Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

heyday30 wrote: »
    Sometimes the breathing techniques are tough alright.

Another one I was told about is to put on a song you like and mouth/sing the words. Singing is all about controlled breath plus your mind is occupied and concentrating.

Never heard of that, might give it a try. I feel like my sinuses are all bunged up all the time so it makes it difficult.

How have you been H? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭NicoleW85

Did someone say drinks?? :D

I made an executive decision 20 mins ago - im gonna get my best clothes on in the morning, do my makeup and go job hunting. If I get one in donegal while I wait to hear from the million applications I've already made in Wicklow, it's better than moping around all day.
    Here's hoping anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

mg1982 wrote: »
    Never heard of that, might give it a try. I feel like my sinuses are all bunged up all the time so it makes it difficult.

How have you been H? :)

I know yea. I think my counsellor was taking the piss have the time lol

I'm good for the most part mg. Trying not to be moaning as much,
    Yourself?

heyday30 wrote: »
    I know yea. I think my counsellor was taking the piss have the time lol

I'm good for the most part mg. Trying not to be moaning as much,
    Yourself?

There might be something too it though.

Im doing ok H. Mainly dealing with physical problems like joint pain and chronic fatigue. My shoulder is killing me tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

Im doing ok H. Mainly dealing with physical problems like joint pain and chronic fatigue. My shoulder is killing me tonight.

Oh that's terrible. Do you get a lot of pain? I always seem to have something bothering me and pain really makes it much harder to look after yourself. Do you find heat helpful?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Hope that pain eases up soon mg.
    fatigue and that is a bitch

So I'm in my comfy clothes, no makeup on & refuse to leave the house - the weather is rotten here. I think I'll apply for as many jobs online as I can. See, I'm all talk :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

NicoleW85 wrote: »
    So I'm in my comfy clothes, no makeup on & refuse to leave the house - the weather is rotten here. I think I'll apply for as many jobs online as I can. See, I'm all talk :p

Being all talk is grand Nicole! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,239 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Morning all. Just after therapy so feeling a bit battered and bruised.

Morning all. Just after therapy so feeling a bit battered and bruised.

*hugs*

You're doing great there, Grem! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,239 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It was hard, as usual, but month by month i can see where i'm changing a bit.

Oh that's terrible. Do you get a lot of pain? I always seem to have something bothering me and pain really makes it much harder to look after yourself. Do you find heat helpful?

I dont find heat makes much difference. Its the chronic fatigue thats the biggest problem but the joint pain is creeping up now. I feel like an old man, cant see myself living past 40 at this rate. :pac:

I dont find heat makes much difference. Its the chronic fatigue thats the biggest problem but the joint pain is creeping up now. I feel like an old man, cant see myself living past 40 at this rate. :pac:

I know that feeling! My joints all creak and crack when I move and I'm only meant to be young! I think fatigue is becoming more of a problem for me lately. Do you suffer from ME or CFS or anything? I have EDS, which seems to cause all sorts of problems!

I know that feeling! My joints all creak and crack when I move and I'm only meant to be young! I think fatigue is becoming more of a problem for me lately. Do you suffer from ME or CFS or anything? I have EDS, which seems to cause all sorts of problems!

There is something physical underlying the fatigue and the joint pain but i havent had it diagnosed. I havent much faith in doctors at this stage as they will only tell me go back to my psychiatrist or up the med dosage. Not sure what to do about it at this stage but as i get older its getting worse.

Whats EDS again scrim, is it a type of eating disorder?

There is something physical underlying the fatigue and the joint pain but i havent had it diagnosed. I havent much faith in doctors at this stage as they will only tell me go back to my psychiatrist or up the med dosage. Not sure what to do about it at this stage but as i get older its getting worse.

Whats EDS again scrim, is it a type of eating disorder?

It's a collagen disorder. Hypermobile joints that get damaged easily and arthritis sets in very early. It's often associated with a lot of fatigue, fibromyalgia and anxiety

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Anyone around? i'm bored

carzony wrote: »
    Anyone around? i'm bored

I'm here Carzony. :)

anything going on? i had crazy vertigo there for a while. felt like i was spinning around the room ha..

anything going on? i had crazy vertigo there for a while. felt like i was spinning around the room ha..

Sorry to hear that man.

Watching any good tv shows there lately, friend?

no t.v in the bedroom so the computer does me. i like looking through youtube loads on it and time goes fairly quickly..

• Advertisement

no t.v in the bedroom so the computer does me. i like looking through youtube loads on it and time goes fairly quickly..

I'm a HUGE fan of YouTube! Sooo much good stuff on there.

Heyo to you both.. I once got stuck on youtube, searched for stop motion animation and didn't surface for like nine hours.

Heyo to you both.. I once got stuck on youtube, searched for stop motion animation and didn't surface for like nine hours.

You've just gotten even cooler to me, Grem! I didn't think you could surpass your already astonishing level of cyber-coolness!

How hardcore are you lot or am
    I the only one who is still awake? That's what I get for sleeping for 3 hours after dinner haha.

You've just gotten even cooler to me, Grem! I didn't think you could surpass your already astonishing level of cyber-coolness!

Crikey I thought that was bordering on one of my more embarrassing of confessions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 PassedUp

Amazing how it hits you when you least expect. The harsh feeling of weakness, the rapid heart beat, which lasts for about 5 minutes, then the lingering sadness which seems to last for days.

PassedUp wrote: »
    Amazing how it hits you when you least expect. The harsh feeling of weakness, the rapid heart beat, which lasts for about 5 minutes, then the lingering sadness which seems to last for days.

Absolute truth there. Trying to explain to therapist that there is not always a trigger doesn't seem to make sense to her but it does..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Hi guys hope things are ok

Hey Fr, how you doing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 fredtbvfh

I have been feeling great, but I have a lot of trouble with my ex. He's definitely playing mind games with me. He sent me messages today while I was out on the first date I've had in ages and I couldn't focus on my date. I know SO much how I shouldn't be giving him my time or attention but I seriously cannot help it.

But then as I was trying to come back to my date. I started feeling awkward, shy, like I was holding myself back :( I could tell he was into me and I thought he was very good looking but I just felt like I wasnt worthy of his attention. . I would like to see him again but these feelings put me in a very dark place because the last proper relationship I was in i got hurt soooooo badly.. i need some one to talk to but no one understands how afraid I am...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement