Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

I was like that for my first interview after being out sick. Honestly I just went with the flow even though I really really didn't want to go. I didn't do anything to prepare and I was cranky for days before it. I just looked at it like it was a learning experience. It was a terrible interview. It lasted 10 minutes but it made my next interview easier. One thing I will say though is that if you don't want the job that is going to come across in the interview unless you make an effort to be enthusiastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

What I really hate is when I get in any way stressed I start getting way OTT, I've been snappy all evening and my head is going from 0 to 60 immediately... "I don't want to do the interview" next thought: "I want to kill myself". Argh.

Sometimes it seems the stress and anxiety of doing something makes it not worthwhile doing. I nearly didn't go to my last interview because I thought I would be so high on anxiety after it that there was no point to doing it. It's crap when your mind works against you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

greenfrogs wrote: »
    Sometimes it seems the stress and anxiety of doing something makes it not worthwhile doing. I nearly didn't go to my last interview because I thought I would be so high on anxiety after it that there was no point to doing it. It's crap when your mind works against you.

Alas that's often the case with our kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Best of luck for the interview Scrim. Even just doing the interview will be a great success, try not to worry about anything after that. And if you decide you don't want to do it, that's okay. We have to make the choices that are right for us.

I was meant to go to the cinema today with a friend but feeling pretty ****ty so didn't go in the end (physical ****tyness as opposed to mental for a change). It's a shame cause I really wanted to go (we were going to see Inside Out).

Hope everyone here is doing okay. And if you're not, remember that you've managed to fight your way to this moment and you can keep going. We're all here to cheer you on.

• Advertisement

There will be another time to go to the cinema hopefully. I really want to see Inside out. I've no one to go with though.

Hope everyone here is doing okay. And if you're not, remember that you've managed to fight your way to this moment and you can keep going. We're all here to cheer you on.

Nicely said there EI! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭alaskayoung

I feel so sick from eating. I can't stand my reflection in the mirror anymore. Seeing my psychologist for the first time in a month on Friday and dreading it because of this. Last time I saw her she was warning me about the dangers of anorexia and when she sees me now she's going to think I'm such a joke. I want to hide from the world.

I feel so sick from eating. I can't stand my reflection in the mirror anymore. Seeing my psychologist for the first time in a month on Friday and dreading it because of this. Last time I saw her she was warning me about the dangers of anorexia and when she sees me now she's going to think I'm such a joke. I want to hide from the world.

She won't think you're a joke, she will just want to help you get better. I know how difficult it is to open up about ED stuff, but do talk to her about how you're feeling. Also, there's a really good app for ED recovery called Recovery Record - you should check it out.

Also, no shame in going to the cinema by yourself if you really want to see Inside Out! I've often went by myself and had a nice, relaxing time. Early screenings are usually best time for going alone cause they're often quieter and cheaper.

Usually but the fact it is a kids film means that most cinemas will be busy during the day which puts me off. I may treat myself though. I need something fun to do.

• Advertisement

Maybe late screenings would be best for it so. Speaking of kids films, here's a a video of the minion that got loose in Dublin a few days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Has anyone else here had issues so severe they've had to try multiple years of university again and again? :(

No but I do have a very poor work background. I'm 28 and have no career, not even a job. It's very different from a lot of people I went to school with. I try not to dwell on it. You'll get there. Unfortunately these issues seem to affect college and work greatly.

No but I do have a very poor work background. I'm 28 and have no career, not even a job. It's very different from a lot of people I went to school with. I try not to dwell on it. You'll get there. Unfortunately these issues seem to affect college and work greatly.

Some imagination and hard work can go a long way. You can catch them up and surpass them when you're feeling better :)

Right back at ya

Right back at ya

I'm going to take over the world! :D

That lead me to youtube and pinky and the brain. Are you pondering what l'm pondering? Such a good show.

That lead me to youtube and pinky and the brain. Are you pondering what l'm pondering? Such a good show.

:D:D I do often use that as a reference point. How apt...What do you want to do tonight, greenfrogs? The same thing we do every night...

fr336 wrote: »
    Has anyone else here had issues so severe they've had to try multiple years of university again and again? :(

Yep. Got through on the third attempt, although not by very much.

Yep. Got through on the third attempt, although not by very much.

You got over the line, and that is success right there Hugo!

• Advertisement

You got over the line, and that is success right there Hugo!

Thanks man. You'll get there too! :)

I'm hoping experience in work will make up for the low grade.

How's our FR this morning? Did I read something about Pinky & The Brain in here? lol

Thanks man. You'll get there too! :)

I'm hoping experience in work will make up for the low grade.

How's our FR this morning? Did I read something about Pinky & The Brain in here? lol

My heroes.

My heroes.

I used to love The Animaniacs back in the day. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Scrim gives good advice. Also ask them how much travel will be required over the next year. If it's a one off then maybe it might be more manageable. If there's a high possibility it will be a regular thing then maybe that can help you decide if this job is for you or not.

I don't think you are being irrational at all. I would be the exact same. Find out all the information you can and then make an informed decision.

Best of luck in the interview Scrim. Sometimes even doing sonething like an interview can be a confidence booster.

Panic, anxiety, nausea, some sweats, can't face this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Its gonna be a bad day for anxiety for me, was sick again last night and I'm in work now, I cant have anymore sick days for another 4 months due to a bad flu that kept me out, I've taken tablets etc so hoping I'm ok.....kinda jittery now thinking I might get sick in work :o

I'm really annoyed about this now. There was no mention at any point of them wanting me to go to the US. Had I known this, I'm not sure I would have accepted the job, or even applied.

I will listen to what they have to say today but I am extremely reluctant to go and becoming resentful about the fact.

Maybe its not a requirement or can be done remotely, but I feel like if I say no, I will be basically pushing myself out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Hi folks...haven't been on in a while. Hope you are all doing okay. Have had a **** few weeks. Ended up in psych as a day patient 2 weeks ago and was prescribed Lyrica and sleeping tabs until the Effexor kicked in. This is my 4th week on Effexor and actually feel okay....took the full 4 weeks though:mad:. The Lyrica was awful...was to take it for 4 weeks but packed it in after 2 weeks. The Lyrica was prescribed to take the edge of the anxiety ...the psych felt it was a safer option than Xanax (god, I love my Xanax!!).

The sleep is still all over the shop....but the psych suggested just keep taking the sleeping tabs....getting sleep is more important and he is hoping as the Effexor takes effect, I should be able to sleep.

I am on 75mg of Effexor....psych was considering upping the dose to 150mg but am doing okay at the minute...if I could get the sleep sorted...I'd be okay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Hi folks...haven't been on in a while. Hope you are all doing okay. Have had a **** few weeks. Ended up in psych as a day patient 2 weeks ago and was prescribed Lyrica and sleeping tabs until the Effexor kicked in. This is my 4th week on Effexor and actually feel okay....took the full 4 weeks though:mad:. The Lyrica was awful...was to take it for 4 weeks but packed it in after 2 weeks. The Lyrica was prescribed to take the edge of the anxiety ...the psych felt it was a safer option than Xanax (god, I love my Xanax!!).

The sleep is still all over the shop....but the psych suggested just keep taking the sleeping tabs....getting sleep is more important and he is hoping as the Effexor takes effect, I should be able to sleep.

I am on 75mg of Effexor....psych was considering upping the dose to 150mg but am doing okay at the minute...if I could get the sleep sorted...I'd be okay!

Good to hear that the effexor has kicked in there. At least now you have the anxiety under control. Hopefully you get the sleep sorted soon.

Is it too soon to get in touch with another company that made me an offer to see if they have anything available? They told me to call them if I didn't like it here and tbh, I really don't want to travel, even if its only a one off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

Didn't do the interview. Having a bad day

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement