Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

Is something the matter IMS?

Ah just a bad day at school. Too down to study...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Sorry to hear that. Maybe leaving off the studying for tonight, relax and get the head right again.

Sorry to hear that. Maybe leaving off the studying for tonight, relax and get the head right again.

I'll try to. I'll have to have a chat with my gp about my dosage. School stress is making everything much worse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Early days still in the school year. No pressure to study. Try and relax.

I'll try to. I'll have to have a chat with my gp about my dosage. School stress is making everything much worse

What are you on and what mg?

• Advertisement

shezer wrote: »
    No pressure to study.

I wish that were the case. We were instructed to begin immediately

What are you on and what mg?

Sertraline, 50mg

Sertraline, 50mg

How long are you on that dose? Do you feel the anxiety just creeping up in school?

Try and relax. Every year I was in school they told us to start straight away. You won't get anything done at all if your too anxious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

for my leaving i just said **** it. Im not gona worry. Whatever i get i get points wise.

The thing about is that even if you dont get your points you can still get to study the course. You just may have to do a post graduate.

Seriously looking back at the leaving and college for that matter i wouldnt worry.
    College was easier for me. Because you are worth money to them they will try and pass you

How long are you on that dose? Do you feel the anxiety just creeping up in school?

Try and relax. Every year I was in school they told us to start straight away. You won't get anything done at all if your too anxious.

Almost 6 months. No, I can feel the anxiety and the depression getting worse.

• Advertisement

Almost 6 months. No, I can feel the anxiety and the depression getting worse.

Is this with CBT as well?

Is this with CBT as well?

No no

Do you have a counselling service in school?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Smushie1

My school was murder for that. Even told us to basically give up our social lives and replace it with study. Hindsight is a magical thing though, as hard as it is the only thing you can do is do what's right for you. Feel crap and not up to study? Don't do it that night. Even if ya feel like that for a few months. And if ya do, do it in very small chunks. Easier said than done, I know

Sorry to barge in, long time creeper first time poster

Smushie1 wrote: »
    My school was murder for that. Even told us to basically give up our social lives and replace it with study. Hindsight is a magical thing though, as hard as it is the only thing you can do is do what's right for you. Feel crap and not up to study? Don't do it that night. Even if ya feel like that for a few months. And if ya do, do it in very small chunks. Easier said than done, I know

Sorry to barge in, long time creeper first time poster

i agree. the LC was so over hyped. Its like your whole life hinged on that three weeks. Not at all. I knew lads who scraped by in ordinary level maths and are working in manhatten now.

As i have said in other threads, graduate level jobs depend on personality as much as merit. So if you do a poor LC, but are good socially, you will go far in life. If you are the best academically in the class but cant talk, you will struggle

Do you have a counselling service in school?

Yes but I don't want to lose out on taking notes by getting counselling

no offense you are going too heavy on the whole studying thing. at this rate you will struggle in college and the professional setting, not because of lack of ability but because you are worrying too much. You need to relax more.

If you are worrying all the time it means your sleep becomes disturbed and sleep deprivation doesnt help...

Be kinder to yourself.You'll get a lot more done if you are well. It's very hard to study if you pile the pressure on yourself. Avail of the counselling service. It'll most likely make you feel better.

I know it seems I'm doing too much but I have to catch up. I get 8-9 hours sleep so sleep deprivation isn't an issue. I can sense my teachers are concerned

Sorry for ranting, it's just been a very hard day. Never posted here before

• Advertisement

I know it seems I'm doing too much but I have to catch up. I get 8-9 hours sleep so sleep deprivation isn't an issue. I can sense my teachers are concerned

catch up with what?

Roquentin wrote: »
    catch up with what?

Oh sorry I missed a lot of work in 5th year, I'm almost on top of it.

Oh sorry I missed a lot of work in 5th year, I'm almost on top of it.

you do a bit every night and then at christmas you do a bit in your own time.

How many points are you aiming for?

Roquentin wrote: »
    you do a bit every night and then at christmas you do a bit in your own time.

How many points are you aiming for?

Realistically I need 530 for Biomedical Science. Would it be okay if I talked to one of my teachers about the depression :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Realistically I need 530 for Biomedical Science. Would it be okay if I talked to one of my teachers about the depression :confused:

You'd be better talking to the school counsellor or chaplain.

School counsellor would cover all those conversations with all the teachers you wanted approached about your situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Sorry for ranting, it's just been a very hard day. Never posted here before

No need to apologise for ranting. Most of my posts in this thread are rants. :)

Thanks for your support/advice everyone. Very much appreciated. :)

id say you will easily get 560 with that kind of work ethic. Now even if you didnt get an offer, you can go by an indirect route through an IT and then transfer or something. You have to study of course but i wouldnt worry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

This thread is made for ranting :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement