Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

You poor thing. Is there any particular reason why you are struggling at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

Sorry to hear things are so tough Freudiangirl. Can you do anything kind for yourself?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hey Freudiangirl, would you call a helpline or go to casualty?. If not thanks for posting on thread.. We might be strangers but we're all here for each other. Try be nice to yourself for now if you can at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭timecurve12

Does anyone else feel that your mind is sort of split; one side very despairing and despondent, mostly negative. The other side more positive, an observer to the first side. And it's like a constant battle between the two. The more positive side of me just observes how, basically, how suicidal I am, and thinks, 'hmm this is quite worrying.' I feel a little scared of my state of mind at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Does anyone else feel that your mind is sort of split; one side very despairing and despondent, mostly negative. The other side more positive, an observer to the first side. And it's like a constant battle between the two. The more positive side of me just observes how, basically, how suicidal I am, and thinks, 'hmm this is quite worrying.' I feel a little scared of my state of mind at the moment.

It might be a positive that in your own mind you can take a step back and observe your negative thoughts in that way. It might give you some element of control over them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Everyone asleep? :)

i spent most of the day in bed but god i enjoyed the relaxation of it. I'm still having problems with panic though. I've been asked by the councellor to do meditation but it's so difficult to get in the mood to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Hey Freudiangirl, would you call a helpline or go to casualty?. If not thanks for posting on thread.. We might be strangers but we're all here for each other. Try be nice to yourself for now if you can at all.

By go to casualty you mean inflict 23 hours of additional hell on themselves?

Im not getting at you just commenting on the deplorable state of our health service.

Cutting yourself, is a brief solution to a bigger problem. If you feel the urge, come on this thread. Or PM someone. Me or someone else. Its not the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Back to work today

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭NicoleW85

Rejection numbers 4 & 5 arrived in my inbox this morning. As per usual, they didn't ask to see me first. I've been over my CV a million times (seriously) and there's nothing more I can do to it. So they're judging me by 2 pages of information. Not feeling too happy atm - the 'dream' of moving to Wicklow is slipping away.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

NicoleW85 wrote: »
    Rejection numbers 4 & 5 arrived in my inbox this morning. As per usual, they didn't ask to see me first. I've been over my CV a million times (seriously) and there's nothing more I can do to it. So they're judging me by 2 pages of information. Not feeling too happy atm - the 'dream' of moving to Wicklow is slipping away.

That's tough NicoleW

Is there a particular area your applying for? The hospitality industry in wicklow seems to always be looking for staff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Anyone else get down/depressed by things that should make you happy?

I'm starting a new job next week and not looking forward to it. There's part of it I have concerns about and I'm worried I won't be able to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Mostly the despairing negative side. I do get the odd high and positive side though.

efb wrote: »
    Back to work today

How do feel about that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭timecurve12

mg1982 wrote: »
    It might be a positive that in your own mind you can take a step back and observe your negative thoughts in that way. It might give you some element of control over them.

Yeah that's basically I think happens, it's like an unconsious mindfullness technique. I just sort of take a step back and observe, and I feel like maybe it isn't the only solution... but I'm like spending most of my time in a battle between the two opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

How do feel about that?

Was anxious, but it went well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

Hey all, am in St pats in dublin and started a dbt programme so feel that this is contributing to the urges.

Thanks for your concerns though.
    I need physical pain or blood to distract from inner turmoil.

I can't stop thinking about wanting to die and resentment towards those who stopped me last 2 times as well as self hatred towards myself.

Life sucks. I need to convince myself why I should live but I cannot

Quiet in here. Hope everyone is doing ok.

Spent the last 5 days with horrible stomach cramps. If this keeps up i will have to go to docs or maybe hospital pain is so bad. Oh the dread of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Quiet in here. Hope everyone is doing ok.

Spent the last 5 days with horrible stomach cramps. If this keeps up i will have to go to docs or maybe hospital pain is so bad. Oh the dread of it.

Jeeze mg. your really suffering with the belly. Were you given anything for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

Hey all, am in St pats in dublin and started a dbt programme so feel that this is contributing to the urges.

I can't stop thinking about wanting to die and resentment towards those who stopped me last 2 times as well as self hatred towards myself.

Hope your ok, I'm sorry I don't have great words of encouragement but I hope you find the strength to get through

heyday30 wrote: »
    Jeeze mg. your really suffering with the belly. Were you given anything for it?

Just been taking Panadol and immodium which does nothing. I find if i dont eat the pain goes away. Unfortunately i likes me food.

Just been taking Panadol and immodium which does nothing. I find if i dont eat the pain goes away. Unfortunately i likes me food.

I know your plight unfortunatly. I would go to you ur gp there are medicines to stop the cramping.

• Advertisement

I know your plight unfortunatly. I would go to you ur gp there are medicines to stop the cramping.

Will have to bite the bullet and go see him. Even though i hate the thought of it.

How was your day H?

Hi F. Sometimes with these courses you can feel a bit worse before the benifits kick in. Have heard good things about the dbt programme. Hope it helps you in the long run.

Will have to bite the bullet and go see him. Even though i hate the thought of it.

How was your day H?

Doing well today mg thanks. Had a bit of a pamper day,hair done n the like so feeling brighter :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Hi all ... I've previously posted in this thread under my old username (mocha please)

Hope everyone's doing well. Or as well as they can be!

My recent admission to St Pats wasn't the magic bullet I thought it would be. I didn't come out fixed; far from it. I'm going for an assessment at a different hospital tomorrow, but to be honest I can't see it working out. I've spent too long away from home and work and real life. I can't go into such a confined environment again so soon.

I'm beginning to think I won't really ever get better, so just have to learn to make the most of life with the way I am now.

I guess at least I'm on the right medication now (I think), and at least I've identified/addressed some of my problems.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Hope you're all well tonight. It has been a while since I posted here. I still check in to have a look from time to time. It's great(and not so great in another way) to see some new regular posters. Great in terms of folks not being afraid to post and share their stories and experiences. I mean we all know there is a lot more folks out there in the same boat. We are not alone.

Has anyone found any new or effective coping methods for their panic or anxiety attacks?

I was actually wondering where you had gone to as well! I knew you hadn't posted in ages. Nor have I for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭NicoleW85

I feel bad - I wish I could protect everyone who's feeling 'fragile' and ensure they're surrounded by a protective bubble. But that's just not possible. I never know the right thing to say - sometimes words are cheap. But anything I say is genuine and from the heart. I may not know you or the full extent of your troubles, but I care.

Yah there are meds for the cramping. I honestly find them a lifesaver. Also maybe mention to your doctor about the low fodmap diet. My gp told me to go on it. It makes such a difference. For example I know I can't eat garlic or high fructose syrup. Two things which are in a lot of foods. If you are on facebook there are a few groups out there for support. It actually is life changing. I went from having stomach cramps from 4 to 5 times a week to a few times per month.
    Doing well today mg thanks. Had a bit of a pamper day,hair done n the like so feeling brighter :)

Lucky you. I'd love a day like that. Glad you feel brighter :)

greenfrogs wrote: »
    Yah there are meds for the cramping. I honestly find them a lifesaver. Also maybe mention to your doctor about the low fodmap diet. My gp told me to go on it. It makes such a difference. For example I know I can't eat garlic or high fructose syrup. Two things which are in a lot of foods. If you are on facebook there are a few groups out there for support. It actually is life changing. I went from having stomach cramps from 4 to 5 times a week to a few times per month.

Lucky you. I'd love a day like that. Glad you feel brighter :)

Might look into doing a food intolerance test to see whats not agreeing with me. The fodmap sounds like a good idea too.

Yah do. It's so hard to feel good mentally if, you don't feel good physically. At least make sure you get to the cause of it. Sometimes it's easy to become accustomed to the pain when, we shouldn't have to.

• Advertisement

greenfrogs wrote: »
    Yah do. It's so hard to feel good mentally if, you don't feel good physically. At least make sure you get to the cause of it. Sometimes it's easy to become accustomed to the pain when, we shouldn't have to.

The pain i had the last few days i could never get used to was unbearable. Its funny how IBS seems to go with anxiety and depression. You would wonder how a bad stomach could effect your mental well being.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement