Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hey all, hope you've been doing ok.. Back in online world proper now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

Welcome back Grem. How are things for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Joya wrote: »
    you ve no idea how many times i ask myself this question........

Same with me. Seem to ask it every other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

mg1982 wrote: »
    Same with me. Seem to ask it every other day.
    yea.. only the thought of the devastation id cause to my family is stoppin me tbh.. nothin else...

Joya wrote: »
    yea.. only the thought of the devastation id cause to my family is stoppin me tbh.. nothin else...

Yeah this is what I was thinking, then I toyed with maybe suiting myself instead. Then I read a thing from the Irish Times on the Samaritans and how they actually ask "are you suicidal" and explained that it gives people a chance to think about whether they actually want to die, or want what they're currently going through to end. I realised that I'm in the latter group, I'd rather not actually die. I just want the **** to stop. And I think (I'm still playing with this thought), that realizing that I don't want to die is probably making the **** easier to deal with than thinking I do want to die but can't because of the effect it would have on my family.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

Yeah this is what I was thinking, then I toyed with maybe suiting myself instead. Then I read a thing from the Irish Times on the Samaritans and how they actually ask "are you suicidal" and explained that it gives people a chance to think about whether they actually want to die, or want what they're currently going through to end. I realised that I'm in the latter group, I'd rather not actually die. I just want the **** to stop. And I think (I'm still playing with this thought), that realizing that I don't want to die is probably making the **** easier to deal with than thinking I do want to die but can't because of the effect it would have on my family.
    yea i hear you. tbh i actually wouldn mind to die at all lol..
    it is just that there is a family who loves me lots, including my younger brothers two sons of 3 and 5 years of age, and my older sisters 23yo daughter and 13y son.. i know their lives would never be the same again and they are good people and do not deserve that..

so (unlike my friend a week ago) i still didn't come to a point where i do not care about them...no matter how hard life is to me...

and you know, my first suicidal letter i think i wrote when i was 13.. i never wanted to kill myself but preferred just to simply die.. once i almost got to the other side for few minutes but came back.. (apparently i had unfinished business here on earth)..twas when i was 17.. i was simply starvin' myself for few months...
    idk..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

I am going to change my diet this week. I have no problem with carbs but they seem to provoke my anxiety. I am going to change to a more protein based diet.

GeneralC wrote: »
    I am going to change my diet this week. I have no problem with carbs but they seem to provoke my anxiety. I am going to change to a more protein based diet.

Well done on being proactive, GC. I'm trying to wean myself off sugar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

I've been doing so well lately. Got into a bad 'funk' the weekend. My ears and throat Hurt and loosing my voice.

I'm absolutely Fcuking sick of this. It's ALWAYS one step forward two steps back. Every single time one thing goes right my body gives up.

Makes me wonder why the fcuk bother trying to change.

Sorry mega rant I'm just disheartened and fed up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 spudger1

heyday30 wrote: »

Sorry mega rant I'm just disheartened and fed up

I think it's ok to vent here

We all have days like that HD30, hope you get on top of it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

23c7e4c864acfa4b75d9dc6154c19659.jpg

Feeling s poorly again, physiological. Constantly hungry, headaches and feeling foggy. I am going down to my GP tomorrow, tired of feeling like this!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Feeling s poorly again, physiological. Constantly hungry, headaches and feeling foggy. I am going down to my GP tomorrow, tired of feeling like this!!!!

Hope it passes soon there GC.

Sorry to hear GC. Are you going to ask him for anti anxiety medication?

Has anyone ever wondered what would happen if they were abducted? Like, would people say, "Oh him/her? Yeah, had mental health problems... Probably committed suicide..." and all the while you could be sitting somewhere, tied up, gagged and bound, hoping that someone comes looking but they've written you off because you're already dead to them.

Sorry to hear GC. Are you going to ask him for anti anxiety medication?

I am not allowed any medication because of a heart condition, but I feel bloody awful recently. I feel there's an underlying physiological condition, and it's not all anxiety related.

I am not allowed any medication because of a heart condition, but I feel bloody awful recently. I feel there's an underlying physiological condition, and it's not all anxiety related.

It could be an underlying physical condition, i often wonder about that with myself. Conditions like low thyroid function or being low on some vitamins can cause these symtoms.

It could be an underlying physical condition, i often wonder about that with myself. Conditions like low thyroid function or being low on some vitamins can cause these symtoms.

It's more than likely anxiety, however, I want verification that it is. Does anyone else have these symtoms? or am I on my tod here?

Hemochromatosis as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Has anyone ever wondered what would happen if they were abducted? Like, would people say, "Oh him/her? Yeah, had mental health problems... Probably committed suicide..." and all the while you could be sitting somewhere, tied up, gagged and bound, hoping that someone comes looking but they've written you off because you're already dead to them.

That's an interesting topic Scrim. Hard to say how they would react. I suppose they'd look for a suicide note. I don't know the statistics or anything but I wonder do most suicides have notes or not. If no note, then maybe they would retrace your steps, triangulate mobile phone locations, CCTV etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

No. I sincerely doubt that your family would write you off as quick as that. And the guards don't just write off missing people as suicide. They would investigate each and every case.

Roquentin wrote: »
    Hemochromatosis as well

That too. My brother has it. He had and still is feeling the effects. If its not treated it will probably kill you.

I doubt it's something serious, however, it is provoking my anxiety. I calculated my calories today and I am heading over 3,500 calories and I am still hungry!

thats what they said about elaine o hara before they found her car keys

That too. My brother has it. He had and still is feeling the effects. If its not treated it will probably kill you.

yea hemingway had it and killed himself

Roquentin wrote: »
    thats what they said about elaine o hara before they found her car keys

Yeah exactly. I can just picture it happening :( I'd say it happens far more often than people believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

Yeah exactly. I can just picture it happening :( I'd say it happens far more often than people believe.

That was a very unique case. The chances of happening to you are extremely slim. It was almost the perfect murder.

• Site Banned Posts: 217 ✭✭Father Ted Crilly

When I was a young child I mostly kept to myself. I didn't socialize much. Sometimes I'd play 'fighting' games with my younger brothers and in the midst of the fun I'd usually start thinking about them dying in an accident or from a disease or something. Or maybe just them dying before I die. You know, happy one minute and the next, dead. That type of thing. When I got this thought I'd get slightly depressed and want to be alone for a while to just sit and think about it.

While I don't particularly want to die, I'm not afraid of it happening to me.

I don't know if it's OCD or what. I don't have a feeling that someone related to me will die prematurely but I am scared by the fact that it can happen.
    And before that, when I was an even younger child (maybe four or five) I hadn't a care in the world. When I heard about people dying in accidents I'd always say "Luckily that sort of stuff doesn't happen to me." But now I realize that at least one person who thought that was wrong so I've changed my mind and am now paranoid or something.

Any help? And no, I will not be fooled by some placebo effect, so don't bother suggesting anti-depressants.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 gemmaS6988

Anyone get insomnia from taking Valium? I've just started taking it and not a hope of me getting a wink of sleep tonight. And I'm more panicky than ever. :( Have a viral infection too so maybe that's part of it.

Yes I was the very same have trouble sleeping anyway was given that and was nearly swinging of the walls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 gemmaS6988

Anyone get insomnia from taking Valium? I've just started taking it and not a hope of me getting a wink of sleep tonight. And I'm more panicky than ever. :( Have a viral infection too so maybe that's part of it.

Yes I was the very same have trouble sleeping anyway was given that and was nearly swinging of the walls

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement