Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Hey Fr, how you doing?

Ah it's a rollercoaster isn't it...but hope is important and I have that now more than ever. A bit of strength to be truly consistent in looking after myself and I should get over that threshold very soon. How you doing Grem?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

fredtbvfh wrote: »
    I have been feeling great, but I have a lot of trouble with my ex. He's definitely playing mind games with me. He sent me messages today while I was out on the first date I've had in ages and I couldn't focus on my date. I know SO much how I shouldn't be giving him my time or attention but I seriously cannot help it.

But then as I was trying to come back to my date. I started feeling awkward, shy, like I was holding myself back :( I could tell he was into me and I thought he was very good looking but I just felt like I wasnt worthy of his attention. . I would like to see him again but these feelings put me in a very dark place because the last proper relationship I was in i got hurt soooooo badly.. i need some one to talk to but no one understands how afraid I am...

By the sounds of it your ex isn't worth the time of day and has affected you in these ways, go on another date with the new guy just do it!! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,239 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hi Fredtbv, self esteem is a big thing here.. I'm on this group therapy process that includes an hour one to one therapy a week.. I always thought anger was one of my biggest issues and it sounds like you have something similar so welcome to the thread you'll meet some great folk to talk this stuff out with..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

Oh ****

Been drinking
    Thank feck for good friends

Room spins

Bad call?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,239 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Just make sure that you keep in touch with people even here later today. The downer after beer can be rough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭NicoleW85

How's everyone today?
    Ever just wish some tragic accident would occur that might wipe you out because then it would be an 'easy way out'?
    I'd never have the guts to take my own life but there are times I just wish life would be easier for everyone close to me if I were gone. Not feeling sorry for myself, just being real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

NicoleW85 wrote: »
    How's everyone today?
    Ever just wish some tragic accident would occur that might wipe you out because then it would be an 'easy way out'?
    I'd never have the guts to take my own life but there are times I just wish life would be easier for everyone close to me if I were gone. Not feeling sorry for myself, just being real.

I often fantasize about that happening nicole. I lack the courage to go through with it myself even though i was once very close. Just feels like everyday is the same, constant struggle. Life shouldnt be like this but it is.

It's awfully hard to explain yourself to people who don't have a mental illness. I often wonder, do psychiatrists, psychologists and various therapists TRULY understand, just because they've passed enough exams and read enough text books to 'qualify' them as said therapists? Just when you feel yourself regaining some form of control then BAM! Another setback to deal with. It's such a tiring journey...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

How's everyone today?

I constantly think those kind of thoughts Nicole. Like you also said, I doubt I'd ever be able to take my own life.

Just another weekend here. Nothing to do and nobody to do it with. Just gonna stuff my fat face is all lol

I think unless you actually experience it then you will never truly understand what its like. Reading all the books in the world wont change that. Thats why i dont have a whole lot of faith in the medical side of things even though i know it does help a lot of people.

• Advertisement

Just another weekend here. Nothing to do and nobody to do it with. Just gonna stuff my fat face is all lol

Now that sounds appealing. I feel like heading to the chipper and ordering one of everything haha. Oh the joys of being us hey? :D

Now that sounds appealing. I feel like heading to the chipper and ordering one of everything haha. Oh the joys of being us hey? :D

It is the life we live!

Any plans there for the weekend Nicole & MG?

Oh no this weekend it's just the telly for company. I've twisted something in my back so movement isn't easy. Himself is out pottering with the car - we're going to a 2 day show next weekend in the north so he's making sure it's in good nick haha. The joys of being married to a petrol head. *rolls eyes*.
    So what's on the telly later? Any recommendations? Haha

It is the life we live!

Any plans there for the weekend Nicole & MG?

Have a tummy bug so wont be venturing too far hugo. Its my birthday today too so no birthday cake for me. Just sitting on the couch watching football is all i will be doing.

mg1982 wrote: »
    Have a tummy bug so wont be venturing too far hugo. Its my birthday today too so no birthday cake for me. Just sitting on the couch watching football is all i will be doing.

Sorry to hear that man.

Belated happy birthday too, friend! :)

Sorry to hear that man.

Belated happy birthday too, friend! :)

Thanks hugo. Turn 33 today so getting on lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

It's awfully hard to explain yourself to people who don't have a mental illness. I often wonder, do psychiatrists, psychologists and various therapists TRULY understand, just because they've passed enough exams and read enough text books to 'qualify' them as said therapists? Just when you feel yourself regaining some form of control then BAM! Another setback to deal with. It's such a tiring journey...

Ya sometimes I feel my therapist focuses too much on my positives and we skirt over the negatives. But I do find him helpful but I think he just has too much faith in me

Let's all sing to mg! Here's your imaginary cake, now blow out your imaginary candles! :D at least it won't make you any more sick than you already are haha

Let's all sing to mg! Here's your imaginary cake, now blow out your imaginary candles! :D at least it won't make you any more sick than you already are haha

I actually have a real cake on the kitchen table, as nice as it looks i cant eat it yet. Maybe tomorrow. But thanks anyway. :P

Happy birthday mg!

Hung over to feck today. FML.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Happy birthday MG!! Hope you feel better soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

Happy Birthday MG. I hope you feel better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

I actually have a real cake on the kitchen table, as nice as it looks i cant eat it yet. Maybe tomorrow. But thanks anyway. :P

Oh I'd Prolly have the cake gone. Couldn't do that Just have it staring in front of me. Happy Birthday mg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Starting a new job next week and I'm not looking forward to it. Was my own choice too but I'm not enthusiastic about it now. New city, new people, new everything. Am never enthusiastic about anything.

veganrun wrote: »
    Starting a new job next week and I'm not looking forward to it. Was my own choice too but I'm not enthusiastic about it now. New city, new people, new everything. Am never enthusiastic about anything.

Best of luck with it VR. You'll be ok. :)

Sometimes just thinking about new starts can be a heart stopping experience, but hopefully once you get your first day over you and get chatting to a few friendly people you'll start to relax and settle in. Ok first day might be ambitious - give it a week or so ;)

Thanks folks. The cake is still intact. Still sick today so wont be going near it. Im terrible when im like this, im like a bear with a sore paw, dont want anyone around me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Happy birthday mg mate. Hope you feel better soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

Thanks folks. The cake is still intact. Still sick today so wont be going near it. Im terrible when im like this, im like a bear with a sore paw, dont want anyone around me.

I'm a terrible patient as well. Hopefully it will pass soon. Then you can treat yourself once you're better.

• Advertisement

How's everyone this evening?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement