Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭cannotcope

does anyone live alone with few friends and has this cause them anxiety? it does me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Stressful day here in work. Being shown something new. Instantly I start panicking. When I panic, my mind can't focus, so I miss lots of the steps. Have to ask a load of questions then as I can't grasp the process the first time around. This results in people losing their patience with me and getting snippy. I ****ing hate days like this. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Stressful day here in work. Being shown something new. Instantly I start panicking. When I panic, my mind can't focus, so I miss lots of the steps. Have to ask a load of questions then as I can't grasp the process the first time around. This results in people losing their patience with me and getting snippy. I ****ing hate days like this. :(

Sorry to hear your feeling rough hugo. Yes people can get impatient but you were only making sure that you got to know everything. If people want to be impatient let them.

mg1982 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear your feeling rough hugo. Yes people can get impatient but you were only making sure that you got to know everything. If people want to be impatient let them.

I'm pretty slow at the best of times, but the anxiety makes it so much worse. I really don't want to be annoying people by asking questions, but questions need to be asked at times.

It's the weekend now. I'm gonna try let all this out of my mind.

Anyone up to anything nice this weekend? :)

I'm pretty slow at the best of times, but the anxiety makes it so much worse. I really don't want to be annoying people by asking questions, but questions need to be asked at times.

It's the weekend now. I'm gonna try let all this out of my mind.

Anyone up to anything nice this weekend? :)

Meeting up with the woman tomorrow and might go for a mcdonalds. So that should be nice. My sister is home from england as well so its good to see her again.

Any plans yourself hugo.

• Advertisement

How are things with the lady there man? :)

F all planned here really, just tasty grub and walks to burn off the aforementioned tasty grub! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

My friend posted a link to this article on FB. Just posting it in case it helps anyone http://m.wikihow.com/Recognize-Autism-Symptoms-in-Yourself A lot of mental health issues can be comorbid with autism. Also, this article is nice and positive about autism for a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

I headed out for a bit tonight. I was very nervous on the way there. I considered turning around and just driving back home. However I managed to go in. I felt quite awkward at times. I hate when you are feeling awkward and then are worried in case other people notice this and feel sorry for you. Anyway I managed 2 hours before I left.

Headed to tesco on my way home and bought loads of sweets. I'll probably end up feeling sick in an hour or so. But I don't care. I'm meant to be heading away with these people for a weekend soon enough. I'm having second thoughts now about whether I should go. I was just very unrelaxed and couldn't enjoy myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭teadrinker96

Hi starting on the anti-d Citalopram and kind of nervous about it . It's my first time going on any sort of medication for depression . Has anyone been on this before and if so , what were the side effects for you ?Did it help ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 killian113

Monday night, I was walking home after a night out in the town and I was considering taking my own life - little did I know that my friend was taking their own life. When I heard the news on tuesday it realy got to me. I have always had that touch of anxiety and depression about me, but its really after hitting in now. Was at the funeral this morning and I must admit that I was upset.

After the funeral, I went to the Avicii concert with some friends, thought it would get my mind of things. While being there, I felt as if I was suffocating with the size of the crowd and that they were all just gathering around me. I was seriously considering leaving the concert early whenever I got the chance to get away from my friends and just "miss the bus home" or something, but I just didnt get the chance. I spent the whole bus journey home curled up in a ball not talking to anyone. Im not fully sure what a panic attack is, but i think i may have had one - i found it very hard to breathe, i was very sweaty and i just felt as if i was going to puke everywhere. A friend noticed and just presumed that i was "locked", although I had f*ck all to drink during the day.

Can anyone please give me some kind of "self diagnosis" on what is wrong with me and recommend what i can do? I am refusing to talk to any of my friends or family about it, as i know that my friends will probably just ignore it and all my family dont live at home, it is just myself and my parents, who i know will just brush off any remarks i say.

• Advertisement

I would recommend you visit your GP. It sounds like you have had a very very difficult week. No-one here can diagnose you, only a doctor can do that. You need to look after yourself. I think maybe going to a concert wasn't the best idea. If you are drinking, then that can be a depressant so maybe lay off that for a while.

How are things with the lady there man? :)

F all planned here really, just tasty grub and walks to burn off the aforementioned tasty grub! :D

Its going ok hugo but i would have me doubts if im fit for a relationship at this stage. Will give it a little longer and see.

Would you ever go to the beach for a walk?

Hi starting on the anti-d Citalopram and kind of nervous about it . It's my first time going on any sort of medication for depression . Has anyone been on this before and if so , what were the side effects for you ?Did it help ? :)

Hey there. I was on it a number of years back. I didnt find many side effects but we are all different. It worked well for a while.

Its going ok hugo but i would have me doubts if im fit for a relationship at this stage. Will give it a little longer and see.

Fair play to you man. Having someone in your life should help with the head issues.

A walk on the beach is alright. Can destroy the car with sand though. Also I do have an irrational fear of a tsunami hitting when I'm there though, so I tend to avoid it. :o

killian113 wrote: »
    Monday night, I was walking home after a night out in the town and I was considering taking my own life - little did I know that my friend was taking their own life. When I heard the news on tuesday it realy got to me. I have always had that touch of anxiety and depression about me, but its really after hitting in now. Was at the funeral this morning and I must admit that I was upset.

After the funeral, I went to the Avicii concert with some friends, thought it would get my mind of things. While being there, I felt as if I was suffocating with the size of the crowd and that they were all just gathering around me. I was seriously considering leaving the concert early whenever I got the chance to get away from my friends and just "miss the bus home" or something, but I just didnt get the chance. I spent the whole bus journey home curled up in a ball not talking to anyone. Im not fully sure what a panic attack is, but i think i may have had one - i found it very hard to breathe, i was very sweaty and i just felt as if i was going to puke everywhere. A friend noticed and just presumed that i was "locked", although I had f*ck all to drink during the day.

Can anyone please give me some kind of "self diagnosis" on what is wrong with me and recommend what i can do? I am refusing to talk to any of my friends or family about it, as i know that my friends will probably just ignore it and all my family dont live at home, it is just myself and my parents, who i know will just brush off any remarks i say.

Sorry for your loss there Killian. :(

I think it depends on you as a person. I know at my worst I wasn't able for a relationship. I'm not even sure I'm even fit for one now. However some people here are in relationships. Different strokes for different folks. I hope it works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

jesus, I'm even having panic attacks while walking my dogs now :( Seems to be taking over my life in the last 3 weeks.. Getting difficult to even leave the house..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hiding in my house today. Just want to eat and stare at mindless telly. Managed to worry a few people yesterday and i never noticed i was being weird.

Hey there. I was on it a number of years back. I didnt find many side effects but we are all different. It worked well for a while.

hate to ask this question again on the forum haha but for you was it ok to drink while taking it ? I've read that it's meant to make you seriously sleepy if you do :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

hate to ask this question again on the forum haha but for you was it ok to drink while taking it ? I've read that it's meant to make you seriously sleepy if you do :o

Ah, it's probably okay to drink tea with them anyway I'd say! ;) :P

:)

• Advertisement

that's true haha at least there's always tea :D:)

I wouldnt drink for the first few weeks anyway. But after that im sure it will be fine. It never stopped me drinking while i was on it. But again i can only speak for myself. :)

father Jack <3 Thanks for the advice :) If I were to drink next weekend (my birthday) maybe I could just skip the pill for one day :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

I think this is lovely

My friend posted a link to this article on FB. Just posting it in case it helps anyone http://m.wikihow.com/Recognize-Autism-Symptoms-in-Yourself A lot of mental health issues can be comorbid with autism. Also, this article is nice and positive about autism for a change.

Very interesting article EI. I believe a lot of these mental conditions are related in some way and the way i am socially i often wonder if im on the spectrum myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

father Jack <3 Thanks for the advice :) If I were to drink next weekend (my birthday) maybe I could just skip the pill for one day :o

Just don't go on a mad one. Take the pill when you're supposed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

First time on it I found it grand, few side effects besides a bit of dizziness and a very dry mouth! After about a month on it I had a few drinks and it was all grand!
    Second time going on it, I toke it for three days and it gave me such bad vertigo and panic attacks that I couldn't stand or even sit upright for a week so I had to stop. But it's all different for different people! And apparently different for the same people at other times!

The Sunday night blues have started early here.

I'm finding it hard to grasp basic enough new information at work. I don't know if it is due to the meds, the anxiety itself or that I'm just a bit slow. Or maybe a bit of all three.

I'm finding that I'm having to ask the same questions over and over again, and that it's annoying people. I then take that to heart, and that hurts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hugo, is there somewhere you could chat with other people in your industry?. Perhaps that could help you out. Just a thought.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement