Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

greenfrogs wrote: »
    Hi thanks. I'm good. I doubt I got the job but I'm glad I went. I definitely need to work on some interview prep. I may take you up on your offer another time. The interviewers were very nice. I'm glad my first interview is out of the way.

I also started the 2nd week of c25k today. I really would recommend it. I think it reduces my stress levels. And it's good exercise as well.

That's great to hear - the interview and c25k. It's so nice you had friendly interviewers. Hopefully at the very least the good experience with nice people and managing to go and get through it will help you build your confidence for future interviews. Glad to hear you're going well this evening :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

Last night I came across this http://www.ppimi.org/2015/04/13/depression-is-quiet-and-anyone-can-fall-to-it/
    It struck a nerve with me. Made me recognise why I was doing the interview. Everyday is a learning experience. Maybe it reminded me that I am probably at the 'later' stage of that comic. It reminds me of how far I have come. Some days are bad but more days are good. I may not have chosen this journey I am on but being honest I am beginning to enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Well done interviews can be nerve wrecking things. It's experience.
    Is there an app for c25k?

Has anyone ever done the reading the mind through the eyes test? I wonder whether people who are more prone to anxiety and depression are more affectively empathetic... I got 32 fwiw. It certainly explains why I often bawl crying in sad films...

Never even heard of it scrim. Is it an online test?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I did one of those tests alright, result was I was highly empathetic, not sure how professional the one I did was though..

Yeah, if you follow the link you should be able to take the test http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/well/2013/10/03/well-quiz-the-mind-behind-the-eyes/?referrer=

Sorry if that doesn't work, on mobile here

I did one of those tests alright, result was I was highly empathetic, not sure how professional the one I did was though..

Yeah the score is out of a possible 36 and I think 28 is average.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I just think having this illness has made me much more tolerant and accepting of other's problems.. I tend to walk a mile in the other person's shoes before I say much, I guess that makes me and a lot of the rest of us more sensitive to indicators of mood..

Got 26 out of the 36 dunno what it means really.

• Advertisement

heyday30 wrote: »
    Got 26 out of the 36 dunno what it means really.

It means you did better than me . I got 18. I''m actually not surprised I didn't do that well. I can be very self focused when around other people.

I use the podcast from below for couch to 5k. I find it good.
    http://www.nhs.uk/change4life/pages/couch-to-5k.aspx

Must look into an app for c25k.. Work is going to interfere a bit but if I can get going a bit at all it'd be good..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mocha please!

I got 24 out of 36

How you doin this morning Mocha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I must give that test a go later after work.

Hope ye all have a good day there. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mocha please!

How you doin this morning Mocha?

Couldn't be much worse, but thanks for asking. :o

Made an unsuccessful escape bid last night. Waiting to see a consultant now.

I need out of here. Even for one night.

Hope the consultant can help you find your way. I've just been for therapy, couldn't feel much smaller right now. Sigh..

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭NicoleW85

Thinking of you all today. Hoping you have the strength to face the challenges today might bring you! I'm thinking much clearer today but still feeling vulnerable and a bit 'broken', but got my appointment through for next Wednesday morning (they move fast, I only rang yesterday morn), so I'm very much looking forward to it. The only way is up :)

Thanks Nicole, hope you get on well too. Welcome to our little club/support network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

NicoleW85 wrote: »
    Thinking of you all today. Hoping you have the strength to face the challenges today might bring you! I'm thinking much clearer today but still feeling vulnerable and a bit 'broken', but got my appointment through for next Wednesday morning (they move fast, I only rang yesterday morn), so I'm very much looking forward to it. The only way is up :)

Glad to hear your feeling better nicole, hope its a nice day where you are.

• Advertisement

Got 32 out of 36 in that quiz but it felt i was guessing on some of them.

mg1982 wrote:
    Got 32 out of 36 in that quiz but it felt i was guessing on some of them.

I got 27 and some of them I was torn between emotions so had to guess! But I know I have a strange way of reading emotions in person! Like a 6th sense lol

mg1982 wrote:
    Glad to hear your feeling better nicole, hope its a nice day where you are.

Thank you :) it's absolutely stunning here! I have a load of washing on & it'll be out to dry in the next half hour. Great dryin weather haha. Is it sunny where ye all are?

NicoleW85 wrote: »
    Thank you :) it's absolutely stunning here! I have a load of washing on & it'll be out to dry in the next half hour. Great dryin weather haha. Is it sunny where ye all are?

Its sunny sligo here at the moment. hopefully will last the day. :)

Oh God, hate getting a late start on a good drying day! One load on the line, one load of towels in the wash and two sets of sheets to be changed, might get more towels in with the sheets, and a dark wash to go on. Come on washing machine! Hurry up!

Oh God, hate getting a late start on a good drying day! One load on the line, one load of towels in the wash and two sets of sheets to be changed, might get more towels in with the sheets, and a dark wash to go on. Come on washing machine! Hurry up!

That's one way to know your Irish. Nothing better than a good drying day. I got awoken to a phone call letting me know I didn't get the job. Then slept into 1. I'm nervous about telling my family. It will be like a cross examination about why I didn't get it.

greenfrogs wrote: »
    That's one way to know your Irish. Nothing better than a good drying day. I got awoken to a phone call letting me know I didn't get the job. Then slept into 1. I'm nervous about telling my family. It will be like a cross examination about why I didn't get it.

Sorry to hear you didn't get the job. Well done on getting the interview and going to it. Plus, they obviously thought highly enough of you to give you a courtesy call. Hope you're feeling better after the sleep. Hope it goes well with your family. At the end of the day, you did your best. They liked you enough to call you back rather than ignoring you. Sometimes these things are out of our control. Hugs for you

Scrim, do remind them that getting an interview is no guarantee. In these times getting an interview can be impressive enough tbh. Many many people don't even get acknowledgement of their application ffs! Chin up, hugs for ya, well bloody done!.

If they give you a hard time tell them there's a scarily-close-to-30 year old woman in donegal who, for the past 5 job applications, has received rejection emails and letters - without even being called for interview! Then tell them to try being supportive, they might just enjoy it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yeah, if you follow the link you should be able to take the test http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/well/2013/10/03/well-quiz-the-mind-behind-the-eyes/?referrer=

Sorry if that doesn't work, on mobile here

Took that test and scored 26 :)

Not a regular poster here but often read this forum so hello :) and I just want too say I think yer all amazing people :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement