Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Thanks Seph, good to know there's others watching out for us..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Took that test and scored 26 :)

Not a regular poster here but often read this forum so hello :) and I just want too say I think yer all amazing people :)

Seph mon o/ :D

Thanks for the kind words man. I appreciate them and I'm sure the others in here do too. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Just did that reading eyes quiz, 33 i got. That'd be bout right for me..

Just did that reading eyes quiz, 33 i got. That'd be bout right for me..

I got 27. What's the significance of the score?

Well i know people would say i'm quite in tune with others so that'd reflect from my score. The battle being trying to get in tune with myself!.

• Advertisement

Well i know people would say i'm quite in tune with others so that'd reflect from my score. The battle being trying to get in tune with myself!.

A worthwhile fight! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭NicoleW85

See I got 27 too but I can sense discomfort, sadness, frustration in people. I'm married to someone with A.D.D and besides his mother, I'm the only person who really 'gets' him. There has to be better ways of testing than just the eyes. I don't know why I feel strongly about this haha :D

NicoleW85 wrote: »
    There has to be better ways of testing than just the eyes. I don't know why I feel strongly about this haha :D

Some people can be expect manipulators, and can control their facial expressions completely.

I suppose. I could be one of those people, but in a 'putting on a brave face when I'm dying inside' kinda way haha.

Oh fact, you need much more to figure out where someone is at, everything from body language to breath rate to the 'vibe' from them..

• Advertisement

I suppose. I could be one of those people, but in a 'putting on a brave face when I'm dying inside' kinda way haha.

*hugs* We all feel like that at times. Some are better at hiding it than others though. I'm pretty useless at it! LOL
    Oh fact, you need much more to figure out where someone is at, everything from body language to breath rate to the 'vibe' from them..

Even then though, some will fly under your radar completely.

True Hugo, some people are very, very good at keeping the mask in place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

I redid the text. I got 18 the first time but 27 the second time. I think just looking at someone's eyes is a bit limited. You need to see their facial expression and body language to see the complete picture.

Sometimes the whole online thing can really blind you to someone.

Sometimes the whole online thing can really blind you to someone.

Funny enough, i would have been way more honest on here than in real life to start with.. Slowly getting more open in my real world with a few people lately.. Find it much easier to admit things etc online, hiding behind the keyboard..

Funny enough, i would have been way more honest on here than in real life to start with.. Slowly getting more open in my real world with a few people lately.. Find it much easier to admit things etc online, hiding behind the keyboard..

Same here. Only select few know the score in real life, the rest just think I'm quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

Same here. I find it really easy to discuss things on here. Maybe to the point where I am concerned that I am making myself too identifiable. I would be lost without this place.

greenfrogs wrote: »
    Same here. I find it really easy to discuss things on here. Maybe to the point where I am concerned that I am making myself too identifiable. I would be lost without this place.

Just be aware that this is a public forum. Just keep some key details to yourself and you'll be grand GF. :)

Oh btw Hugo, Legoland is great craic! Haha. I can talk normally here and ask daft questions on the other thread. Life altering stuff :D

Oh btw Hugo, Legoland is great craic! Haha. I can talk normally here and ask daft questions on the other thread. Life altering stuff :D

It's good to be able to jump back and forth. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

the mechanics of online forums is different to real life conversations. one, you have to time think of a reply on a forum and you dont in real life. secondly, we are anonymous on forums but not in real life and one is unconsciously aware of this fact when liaising with posters

Roquentin wrote: »
    the mechanics of online forums is different to real life conversations. one, you have to time think of a reply on a forum and you dont in real life. secondly, we are anonymous on forums but not in real life and one is unconsciously aware of this fact when liaising with posters

Alas, real life can move along at far too quick a pace of us at times.

I must admit, I'm the same online as i am in 'real life'. Is that normal? Haha. I've got a warped sense of humour and laugh A LOT, maybe too much sometimes, but I also cry A LOT too. Wear my heart on my sleeve and all that jazz. Analyse things people say and often read too deeply. The psychiatrist im meeting next week should have his work cut out for him :D

Alas, real life can move along at far too quick a pace of us at times.

The 1800s called and asked for their lingo back :p

Sir Hugo talks a fair bit finer than I does be doing! :pac:

I'd be very similar online as offline too. Might have been more cagey online at first but thought what the fcuk after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

I'd be a little more confident online than in reality. Probably not a good thing.

Be very conscious of " fitting in" and being liked.
    Don't have many people in my life just my family.

Whoa, what's with the sudden Hugo bashing?!?! :mad: :pac:

heyday30 wrote: »
    Don't have many people in my life just my family.

*hugs* You have us here. And when you are back to your old self and have lots of friends, we'll be your most exclusive entourage! ;):D

Ah now Hugo I was being your knight(ess?) in shining armour!!

• Advertisement

Ah now Hugo I was being your knight(ess?) in shining armour!!

Of course G, I was only joshing ya! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement