Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

Oh gosh.. You do doctor google too? I'm a demon for it.. Hopefully this initial shock won't be too long with you. It's an awful thing to have weighing on you, and again too. It's awful hard to find positives these times.

"Doctor google" that made me chuckle :)

I am awake since 7am, probably overly tired now! It's just hard to see how positives in my lift at the moment. At 27, I shouldn't have to be going in for my third open heart surgery :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,239 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Doctor google is a familiar enemy round here.. Glad it gave you a laugh.

You're right. You absolutely shouldn't have to be going for a third surgery. It's this sort of thing that makes me want to lie down on the floor and throw a big damn tantrum. There's no rubbish platitude or saying I can give you. All I can say is, despite we're anonymous critters in netland, I do care and you'll always be welcome here..

Doctor google is a familiar enemy round here.. Glad it gave you a laugh.

You're right. You absolutely shouldn't have to be going for a third surgery. It's this sort of thing that makes me want to lie down on the floor and throw a big damn tantrum. There's no rubbish platitude or saying I can give you. All I can say is, despite we're anonymous critters in netland, I do care and you'll always be welcome here..

Thanks Grem, I really do appreciate that :)

How come you're awake at this time? you ok?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,239 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

GeneralC wrote: »
    Thanks Grem, I really do appreciate that :)

How come you're awake at this time? you ok?

It's all good.. I try to keep an eye on this thread so everyone gets talked to.. It's been a great place for and to me.. I'm a nightshift person so this is daytime for me except for Wednesday as I have hospital appointments for mental illness every Wednesday morning.

It's all good.. I try to keep an eye on this thread so everyone gets talked to.. It's been a great place for and to me.. I'm a nightshift person so this is daytime for me except for Wednesday as I have hospital appointments for mental illness every Wednesday morning.

What time is your appointment at tomorrow? Hope it goes well for you. Is it a weekly thing?

• Advertisement

It's from ten to half twelve, it's part of a therapy thing I'm doing for borderline personality disorder, and yeah it's every week.. Finding it good but tough at times. Then again as I keep saying if it wasn't tough at times it wouldn't be doing anything..

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭alaskayoung

My psych has asked me again to see if I can cut out the 50mg of Seroquel I've been taking for the past few months every night to allow me to sleep. I decided to give it a go yesterday (or was it the day before? :L) and right now I'm at 40 hours with absolutely no sleep. I think I'm going to fail miserably yet again :P
    It's from ten to half twelve, it's part of a therapy thing I'm doing for borderline personality disorder, and yeah it's every week.. Finding it good but tough at times. Then again as I keep saying if it wasn't tough at times it wouldn't be doing anything..

It's so great to hear that you're getting a lot out of it. I imagine it can be heavy going at times though, emotional work is quite exhausting. I'm going to be starting in a dbt group for bpd too in the next few weeks and I'm quite scared about it but your posts are pretty comforting. I hope the other people in group are a little nervous too because I think it's going to take me weeks to just open my mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I got told today I need another open heart surgery - this will be my third and I am 27

So sorry to hear that GC.

Alaska, the majority of us were absolutely bricking it for the first few groups.. I used to work in crowds of strangers and this was one of the most nerve wracking things I'd ever done.. You'll be fine just stick with it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

Has anyone seen Mochaplease around?.

I am messaging her on what's app.... she was talking to me today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

Hope all is okay. . Forgot my phone at work today so spent a lot of time in work on my own just going over the past in my mind... kept coming back to my ex, the funny thing is I know Ill be ok it's just not knowing when ill stop seeing her as the one. So hard being nice to other girls but deep down knowing you can't give them what they want yet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

I got told today I need another open heart surgery - this will be my third and I am 27

Thats tough to be dealing with generalc. I hope you won't be waiting too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

My anxiety has disappeared the last few days.. for the previous 2 weeks I was almost constantly in panic and this week it's almost like I've never suffered from anxiety

Is this normal?

I know it sounds strange but i'm wondering did the hot weather have an impact on my constant panic for somehow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

carzony wrote: »
    My anxiety has disappeared the last few days.. for the previous 2 weeks I was almost constantly in panic and this week it's almost like I've never suffered from anxiety

Is this normal?

I know it sounds strange but i'm wondering did the hot weather have an impact on my constant panic for somehow?
    Yup happened me recently enough too for a little while. Was so weird, it's not that I missed the anxious feeling, more than I felt "nothing". Not nothing in a depressed way. It was more like "where's my anxiety gone? Something's not right..."

Has anything else changed for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

stinkle wrote: »
    Yup happened me recently enough too for a little while. Was so weird, it's not that I missed the anxious feeling, more than I felt "nothing". Not nothing in a depressed way. It was more like "where's my anxiety gone? Something's not right..."

Has anything else changed for you?

That's exactly how i feel this week. the anxiety has just gone but been replaced by over analysing thoughts like ''is this all in my head in the first place'', '' am i depressed'' ect ect..

i read the hot weather has a massive impact on anxiety and can make it a lot worse so that could explain my struggles the previous 2-3 weeks..

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭alaskayoung

I'm sorry, that's really tough :( I hope everything works out for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

Gremlinertia thanks for your helpful posts the other night. I have stopped checking his fb profile etc. I actually feel a good bit better.

I suppose that's the nature of this illness. Rather than say I have an issue and discuss it, I ignored it. However, it still was upsetting me and bringing my mood down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Well done GF! That's great. And don't worry if you slip up and check his profile again once or twice - as long as you know that you have the power over it and can stop again.

Just back from a gig in town. It was so, so good. I used to be too nervous/anxious to go to things like that on my own a few years ago, but now I don't mind at all. Yay for progress.

Hope everyone on here is doing okay tonight x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

Well done GF! That's great. And don't worry if you slip up and check his profile again once or twice - as long as you know that you have the power over it and can stop again.

Just back from a gig in town. It was so, so good. I used to be too nervous/anxious to go to things like that on my own a few years ago, but now I don't mind at all. Yay for progress.

Hope everyone on here is doing okay tonight x

Yes I have the POWER :D
    but, you are right. I may slip up but I just have to gain control again.

That's amazing that you went on your own. And, even better you had a good time. That's fantastic progress.

My weight is beginning to annoy me. I'm up to nearly 10 stone. That's quite a big gain in the last few months. I'm not sure I am going to get it under control. It's a slippery slope. I even notice the extra weight. I have an occasion next week and the dress I bought is very tight. It wasn't that tight when I got it. I don't think I have it in me to lose weight at the moment. But, I'll know I'll get depressed over it if it rises anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

You guys are posting so late/early.
    Hope all is ok there.

• Advertisement

Thanks Freudiangirl, was just wondering if she was ok..

Glad to be of any help at all Frogs. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Hope everyone is doin ok. Been busy the last while saving turf on the bog, and my sis is home this week to so been chauffering her around. Been busy has kept my mind of things somewhat so thats a positive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

freud said love and work because they distract you. when you have a why to live for you can bear almost any how

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Hi folks....how you all doing?? I started in Effexor 37.5mg last week. Didn't feel any effect...not worse, no better. Rang local hospital and doc I spoke told me that dose was too low. I started on 75mg 2 days ago. I can def feel something....I feel stoned but the anxiety still there. Still have to take one Xanax a day. Have been depending on Xanax for a month now so im terrified of withdrawals. I know it takes a few weeks but panicking that it won't work and I'm also afraid I have Xanax dependency. Would love some feedback/hope folks.....my anxiety was so bad...my gp sent me straight to my local psychiatry unit.....thanks folks

Hey all,
    Mocha please is grand .

I am on weekend leave til Sunday. Finding it very tough tbh. Every noise is louder and amplified finding it hard to handle my children wanting loads of hugs. It's normal behaviour i mean it's been nearly 3 weeks since I saw them.
    I just cannot handle normal things like noise and activity at moment.I also cannot bear to be touched or have people in close proximity to me at moment ;with 2 small boys it's impossible to avoid.

Added to this ; consultant stressed me out totally yesterday so am a bag of worry as a few things were left in limbo.
    I then went to take my meds there for bed prepared by nurses today. I was a bit stressed before I left so didn't check them.
    They gave me the slow release instead of normal Seroquel. I am only sleeping since change to normal Seroquel.
    So meds are wrong and I am totally out of my depth here at home. Finding it hard not to act on my more minor urges ,it gives me relief tbh.
    Dreading rest of weekend ..The wrong meds situation is not needed right now. If I could sleep I'd get relief from my brain. Even with the meds my sleep is quite broken and all over the place so doubt my quality of sleep will be great til I go back on Sunday.

Sorry for venting. I feel as though I am going to implode

Hi folks....how you all doing?? I started in Effexor 37.5mg last week. Didn't feel any effect...not worse, no better. Rang local hospital and doc I spoke told me that dose was too low. I started on 75mg 2 days ago. I can def feel something....I feel stoned but the anxiety still there. Still have to take one Xanax a day. Have been depending on Xanax for a month now so im terrified of withdrawals. I know it takes a few weeks but panicking that it won't work and I'm also afraid I have Xanax dependency. Would love some feedback/hope folks.....my anxiety was so bad...my gp sent me straight to my local psychiatry unit.....thanks folks

How did you get on at psych unit?

It will take a while for effexor to kick in.

Roquentin wrote: »
    freud said love and work because they distract you. when you have a why to live for you can bear almost any how

Hard to apply this at times ... I have a why to live as you say but still question my will to live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

Hey all,
    Mocha please is grand .

I am on weekend leave til Sunday. Finding it very tough tbh. Every noise is louder and amplified finding it hard to handle my children wanting loads of hugs. It's normal behaviour i mean it's been nearly 3 weeks since I saw them.
    I just cannot handle normal things like noise and activity at moment.I also cannot bear to be touched or have people in close proximity to me at moment ;with 2 small boys it's impossible to avoid.

Added to this ; consultant stressed me out totally yesterday so am a bag of worry as a few things were left in limbo.
    I then went to take my meds there for bed prepared by nurses today. I was a bit stressed before I left so didn't check them.
    They gave me the slow release instead of normal Seroquel. I am only sleeping since change to normal Seroquel.
    So meds are wrong and I am totally out of my depth here at home. Finding it hard not to act on my more minor urges ,it gives me relief tbh.
    Dreading rest of weekend ..The wrong meds situation is not needed right now. If I could sleep I'd get relief from my brain. Even with the meds my sleep is quite broken and all over the place so doubt my quality of sleep will be great til I go back on Sunday.

Sorry for venting. I feel as though I am going to implode
    That's what this thread is for as you know venting:) sorry to hear sleep is broken I've been taking sleeping pills to help me get sleep recently but aware of not relying on them, sorry I'm not much help I'm new here and don't think my problem is anxiety but I've a bus journey threw the night so will be on forum if ya need to vent more

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Hard to apply this at times ... I have a why to live as you say but still question my will to live.

quote-love-is-the-ultimate-expression-of-the-will-to-live-tom-wolfe-201053.jpg

• Advertisement

That's what this thread is for as you know venting:) sorry to hear sleep is broken I've been taking sleeping pills to help me get sleep recently but aware of not relying on them, sorry I'm not much help I'm new here and don't think my problem is anxiety but I've a bus journey threw the night so will be on forum if ya need to vent more

Ya I came off sleeping tabs and was left on Seroquel fast release to sleep. But won't have them til Sunday until I go back to dublin.
    No sign of any grogginess yet.

Thanks just all over place at moment. Wishing I hadn't come home tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement