Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

carzony wrote: »
    Last night I fell asleep at about 6 in the morning and wake at about 1.30. :(

I find it hard to get to sleep as well. When i lie down at night the crazy sh1t that goes through my head is unbelievable. Been having some real bad dreams lately too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Joya wrote: »
    btw my friend will be cremated today...2pm..

Today sounds like a really rough day for you Joya. Be brave. Our thoughts are with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Has anybody else noticed when the are going through a period or episode of anxiety and coming out of it (thank feck) that the morning anxiety is always the last to diminish???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

thank you hugo.. yes.. it feels like he is gone now.. not sure how to explain it...

thank you hugo.. yes.. it feels like he is gone now.. not sure how to explain it...

*hugs*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 spudger1

feel so low today...

Joya, very sorry to hear about your loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

feel so low today...
    a week ago a friend of mine committed suicide
    and since then i have a strong urge to contact my ex bf ... who i broke uo with 2 yrs ago..
    so i was fighting it but yesterday took a phone and called.. turned out his number has been disconnected.... who knows since when..
    last time i got an email from him for christmas...
    so i drop few lines on email but no response from him.. tbh i cant remember when i saw him online last time..
    i completely was preoccupied with my own things that i haven't even noticed how he slipped out of my life....

so yea idk... just feeling very low and in some sort of slight panic inside...
    should study as i have 2 eams in few days and i am unable to concentrate at all.. m hardly breathin..

Sorry to hear about your friend. I hope you can get yourself together in time for your exams, if not, there is such thing as extenuating circumstances, as mentioned from a a fellow poster.

Don't put too much pressure on yourself, and I hope you start to feel better soon :)

I have put on on a stone in the last few weeks. My workouts are being cut short due to anxiety attacks in the gym, and late night eating, has resulted me in putting on the weight. I feel sluggish and bloated. Anyone else in the same boat?

GeneralC wrote: »
    I have put on on a stone in the last few weeks. My workouts are being cut short due to anxiety attacks in the gym, and late night eating, has resulted me in putting on the weight. I feel sluggish and bloated. Anyone else in the same boat?

You can regain that lost ground GC :)

You can regain that lost ground GC :)

Thanks Hugo. I feel disgusting in myself, so tired for no reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

GeneralC wrote: »
    Thanks Hugo. I feel disgusting in myself, so tired for no reason.

There are some days I am really tired as well. I put it down to the meds and poor diet. I find that when I bloat then the scales show I have put on a lot of weight. Leave it a few days and you may see it stabilise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

lukesmom wrote: »
    Has anybody else noticed when the are going through a period or episode of anxiety and coming out of it (thank feck) that the morning anxiety is always the last to diminish???????

Anyone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

lukesmom wrote: »
    Anyone??

Hey, I dunno, I'm not that good at self awareness. Both of my last "funks" ended suddenly and dramatically, I got very happy due to life changes and rode on a high for a few weeks after. As for when I'm in a funk, I do know that I find mornings a lot tougher to deal with physically (like, get out of bed, shower, get dressed etc.) but in the evenings I get more contemplative and dangerous in my thinking.

I can see how mornings would be the last to go though.

Sounds like you're seeing light at the end of the tunnel though?

Sometimes the funks can go as easily as they came along, without any changes being made. That's the aggravating aspect to them at times, one can't predict them or alter things to avoid them.

yes mornin is the worst for me..
    till about 4 5 pm just then it starts to lift up..
    than the evening till sleep i can have few hours of some kind of peace but only if im free to treat myself with some rest and some tv show watchin, believe it or not it calms me down lots lol...
    like a therapy..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

there is a great book on depression called darkness visible by william styron. its well worth a read. you can get it open source on the internet

Hey, I dunno, I'm not that good at self awareness. Both of my last "funks" ended suddenly and dramatically, I got very happy due to life changes and rode on a high for a few weeks after. As for when I'm in a funk, I do know that I find mornings a lot tougher to deal with physically (like, get out of bed, shower, get dressed etc.) but in the evenings I get more contemplative and dangerous in my thinking.

I can see how mornings would be the last to go though.

Sounds like you're seeing light at the end of the tunnel though?

I am very similar. Right now I can feel myself getting anxious and irrational. I have been generally alright these past few weeks but right now I feel like I could throw all that out of the window. I have a meeting with a therapist for a dbt type programme tomorrow. I really want to see improvements in my bpd traits.

And there's that dangerous feeling...

You ok there Scrim?

Suppose so. Don't think I'll actually do anything.. Tonight. Have a few ideas put by though, in case things get worse.

How are you tonight, H?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

When you say dangerous feeling is it a suicidal feeling scrim or wanting to self harm?

Suppose so. Don't think I'll actually do anything.. Tonight. Have a few ideas put by though, in case things get worse.

How are you tonight, H?

Have a dose of the Sunday night blues here LOL

How are you sleeping lately Scrim?

Have a dose of the Sunday night blues here LOL

How are you sleeping lately Scrim?

Sorry to hear that Hugo, hope tomorrow goes better than a normal start of the week. At least you'll have 25% of the week over instead of 20% like a normal week.

Sleep is okay, in that I'm getting some. But today I slept til midday. Then went back to bed after breakfast and stayed there til dinner time. Dreams really, really screwed up lately. Think I'm over-medicated. But now is not the time to be in withdrawal...

Sorry to hear that Hugo, hope tomorrow goes better than a normal start of the week. At least you'll have 25% of the week over instead of 20% like a normal week.

Sleep is okay, in that I'm getting some. But today I slept til midday. Then went back to bed after breakfast and stayed there til dinner time. Dreams really, really screwed up lately. Think I'm over-medicated. But now is not the time to be in withdrawal...

Dreams are so powerful, aren't they. It can be hard to snap to reality from them at times.

Dreams are so powerful, aren't they. It can be hard to snap to reality from them at times.

Yeah that's the trouble. Well not even just that, I seem to be having trouble telling the difference between what happened in them and what actually happened. I woke up thinking I'd better tell my mum about something that had happened, then just in time realized that it hadn't happened at all. Gives a person a lot to ponder on.

Hi all

mg1982 wrote: »
    When you say dangerous feeling is it a suicidal feeling scrim or wanting to self harm?

Sorry, only seeing this now. Not entirely sure which of the two, need to play with it and tease out out a bit. I think the meds have cooled the anxious need to scratch my skin off. Feel like I'm dealing with something a lot more sinister now.

Not sure how much more of this I can take?

Maybe you should talk to your doctor or pharmacist re how you are feeling. I think you said before you feel that you are over medicated and feel like you are dealing with something a lot more sinister. I think a chat with a medical professional may be of benefit.

• Advertisement

you ve no idea how many times i ask myself this question........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement