Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Freadiangirl...the were really great at the psych unit....told me the Effexor will take a while....I'm just bloody panicking that it won't bloody work!! I also think I might have a Xanax addiction......in my opinion, that is the best **** ever developed pharmaceutically if that is even a word!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

Ya I came off sleeping tabs and was left on Seroquel fast release to sleep. But won't have them til Sunday until I go back to dublin.
    No sign of any grogginess yet.

Thanks just all over place at moment. Wishing I hadn't come home tbh.

Ya I guess the change to routine isnt ideal, hopefully positive taught will help, like your boys seemed chuffed to see you after so long, that even kinda cheered me up:)

Sorry Freudian....hit submit to fast !! Sorry to hear you are struggling.....what meds are you on? Are you getting any relief?xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

I also think I might have a Xanax addiction......in my opinion, that is the best **** ever developed pharmaceutically if that is even a word!!

that's because it basically is :D

Love it, but had to wean myself off it because I got so worried about developing an addiction that I was getting anxious about it and having to take xanax to deal with the anxiety caused by worrying about taking so much xanax.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,239 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Runningbuddy, it can take a while to find the right med and the right dose.. Try to be patient with yourself and your mind's reaction.. Fingers crossed for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

Sorry Freudian....hit submit to fast !! Sorry to hear you are struggling.....what meds are you on? Are you getting any relief?xx

I got wrong meds given to Me in dublin today. I am back in cork and didn't realise it til an hour ago that meds were wrong.
    It's a silly staff error.
    Just hoping I fall asleep naturally as I have none of my prescribed meds aside from one 15mg tablet.
    I usually take 250 mg of seroquil quick release bit have nothing til Sunday.
    It's annoying. I should have checked before I left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

Hey all,
    I then went to take my meds there for bed prepared by nurses today. I was a bit stressed before I left so didn't check them.
    They gave me the slow release instead of normal Seroquel. I am only sleeping since change to normal Seroquel.

If you bring your medication to the local pharmacy in the morning you should hopefully be able to get an emergency supply of the correct medication.

Also just to bear in mind that usually the slow release doses are different so be careful you're taking the right number of tablets etc.

I got wrong meds given to Me in dublin today. I am back in cork and didn't realise it til an hour ago that meds were wrong.
    It's a silly staff error.
    Just hoping I fall asleep naturally as I have none of my prescribed meds aside from one 15mg tablet.
    I usually take 250 mg of seroquil quick release bit have nothing til Sunday.
    It's annoying. I should have checked before I left

I see you're in Cork; there's a pharmacy open until midnight in Cork but I'm not sure how close it is to you.

http://www.phelans.ie/kinsale-road-roundabout/

ronivek wrote: »
    If you bring your medication to the local pharmacy in the morning you should hopefully be able to get an emergency supply of the correct medication.

Also just to bear in mind that usually the slow release doses are different so be careful you're not taking the right number of tablets etc.

I didn't take the slow release ones as they are incorrect. It's normal Seroquel I take usually and I'd get 5 ish hours of ok ish sleep.

They wouldn't have a copy of updated meds or prescription here in cork though as they were changed in dublin hospital last week. Hmmmm

I didn't take the slow release ones as they are incorrect. It's normal Seroquel I take usually and I'd get 5 ish hours of ok ish sleep.

They wouldn't have a copy of updated meds or prescription here in cork though as they were changed in dublin hospital last week. Hmmmm

You don't need a prescription; a pharmacist should be able to supply you with equivalent medication on an emergency basis. Since you already have the medication they'll simply be giving you a slightly different form of it; which is fine.

Maybe call them and explain the situation; I can't imagine they would have a problem with helping you out.

• Advertisement

Ah **** freaduan girl....is seroquil and anti d? Happened to me a few years ago...I was on Cipramil and I forgot to bring my tabs with me. Just went to a local pharmacy and they gave me a few to tide me over.....most pharmacies will do that....good luck x

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

that's because it basically is :D

Love it, but had to wean myself off it because I got so worried about developing an addiction that I was getting anxious about it and having to take xanax to deal with the anxiety caused by worrying about taking so much xanax.

try rivotrill. like heroin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

freudiangirl - I had a kind of similar situation a few months back, went to my parents' for a few days and left my new card of seroquel at home. I went into a local chemist and the pharmacist gave me enough to do me until I was back home (just 2 or 3 tabs). I just showed him the empty card of seroquel I had. Go in to the chemist in the morning and I'm sure they will sort it out for you.

This link has some tips about minimising self-harm/alternatives and distractions if you're finding it hard to cope at home http://www.thesite.org/mental-health/self-harm/self-harm-coping-tips-and-distractions-5696.html

It'll all be okay. Send me a PM if you need to talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Double post :pac:

I have been on a massive high since going to a concert last night (The Libertines, it was amazing <3). I've been jittery and hyper all day, and feeling massive love for everything (I can physically feel the love, like I feel it in my chest and my throat, it's weird. But also great, one of the upsides of BPD/traits I guess). And spent lots of money. And cleaned a lot. And now I can't sleep.

I'm worried that the come down will be ****ty though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

Started my med for my heart, so nervous taking it and now that I've taken it I feel so anxious :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

GeneralC wrote: »
    Started my med for my heart, so nervous taking it and now that I've taken it I feel so anxious :(
    Hope you can get some sleep, just to get rid of the anxiousness for a while

I'm playing google doc, giving myself all the symptoms that are related to taking this tablet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

GeneralC wrote: »
    I'm playing google doc, giving myself all the symptoms that are related to taking this tablet!

I did the Google doc thing a few weeks ago mate, It's not a good idea. I was terrified after reading side effects from the tablets I had been on:(:(

carzony wrote: »
    I did the Google doc thing a few weeks ago mate, It's not a good idea. I was terrified after reading side effects from the tablets I had been on:(:(

Although I am brutal for taking tablets, like a lot of us are, I think we're forgetting that they are to given to us to help us and treat a condition. When I am taking them I feel I am taking something that is going to hurt me!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,239 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I refuse to look at anything other than the common side effects listing. Doctor Google just leads to panic the fecker.. Struggling with tiredness today. Cannot wait to get home to bed.

• Advertisement

Hey all. ..thanks for advice re meds.
    Am awake nearly all night just dozed briefly.
    Dreading today when I have to put on my mask and act normal.Just cannot face it.

Meant to be going to the pictures with son and partner today to see the minions.
    Just hate feeling this way.

Oh that's not easy Freudiangirl, you'll get through though.. I'm just finished work.. Probably shouldn't have had therapy before it.. Times like that make me so grateful for this thread.. You be able to watch the movie so you get a little respite from reality?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I hope everyone here has a good weekend there.

Oh that's not easy Freudiangirl, you'll get through though.. I'm just finished work.. Probably shouldn't have had therapy before it.. Times like that make me so grateful for this thread.. You be able to watch the movie so you get a little respite from reality?

I don't know feeling quite overwhelmed still and cannot really handle noise so movies might be hard.

Hi Hugo, hope you're doing ok..

Freudiangirl, make the decision to go or not closer to the time.. It's ok to say no if you have to..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Hi Hugo, hope you're doing ok..

Not too bad. Am on a train to Dublin. Facing my fear. Kinda nervous :o

Good luck Hugo...you sound good:)....... **** night....no sleep and had to recharge for a sleeping tablet again!!! Effexor supposed to help with that but my body exhausted but I'm mind won't shut off.

Anyone on a combo of anti ds and another med to help sleep?? I'm trying to stay away from Google!!xx

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lefty1980

Hi everyone, was just wondering if anyone has any experience of Sertraline (SSRI) for anxiety/depression. I have been prescribed this and Xanex (short term) and I'm terrified of taking both, cheers in advance!

No experience of that particularly anti d lefty but as far as I'm aware, Xanax is safe to take with most anti d's short term....hope you feel better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 lefty1980

Cheers Runningbuddy, I'm even afraid to take the Xanex on its own, pretty bad!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement