Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

mg1982 wrote: »
    Hugo i spent many years never lifting a finger at home. Its just in recent years i had too cos of my mums health.

Sorry to hear that my friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

greenfrogs wrote: »
    Fair play. At least you can visit your parents often. It makes a difference having family close by.

I'd be lost without them. Now they are in their 70s I treasure every year I get with my folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

I know it might ruin my masculinity but i find cleaning very therapeutic and it you do feel a sense of achievment afterwards. :o

Hugo i spent many years never lifting a finger at home. Its just in recent years i had too cos of my mums health.

I think the opposite. I think a man who expects everything to be done for them is lazy. I have a brother like that. It drives me insane.

I spent years never letting a finger either. It's selfish though and I realise that now. It definitely does give you a sense of achievement.

heyday30 wrote: »
    I'd be lost without them. Now they are in their 70s I treasure every year I get with my folks.

Same here. I dread my parents getting older. It actually upsets me to think about it. I hope all our parents have long and happy lives.

greenfrogs wrote: »
    Same here. I dread my parents getting older. It actually upsets me to think about it. I hope all our parents have long and happy lives.

The thought of my folks dying is really upsetting. My old man has health issues that will most likely escalate in the coming years. They are my rock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Need help lads..

I went off the lexapro 2 weeks ago cold turkey but ever since i've been having very strange ''brain zaps which is an electrical feel through my body and for about a week i've had a pain in the chest which feels like indegestion/heartburn.

I read Lexapro side effects
    Chest Pains - Severe discomfort in the chest caused by not enough oxygen going to the heart because of narrowing of the blood vessels or spasms.

I'm kinda scared since I never told the GP I was going off them.. Anyone familiar with what i'm going through?

Hence even though they might wreck your head, it's important to look after n spoil them :)

carzony wrote: »
    Need help lads..

I went off the lexapro 2 weeks ago cold turkey but ever since i've been having very strange ''brain zaps which is an electrical feel through my body and for about a week i've had a pain in the chest which feels like indegestion/heartburn.

I read Lexapro side effects
    Chest Pains - Severe discomfort in the chest caused by not enough oxygen going to the heart because of narrowing of the blood vessels or spasms.

I'm kinda scared since I never told the GP I was going off them.. Anyone familiar with what i'm going through?

Did you stop suddenly.? What dose were you on?
    Stopping suddenly can cause withdrawal. All antidepressants should be tapered down gradually

I was on 10mg.. it can actually cause death..

Lexapro side effects
    Tightness of Chest - Mild or sharp discomfort, tightness or pressure in the chest area (anywhere between the throat and belly). The causes can be mild or seriously life-threatening because they include the heart, lungs and surrounding muscles.

I never thought it'd be that serious...... :(:( what should I do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

Go to your GP. Doesn't matter that you didn't tell them, you need to talk to them now. They might also be able to talk you through some other options while you're there. Lexapro didn't work, hey ho, there are more options. You could drive yourself demented worrying about the withdrawal, or you could see your GP and rip that plaster off.

• Advertisement

I know but my point is I won't be able to see him till atleast tomorrow. I'm getting very sharp, painful sensation in the chest and if i'm not mistaken my right arm.

worried something could happen to me till then like...

I know but my point is I won't be able to see him till atleast tomorrow. I'm getting very sharp, painful sensation in the chest and if i'm not mistaken my right arm.

If you don't believe you can wait until tomorrow, then you either need to contact something like DDoc or go to A&E. With chest pain, btw, DDoc will refer you to A&E....

What about a&e. Or is there an out of hours gp service for your region. If you have health insurance some providers have a helpline if you are feeling unwell.

I've had the pain for a week so I'll hopefully manage until the morning.. keep the phone near me just incase..

Jesus the list of symptoms when coming off the lexapro is frightening..

Can you get to an a&e or an on call gp.

heyday30 wrote: »
    Can you get to an a&e or an on call gp.

I'd imagine the A&E would be mental given the bank holiday. I'd probably be waiting till the morning anyway..

I'll have to ring my own GP first thing for an appointment..

I'd imagine the A&E would be mental given the bank holiday. I'd probably be waiting till the morning anyway..

I'll have to ring my own GP first thing for an appointment..

Please do that car. Try keep yourself calm and safe tonight. Throw on a little tv maybe something easy to watch.

Keep posting here if you need to. *hugs

You will be fine

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Bear in mind that the side effects have to be printed even though the chances are incredibly narrow at times. I'm not trying to suggest it's you're imagination by the way, just that the stress of what you've read could cause symptoms like it.. I know with me that panic tightens my chest and if I even once think it's a heart attack all of a sudden I can feel a pain in my left arm. Try focus on not giving in to the panic, and as you said keep the phone near you just go case.. Don't read anymore medical stuff. Doc Google is a bollocks in this situation tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mocha please!

I'd ring DDoc, or your local on call doc. No point taking chances, and if your stressing about it all night it may only make things worse. They may be able to reassure you over the phone without you even having to go see them.

Bear in mind that the side effects have to be printed even though the chances are incredibly narrow at times. I'm not trying to suggest it's you're imagination by the way, just that the stress of what you've read could cause symptoms like it.. I know with me that panic tightens my chest and if I even once think it's a heart attack all of a sudden I can feel a pain in my left arm. Try focus on not giving in to the panic, and as you said keep the phone near you just go case.. Don't read anymore medical stuff. Doc Google is a bollocks in this situation tbh.

I gave myself breast cancer earlier this year. Even had a lump come up under my arm :o Reading side effects is an absolute no-no for me, I develop all of them.

• Advertisement

I agree a hundred per cent. Do not Google anything. It will scare the ****e out of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Actually carzony the brain zaps are quite a common side effect from coming off anti depressants. They arent pleasant i know.

Actually carzony the brain zaps are quite a common side effect from coming off anti depressants. They arent pleasant i know.

Agree. I'd get them if I missed more than one dose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

whats you diet like? i was getting pains in my chest and had to improve my diet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mocha please!

I got those brain zaps for the first time ever a couple of weeks ago, scared the crap out of me, I thought I was having a stroke or something! Apparently they're very common though.

Roquentin wrote: »
    whats you diet like? i was getting pains in my chest and had to improve my diet.

My diet could be better. Eat too much crap food.

Did your doc recommend a change?

My diet could be better. Eat too much crap food.

Story of my life too MG.

Story of my life too MG.

We need some pleasures in life. Sugar is one of mine. :)

Sugar is just one of my many pleasures.

• Advertisement

Yah I love food but I definitely comfort eat. The thought of not eating any of the foods I love depresses me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement