Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

mg1982 wrote: »
    That definitely is progress GF, those conversations can be tricky to handle, i know myself. Focusing on the present is what im trying to do more of but unfortunatley i feel my past defines me.

I used be totally focused on the past. I felt like a complete failure and looked back with disgust at my past. It's funny how things change. I feel like I am building a new life for myself with people I want to have in my life. It's not that my life is amazing and I have everything I want. It really isnt but I am quite happy with the way things are going. My attitude and thinking has changed. I am now focused on achieving what I want from life. I have made slow progress and I did it step by step. Now I see what I have achieved in a year. And I'm eager and nervous to see what will happen in the next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

greenfrogs wrote: »
    I used be totally focused on the past. I felt like a complete failure and looked back with disgust at my past. It's funny how things change. I feel like I am building a new life for myself with people I want to have in my life. It's not that my life is amazing and I have everything I want. It really isnt but I am quite happy with the way things are going. My attitude and thinking has changed. I am now focused on achieving what I want from life. I have made slow progress and I did it step by step. Now I see what I have achieved in a year. And I'm eager and nervous to see what will happen in the next year.

Thats really great too here GF, you sound like your in a good headspace now and you can look forward to the future with a sense of optimism. It is also important to recognise your achievments however small they may be. I hope to get to that point someday.

mg1982 wrote: »
    Thats really great too here GF, you sound like your in a good headspace now and you can look forward to the future with a sense of optimism. It is also important to recognise your achievments however small they may be. I hope to get to that point someday.

You will get there. Like you say any achievement no matter what size is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Bit low today. feeling pretty useless. I should be out in that weather but i'm Tucked away in bed. I haven't the energy or the motivation to do anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

heyday30 wrote: »
    Bit low today. feeling pretty useless. I should be out in that weather but i'm Tucked away in bed. I haven't the energy or the motivation to do anything.

*hugs*

Hope you feel better there soon H.

• Advertisement

Hugs

It could be the thyroid issues thats causing it H. Hope you get to enjoy the weather soon.

It's a similar day here. Although I'm lying in front of the tv. Weather isn't that good here either. Even if you got up and dressed it may help you feel better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mocha please!

Just checking in to say I had a disaster of a weekend. Ended up in the worst ward of the hospital for two nights - the Dean Swift ward, for those who are familiar with St Pats - completely locked in, constantly watched, practically everything is contraband. I cannot stand feeling trapped!

All my own fault though. I don't want to go into details of what happened, but I'm focussing on the positives and looking to the future.

And I've been "released" back to a normal open ward now. Phew! Had the family come to visit today too, which was nice.

Hope everyone else is having a nicer and less dramatic weekend. :o

Just checking in to say I had a disaster of a weekend. Ended up in the worst ward of the hospital for two nights - the Dean Swift ward, for those who are familiar with St Pats - completely locked in, constantly watched, practically everything is contraband. I cannot stand feeling trapped!

All my own fault though. I don't want to go into details of what happened, but I'm focussing on the positives and looking to the future.

And I've been "released" back to a normal open ward now. Phew! Had the family come to visit today too, which was nice.

So sorry to hear that MP.

I hope you'll have a better week ahead of you there.

Sorry to hear that MP. Glad to hear your back on a better ward now. How would you feel its gone in there so far, has it been of benefit too you?

• Advertisement

Went up to visit the folks fir a few hours. Not as bad now just tired.

Got a little grocery shop in too so day wasn't a complete waste

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Being a bit sick (sinus bother) really compounds low mood.. Ugh.

I hear ya grem. Hope you feel better soon.

I am a terrible patient. Any bit of physical illness and I feel like I'm dying. Definitely drags my mood down

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Yeah I'm wheezing which is slowing me down plus light is bothering me so I'm a right whinge bag today. There's no one around to whinge to, I don't mean you guys I mean there's not one of four friends to be found for some reason..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Calibos wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm that what one says to a GP is confidential and won't be repeated. ie. I understand a GP must keep medical related stuff confidential but what about other stuff. Like if one needs to explain what real life events or issues are causing one stress or anxiety, I understand that its confidential that you are suffering from stress or anxiety but is the reason you gave them for being stressed confidential. So if Jane told the GP her stress was caused by her business failing, would the GP dare tell someone in conversation, "Did you hear such and such place is closing". After all the GP disclosed nothing about Janes medical issue.

I'm genuinely asking for someone I know. My own anxiety issues are well under control thankfully.
    I think the answer here is yes but I'm not certain. Doctor-Patient confidentiality covers anything discussed in the course of a consultation, with a number of strict exceptions, and I don't think thats one. Also I don't think a Doctor can disclose that a particular person visited them

Gael23 wrote: »
    I think the answer here is yes but I'm not certain. Doctor-Patient confidentiality covers anything discussed in the course of a consultation, with a number of strict exceptions, and I don't think thats one. Also I don't think a Doctor can disclose that a particular person visited them

I think they can only disclose stuff to the police if there's a danger of you harming yourself or others. Other than that they have to keep their lips sealed. If I was pals with a doctor and they disclosed something to me, I'd really think a lot less of them, both as a professional and a person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

:(

Mood gone through the floor. In a very "fcuk life" frame of mind. Here we go again. And no real reason or trigger for it.

Mind yourselves, everyone.

:(

Mood gone through the floor. In a very "fcuk life" frame of mind. Here we go again. And no real reason or trigger for it.

Mind yourselves, everyone.

Hey up I'm here for the night if you want to talk.. Bad form too, got therapy after work in morning and don't think I want to go..

You said nothing triggered your downer?. That's painful right there. Hugs Scrim.

Hey up I'm here for the night if you want to talk.. Bad form too, got therapy after work in morning and don't think I want to go..

You said nothing triggered your downer?. That's painful right there. Hugs Scrim.

Thanks, think I'll take a xanax and try knock myself out. Dangerous though, cos I'm tempted to take all of them and I think I have a few zopiclone knocking about as well. Just so done. I've tried, I've failed, can I not just go now?

I don't want to go to therapy this week either. I feel your pain. It's too tough at times.

• Advertisement

Thanks, think I'll take a xanax and try knock myself out. Dangerous though, cos I'm tempted to take all of them and I think I have a few zopiclone knocking about as well. Just so done. I've tried, I've failed, can I not just go now?

I don't want to go to therapy this week either. I feel your pain. It's too tough at times.

Therapy is kinda slow moving. Results come so slowly. But they will be worth it in the long term. See how you feel about therapy in the morning. Sometimes a good night's sleep can change our perspective. Maybe take one xanax and give the rest to your parents so that you won't take them all.

You seem like a lovely and intelligent person. I hope you feel better soon.

Scrim, take one and see can you sleep. As Frogs said it's slow work and you can get bored and discouraged easily enough, but what I've recently noticed,and some others have agreed is that it's seeping in somehow. Keep going, we are struggling at various points too which is why we are all on this thread for each other.

This is more of a general statement. But I suppose sometimes I feel I go on about how therapy is great. My therapist reminded me the last day about how we all our different and that we will all respond differently to treatment. Keep that in mind if one treatment seems to working for others but is not working for you. You will find your way.

Hope you feel better by tomorrow Scrim.

Thanks guys. Took just one xanax so just waiting on it to kick in. I'm going to have to change the direction of my therapy. I think I need to address some more basic stuff than is being worked on.

I was reading that the 14 year old girl who is missing went to meet someone she met online. I hope to God she is found okay. I really should have reported the guy I met online. So long ago that it's now just a he said she said. The poor thing. She's only a child.

Scrim, that girl was found safe and well thank feck..
    As for changing direction, absolutely do it, the therapy is about you, for you. So you have say in where it goes.. If it helps write down some points and bring those with you to the next appointment, it'll also prove to the therapist that you're not just trying to derail the current discussion, stay well..

Best of luck to ye all for the week ahead.
    I'm not really feeling it myself but can't run away from it.
    Keep up the fight.

Goodnight.

Best of luck to ye all for the week ahead.
    I'm not really feeling it myself but can't run away from it.
    Keep up the fight.

Goodnight.

Night Hugo, few hugs for you.

We'll keep an eye on you an all, deal?.

Night Hugo, few hugs for you.

We'll keep an eye on you an all, deal?.

Thanks G.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys. Took just one xanax so just waiting on it to kick in. I'm going to have to change the direction of my therapy. I think I need to address some more basic stuff than is being worked on.

I was reading that the 14 year old girl who is missing went to meet someone she met online. I hope to God she is found okay. I really should have reported the guy I met online. So long ago that it's now just a he said she said. The poor thing. She's only a child.

Some people are not nice and take advantage of the people they meet. If anything illegal occurred with that guy then you have the right to report it. Have you discussed this with your GP, therapist.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement