea, and i just let it.. didnt even fight with urge..
    have you ever been to OA meetings?

That's brill heyday so happy for you. Mind and body are very much the same so what you put into your body makes such a difference. Where did you get the nutri bullets? Pharmacy?

Argos mg. look up different recipes online x

youre welcome, i do suffer from binge eating lso, havent done it in a while but last night yea, and i just let it.. didnt even fight with urge..
    have you ever been to OA meetings?

No joya never been to those meetings. I might look into them see are there any in my area.

I good blood test results back recently. I'm borderline diabetic, cholesterol 7.8 and blood pressure not great. I got the shock n fright I think I needed.

I don't want to be on a cocktail of tablets for the body aswel as the head.

No joya never been to those meetings. I might look into them see are there any in my area.

I good blood test results back recently. I'm borderline diabetic, cholesterol 7.8 and blood pressure not great. I got the shock n fright I think I needed.

those are really good, helped me lots..

edit. heres the link http://www.overeatersanonymous.ie/meeting-lists/4561659616

btw my cholesterol is high as well and i did all kinds of tests and doctors had no clue as what is causing it....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

diabetes is a serious disease. very serious.

That's tough news to hear. But these can all be treated through diet (I think). When your health is at risk I think you will find it much easier to find the motivation to eat healthy. You will do this.

Roquentin wrote: »
    diabetes is a serious disease. very serious.

I know ro. A sister has it. It's something I really don't want.

those are really good, helped me lots..

edit. heres the link http://www.overeatersanonymous.ie/meeting-lists/4561659616

btw my cholesterol is high as well and i did all kinds of tests and doctors had no clue as what is causing it....

My gp was as shocked as me tbh re the cholesterol. Crazy high for anyone let alone someone in their 30's.

greenfrogs wrote: »
    That's tough news to hear. But these can all be treated through diet (I think). When your health is at risk I think you will find it much easier to find the motivation to eat healthy. You will do this.

Ya the changes will deffo help reduce the diabetes risk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Yeah Im pre-diabetic too (have PCOS to thank for that). I have tablets to take for the PCOS which will help with that, but I never take them. I really need to start though, diabetes is scary. It has effects on so much of your body. My cholesterol is actually fine, which I was a bit shocked about.

I had a really nice day today. Met up with a few friends in town. It did me good to get out of the house. Was feeling **** this morning, so I really had to force myself to go, but it paid off :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

a friend of my dads had diabetes and got a scratch on his leg and had to have the foot removed because of gangrene. its a very complicated disease and one to avoid.

My old man has diabetes but it's the less dangerous type thankfully.

My mother has type 2 which is caused by diet and lifestyle. She's on meds for it. Type 1 is more severe.

No doubt I'll be rapping on that door if I keep up the way I do.

How are Boards's finest this evening?

Not the worst Hugo. At work tonight So just hoping to get through it. How your good self?

do ye think you d ever wanna change or change for good?

Not the worst Hugo. At work tonight So just hoping to get through it. How your good self?

Hope it all goes uneventful there for you my friend.

How too bad here thanks. :) Just arsing about online as per usual.

do ye think you d ever wanna change or change for good?

I would love to change but it just seems too great a task at the moment. I hope I'll gain a stronger resolve in the future though.

• Advertisement

I got an appointment for an initial assessment for a six month dbt type programme. It only includes group therapy. Kinda worried in case they say I'm not suitable for the programme. But also nervous of being in a group session.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement