Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

mg1982 wrote: »
    As long as ya dont start growing a tail and paws you should be ok H. :D

*Starts freaking out*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

As long as ya dont start growing a tail and paws you should be ok H. :D
    *Starts freaking out*

Very funny you two. ;) won't be joining the dogs howling just yet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

heyday30 wrote: »
    There's a full moon. Was wondering why I've been a little 'off' yesterday and today. I'm convinced it plays havoc with my moods.

Oh that'll fcuking do it.. I totally reckon moon can have an effect..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Oh that'll fcuking do it.. I totally reckon moon can have an effect..

It does tend to effect some peoples moods but i find no difference in it, just feel sh1tty as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

I was trying earlier to review my computer skills such as excel. However I couldn't focus. My mind kept going back to my old job. It will be a year since I was fired soon but it's still at the forefront of my mind. Very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭NicoleW85

Omg I was on the beach with hubby and the dog at 9:30 and I swear it's the most calming place on earth. Instant mood lift :)
    *hugs* to anyone feeling crappy tonight and *hisses* at the wolves :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

I feel like I'm edging closer and closer to a precipice. I just can't cope anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Ah sounds lovely Nicole. Would have loved to get to the beach today! My housemate went to the 40 Foot and has made me very jealous.

I find that a full moon affects my sleep. It's always much more disturbed than usual when there's a full moon.

I'm near Dublin and would defo be up for a wee meetup!

We didn't get the heatwave in the west. It was cloudy and humid here all day but still beats a load of rain!! I must be the only one in the north west? :(

NicoleW85 wrote: »
    We didn't get the heatwave in the west. It was cloudy and humid here all day but still beats a load of rain!! I must be the only one in the north west? :(

Your not the only one nicole, im in not so sunny sligo.

• Advertisement

mg1982 wrote:

Howdy neighbour :D

I feel like I'm edging closer and closer to a precipice. I just can't cope anymore.

Sorry to hear that Scrim. What's on your mind there?

Same here. It was cloudy and overcast for most of the day. I'd love for it to be really warm tomorrow. Just one day would do me. I actually find myself enjoying good weather more now. Before I used hate the sun and heat.

greenfrogs wrote: »
    Same here. It was cloudy and overcast for most of the day. I'd love for it to be really warm tomorrow. Just one day would do me. I actually find myself enjoying good weather more now. Before I used hate the sun and heat.

You in sligo too GF?

You in sligo too GF?

No I meant the weather was the same here. I don't think I've ever been to Sligo.

Was up in Sligo once about 12 years old. A gorgeous part of the country! :)

i like sunny weather but when it gets too warm i get grumpy

i like sunny weather but when it gets too warm i get grumpy

I'm always grumpy, but especially so in hot weather! :D

Was up in Sligo once about 12 years old. A gorgeous part of the country! :)

Ya sligo is nice spot allright, all it needs is the mediteranean climate and we are sorted.

Ya sligo is nice spot allright, all it needs is the mediteranean climate and we are sorted.

Perish the thought! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Drowning folks.....I took 100mg of Trazadone last night...usually take 50mg...I was alone with my 3 kids p...my hubby working and for the first time in my life....I felt like it wanted to commit suicide.

I had to call in sick again today....as prob only slept 2 hours.....seeing GP tomorrow morning....but I feel nothing will work at this stage. He had suggested Lexapro in the past....but I read that can cause insomnia.....last thing I need !!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Drowning folks.....I took 100mg of Trazadone last night...usually take 50mg...I was alone with my 3 kids p...my hubby working and for the first time in my life....I felt like it wanted to commit suicide.

I had to call in sick again today....as prob only slept 2 hours.....seeing GP tomorrow morning....but I feel nothing will work at this stage. He had suggested Lexapro in the past....but I read that can cause insomnia.....last thing I need !!

I'm really glad you are going to the gp - well done.. While insomnia is listed as a side effect in lots of meds, it's not neccessarily going to happen to you, mention it to the doc and perhaps you can work out another drug that's similar if that'll help you. Please please make sure to mention to your doc that you felt that bad suicide seemed an option, it's important he knows the full scale of your feelings, someone will always be here for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

Runningbuddy, for what it's worth, I'm on 20mg lexapro and before starting on it I had dreadful insomnia. That's mostly gone now, if anything it leaves me a little groggy. Everyone will experience medication differently, but certainly insomnia hasn't been made any worse for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Thank you guys....ye are the best...honestly...my closest friends have no idea what I'm going through. My hubby does his best but hasn't a clue. Until you have lived in this hell....you could never understand it.

Am worried ****less about my job now. I have become so unreliable. Can't tell them the truth.....hope ye all doing okay folks x

Never feel like you're on your own, and tell your friends everything. It might help!
    I sat for an hour & a bit waiting for my appointment only to realise it was just a follow up & I should be near the top of the waiting list for CBT! I was out after 20 mins....but I do feel better after it & she's put me in touch with Social Prescribing to get me out of the house more. Better than nothing I suppose :)

I sat for an hour & a bit waiting for my appointment only to realise it was just a follow up & I should be near the top of the waiting list for CBT! I was out after 20 mins....but I do feel better after it & she's put me in touch with Social Prescribing to get me out of the house more. Better than nothing I suppose :)

I never even heard of Social Prescribing before, but it sounds great! Let us know how you get with it Nicole. :)

Never feel like you're on your own, and tell your friends everything. It might help!

I never heard of social prescription before but it sounds really cool. Anything to get you out of the house and doing activities and meeting new people is really beneficial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭timecurve12

So contemplating suicide . Can't make a a decision about anything let alone something as huge as that so it's just turning over and over in my mind. Seems to be part of the comedown from being really anxious all day yesterday. Feel like I've let everyone down, so can't really turn to anyone. The mental health services have let me down to be honest. Anyway hope everyone else is feeling better.

So contemplating suicide . Can't make a a decision about anything let alone something as huge as that so it's just turning over and over in my mind. Seems to be part of the comedown from being really anxious all day yesterday. Feel like I've let everyone down, so can't really turn to anyone. The mental health services have let me down to be honest. Anyway hope everyone else is feeling better.

Please resist the urge TC. :(

• Advertisement

It's horrendous to be there. Is there anyone you feel you could talk to?. Pm here even.. Samaritans email is good because you can just say all your stuff without being judged, but perhaps here is more comfortable for you. Just keep talking ok?. Everyone on this thread cares very much about each other.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement