Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

On my way to work.. Brought some dbt course stuff with me in the hopes I can fend off the darkness.. This illness makes me so angry and frustrated..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

On my way to work.. Brought some dbt course stuff with me in the hopes I can fend off the darkness.. This illness makes me so angry and frustrated..

*hugs* You're strong Grem. You can do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

very alone

very alone

You wanna talk Scrim?

Not a lot to say. Just with all the people I know, with the people in my house, with the people online I feel like I'm distant from them. Like I don't belong. I'm hoping this is my brain shutting itself down and I'll gradually just fade out.

• Advertisement

Not a lot to say. Just with all the people I know, with the people in my house, with the people online I feel like I'm distant from them. Like I don't belong. I'm hoping this is my brain shutting itself down and I'll gradually just fade out.

That perceived distance is horrible. You're not alone though Scrim. You most certainly do belong, even if your mind tries to make you believe otherwise.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Scrim, the loneliness is what I hate the most.. It's gotten very bad of late after spending time with a mate abroad, she's hurting too. If I had three wishes the first would be no more pain..

Have you ever cried in front of colleagues Grem?

Don't have colleagues most of the time and I don't cry.

Don't have colleagues most of the time and I don't cry.

Does any of that bother you Grem or are you happier that way?

• Advertisement

I'd prefer if I could cry a little.. I've only done so at two funerals.. Not bothered about colleagues really.. What I wish I had was my good friends in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

I've cried in front of colleagues and classmates more times than I care to remember :o

Got lots of self-care stuff done today. Tidied my room (a bit), put on a wash, planned meals for the week and did a Tesco order. The most productive I've been in about a week or so. Most happy about the meal planning. I really need to do that all the time if I want to kick this ED's ass.

Hugs to all of you who are feeling ****. Make sure and do something nice for yourself this evening. You deserve it.

Always here if you need a chat, just send an oul PM.

Crying in front of colleagues is something I'm concerned about. It's a fear in itself now it seems.

Well done with taking care of business there today EI! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

I've cried in front of people I worKed with.
    In fact total meltdowns from the pressure of fast working pace and targets.

I never got on with anyone I worked with well I mean I'd no one to talk to.
    was the outcast.

heyday30 wrote: »
    I've cried in front of people I worKed with.
    In fact total meltdowns from the pressure of fast working pace and targets.

I never got on with anyone I worked with well I mean I'd no one to talk to.
    was the outcast.

Am sorry to hear that happened to you H :(

Am sorry to hear that happened to you H :(

Was never the right environment for me to work in. Wasn't thick skinned enough.

Was never the right environment for me to work in. Wasn't thick skinned enough.

*hugs*

I need to develop thicker skin too.

Any of ye ever wonder if ye are suited to work at all?

*hugs*

I'm actually in the boat that it feels like it would be dangerous for me to not work.. Was unemployed for about a year a long time ago and near got myself killed a lot.

*hugs*

I've been told not to take up full time employment by doctors. I'd like to get to a place where I can get out n do a course though.

I've a couple ideas in mind.

I still want to die.

• Advertisement

I'm actually in the boat that it feels like it would be dangerous for me to not work.. Was unemployed for about a year a long time ago and near got myself killed a lot.

So sorry to hear that you had to go through that Grem. :(
    I've been told not to take up full time employment by doctors. I'd like to get to a place where I can get out n do a course though.

I've a couple ideas in mind.

What kinda course would interest you H? :)

So sorry to hear that you had to go through that Grem. :(

What kinda course would interest you H? :)

Really thinking of doing sign language. Something is drawing me toward it. I think I'm meant to help people

I still want to die.

I hear ya Scrim. Be a whole pile simpler if we just ceased to exist sometimes. Battle on we will though.. I know I've a chance at a better quality of life and I'll chase it..

Really thinking of doing sign language. Something is drawing me toward it. I think I'm meant to help people

That'd be pretty cool actually :)

I hear ya Scrim. Be a whole pile simpler if we just ceased to exist sometimes. Battle on we will though.. I know I've a chance at a better quality of life and I'll chase it..

Tonight I've actually been crying. I never cry. Life just seems so hopeless right now.

Tonight I've actually been crying. I never cry. Life just seems so hopeless right now.

I'm so sorry you feel this way scrim. Cry all you can it's good to get the emotion out. Is there anything in particular made you feel this way?

I'm so sorry you feel this way scrim. Cry all you can it's good to get the emotion out. Is there anything in particular made you feel this way?

exams start monday, still couldn't study today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

*hugs*

Im not suited to stressful working enviornments as i found out to my cost this week or being around people in general. People just stress me out. But i do like helping people especially people who are vulnerable. Just my social skills let me down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

I am a big crier. It can be a good energy release sometimes.

I get really bad back pain easily. I'm wondering if it is stress related. I have been sitting at my desk studying for about an hour and my back got so tense and sore. It's very annoying.

• Advertisement

Hang on in there Scrim. Things can't stay like this. This will all fade and happiness will be found.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement