Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

How are you lately, Gremlinertia?

Hey Scrim, been extremely up and down since I posted here last.. So much so I just didn't have anything to say or contribute here.. Got group after work.. Might be able to ground a little..

What about you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

Hey Scrim, been extremely up and down since I posted here last.. So much so I just didn't have anything to say or contribute here.. Got group after work.. Might be able to ground a little..

What about you?

Ah sorry to hear things are so tough at the moment. If you ever want to vent but don't want to post here, you're always welcome to send me a pm or ten :)

Things are easier at the moment for me, mainly because college is over, I'm going away next week and I don't really have anything to do. Not working or anything. Still not fantastic, but not as bad as they were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

carzony wrote: »
    Been off the meds for 5 days and feel great :) i don't miss or even notice any changes without them.. just proves they were doing nothing for me. i will say my brain and thought process seems a lot clearer..

Its good that the withdrawals are gone. They can be nasty enough and go on for quite a while with some people.

Ya when you come off meds everything can seem a lot clearer but thats not always a good thing for me. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

not well today..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Joya wrote: »
    not well today..

Sorry to hear that Joya. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

thnx jugo just a bad day..perhaps ill just try to sleep...

Joya wrote: »
    thnx jugo just a bad day..perhaps ill just try to sleep...

Hope 2moro is a better day for you there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

Lost soul seeking advice regarding future career/course - anyone want to offer advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Great to hear about you starting the DBT course soon greenfrogs :) I really hope it goes well for you.

I think today has been an important day for me recovery-wise. I had a conversation with somebody earlier which has really forced me to reflect on things. I've been avoiding everything so much recently, and that's a definite pattern that I tend to fall in to. It just seems easier to avoid emotions and feelings and people and life in general than to have to try and fight. But now I want to fight again. I've fallen into such a rut again over the past few weeks and I don't want to stay in this hole forever. So I need to get up off my ass, as hard and scary and ****ing terrifying as that is, and just do it. Just do something small. And then if I keep doing small things it will all add up to something big.

You're all amazing people in here. All the support and company you guys provide, seriously, it changes lives. Do something nice for yourself today, or tomorrow, or whenever you get the chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Quite stuggling at the moment, for no concrete reasons, just various small things. No therapy for next five weeks due to psychologist's holidays etc, so that is not helping .

Trying to take each day as it comes and do some of the things that I know that helps. Go back to basics I guess.

But jeez just existing inside your own head is exhausting sometimes, isn't it?

• Advertisement

Quite stuggling at the moment, for no concrete reasons, just various small things. No therapy for next five weeks due to psychologist's holidays etc, so that is not helping .

Trying to take each day as it comes and do some of the things that I know that helps. Go back to basics I guess.

But jeez just existing inside your own head is exhausting sometimes, isn't it?

I know what you mean. My head is like a warzone most days.

mg1982 wrote: »
    I know what you mean. My head is like a warzone most days.

Yep :(

I have various issues with my emotions, but it's mostly related to past trauma, and it's been quite a while since I've considered myself to have depression, but a lot of the signs are there at the moment and need to be watched.

But how nice would it be just to be able to switch off your head for a while, and get a break from it.

No wonder I end up finding it so hard to get out of bed when sleeping is the only real escapism / way to get a break from own head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

Yep :(

I have various issues with my emotions, but it's mostly related to past trauma, and it's been quite a while since I've considered myself to have depression, but a lot of the signs are there at the moment and need to be watched.

But how nice would it be just to be able to switch off your head for a while, and get a break from it.

No wonder I end up finding it so hard to get out of bed when sleeping is the only real escapism / way to get a break from own head.

Some days I wish I could sleep for 16 hours and be awake for just 8 hours. The days can be so long. I literally count the hours until I'm sleepy enough to head to bed. I find it really hard to get out of bed also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

Yeah I just want to be in bed all day. Even nice weather doesn't seem to tempt me out. I get up only because I have to, and it is a struggle every day!

Lately even my dreams provide no relief. Last night I was fighting against people who were running an extermination and cremation operation in the city centre. Woke up exhausted and a bit shaken.

Yeah I just want to be in bed all day. Even nice weather doesn't seem to tempt me out. I get up only because I have to, and it is a struggle every day!

Lately even my dreams provide no relief. Last night I was fighting against people who were running an extermination and cremation operation in the city centre. Woke up exhausted and a bit shaken.

Sleep doesnt seem to provide much escape for me. Spent most of last night running for my life as i was being chased by nazis and they had a tank. :o The crazy sh1t i dream about. I usually end up being chased by someone and there trying to kill me. Hard to make sense of it.

I could get up at 9 and do some exercise, household chores, apply for jobs, go for a nice walk, cook, bake, read. Instead I stay in bed until 12 or 1 and spend hours online and watching TV into the small hours of the night. I guess this happens to a lot of unemployed people. I know I will get very down unless I get more proactive.

greenfrogs wrote: »
    I could get up at 9 and do some exercise, household chores, apply for jobs, go for a nice walk, cook, bake, read. Instead I stay in bed until 12 or 1 and spend hours online and watching TV into the small hours of the night. I guess this happens to a lot of unemployed people. I know I will get very down unless I get more proactive.

Yep easily done.

I'm self employed and some days am just home office based and more and more lately I've been struggling to get out of bed at all, and even then struggling to get motivated to do work. It just feels so impossible to get going at all sometimes.

Yep easily done.

I'm self employed and some days am just home office based and more and more lately I've been struggling to get out of bed at all, and even then struggling to get motivated to do work. It just feels so impossible to get going at all sometimes.

Yah I get what you mean. It actually takes so much energy to get out of bed and actually begin work. So before you have even begin work you have been facing an uphill battle to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Aye, I wake up and just get food into me and hope that I can fall asleep again. Not possible 24 hrs a day hence a window of about 5 or 6 hours in the evening where I am up. Nothing going on in my brain, body is just a subtle buzz of nervous energy, and I'll do it all again tomorrow etc.

It's not for effect that I say I simply won't have any relationships in my life too, or be the person that I really could have been, so there's not much left but the leaving of it all (hence why my brain checking out completely)... But that could be 40+ years.

It doesn't help that I tend towards extreme determinism in my thinking, so I won't be proactive until I am proactive if ye get me. One day if I'm out for a walk some force will have pushed me there, but until then there is no force and I am here, again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Group was hard yesterday, have therapy today. Tiring, hard to not switch off phone and turn over with blankets over head..

• Advertisement

Group was hard yesterday, have therapy today. Tiring, hard to not switch off phone and turn over with blankets over head..

Sorry to hear that Grem. Hope you feel better soon.

Is there anything particular about the group therapy that bothers you? Or does it bother you at all, like is it just a tough experience in general?

Just some days are tougher than others.. Same as Anything I guess. Have therapy now. Hoping it's goin to be ok..

Just some days are tougher than others.. Same as Anything I guess. Have therapy now. Hoping it's goin to be ok..

Hope it goes well G! :)

Hey folks. Im back on the unemployed list as i had to give up my job because of stress. I just cant hack being around people for long periods of time and it was having a bad effect on me. I will miss the wages but thats all i will miss. Now start looking for work which is more solitary which i know is hard to find.

Hope your all ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Hey folks. Im back on the unemployed list as i had to give up my job because of stress. I just cant hack being around people for long periods of time and it was having a bad effect on me. I will miss the wages but thats all i will miss. Now start looking for work which is more solitary which i know is hard to find.

Hope your all ok.

Same here:o My college grant ended so they put me straight back on the dole today actually :(

Hope your all ok.
    carzony wrote: »
    Same here:o My college grant ended so they put me straight back on the dole today actually :(

Sorry to hear that lads :(

mg1982 - best of luck with the job search :)

Back to the day hospital for another stint.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

Hope your all ok.
    What was your job, and would it be impossible to negotiate a work-from-home arrangement?

Back to the day hospital for another stint.

Sorry to hear that EI. :(

• Advertisement

Thanks Hugo. I don't mind too much really. I know the structure will be useful and hopefully will help me get out of the rut I've gotten myself into.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement