Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭NicoleW85

That's positive! Hopefully there will be alternative medication that doesn't 'bring on' depression as a side effect. I'd hope they wouldn't prescribe an anti-depressant to counter balance what you're already on... long term effects etc... And a holiday could really do you the world of good! We seriously lack vitamin D in our beautiful country, so go somewhere hot and stock up for the winter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

I find it the strangest thing that most nights, nights are the mos depressing part about living. all the horrible thoughts come to you. the fears the nightmares. like im sitting on the couch not even sleeping and i feel like the only person in the world. like there is absolutely no need for it. like it puts the anxiety levels up it makes me start to panic and begin a deep fall into a low depression. this sudden realization that im here on my own making mistakes struggling with living. Cant understand where this sudden depression just comes out of. Night time is always the worst time, i hate talking to anyone because its this time im in my most depressed state. no matter how much happiness is surrounding me i will keep a negative blanket over me protecting me from this opposite emotion to what im feeling. I really hate it and all my friends know that night time is the worst time to speak to me. its like a disease i just cant shake. could have the best week, time of my life but come close to midnight im awake im depressed and i hate everything. But i guess i can be happy that most mornings i wake up with a smile knowing i have another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Jhcx wrote: »
    I find it the strangest thing that most nights, nights are the mos depressing part about living. all the horrible thoughts come to you. the fears the nightmares. like im sitting on the couch not even sleeping and i feel like the only person in the world. like there is absolutely no need for it. like it puts the anxiety levels up it makes me start to panic and begin a deep fall into a low depression. this sudden realization that im here on my own making mistakes struggling with living. Cant understand where this sudden depression just comes out of. Night time is always the worst time, i hate talking to anyone because its this time im in my most depressed state. no matter how much happiness is surrounding me i will keep a negative blanket over me protecting me from this opposite emotion to what im feeling. I really hate it and all my friends know that night time is the worst time to speak to me. its like a disease i just cant shake. could have the best week, time of my life but come close to midnight im awake im depressed and i hate everything. But i guess i can be happy that most mornings i wake up with a smile knowing i have another day.

God I HATE nights...the mind racing at 100 mph..hence the time of this post..
    Cant wait for the morning to arrive so I can go for a run..

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭alaskayoung

Hair is falling out like crazy. I want to cry. Everytime I touch it, it just comes out in my hands. I am not taking Cymbalta anymore. It's destroying me. I'm pretty sure if my psych was around she'd do the same thing. I really want to try Wellbutrin but doubt she'll prescribe it to me because of my eating disorder history. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

Any advice on how to get your appetite back. I haven't eaten properly since last Saturday lunch time. I am just not hungry at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Monetta31

Hi Alaskayoung , sorry for your hair , i was in same situation last year before to make total tiroidectomy . My tsh was very low . I used Bioxsine femina herbal conditioner, multivitamine and mineral caps and biotin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Any advice on how to get your appetite back. I haven't eaten properly since last Saturday lunch time. I am just not hungry at all.

Hi F. Maybe try to see eating as something that is nourishing for body and mind and that you are taking care of yourself by eating something. But i know its a hard thing to do.

mg1982 wrote: »
    Hi F. Maybe try to see eating as something that is nourishing for body and mind and that you are taking care of yourself by eating something. But i know its a hard thing to do.

I just can't eat at all.

I just can't eat at all.

Does eating make you feel sick or is it just the thought of it.

Maybe try with very small amounts and eating something you like.

Does eating make you feel sick or is it just the thought of it.

Maybe try with very small amounts and eating something you like.

I am not hungry and the idea of eating doesn't even appeal to me.
    They are starting to bother me about it now but can't even think about putting food in my mouth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭NicoleW85

I am not hungry and the idea of eating doesn't even appeal to me.
    They are starting to bother me about it now but can't even think about putting food in my mouth.

This is only an idea, but could you subconsciously be starving yourself because you don't feel like you deserve to?
    Try telling yourself that you aren't eating for pleasure- it's purely for survival... You need to keep your strength up hun- even starting with a slice of buttery toast would be better than nothing:)

NicoleW85 wrote: »
    This is only an idea, but could you subconsciously be starving yourself because you don't feel like you deserve to?
    Try telling yourself that you aren't eating for pleasure- it's purely for survival... You need to keep your strength up hun- even starting with a slice of buttery toast would be better than nothing:)

Well my mood is quite low and appetite and sleep goes when I feel that way so there could be an element of truth to what you say.

Even though I know I need to eat,I can't make myself.

Even reading about the toast makes me feel ill.

Just feeling nothing at moment. Hate it.

I also self harmed again today.its so sore. I'm totally fed up and don't even know how I feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

could you try a thin soup? It's be almost like just having a hot drink rather than eating

I have one thing I know I need ....and I can't ask for it. I need a hug from a particular person.
    But its not an option any more.

could you try a thin soup? It's be almost like just having a hot drink rather than eating

I can manage tea but that's it.
    I don't know,I can only remember one time where I got like this and it was after my 2nd son was born.

I hate my bodie's reactions to things other people can deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I have one thing I know I need ....and I can't ask for it. I need a hug from a particular person.
    But its not an option any more.

So sorry to hear that, FG. :(

So sorry to hear that, FG. :(

It is what it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

It is what it is.

It won't always be this way though. We'll get better.

It won't always be this way though. We'll get better.

It's been about 4 years ...and it keeps getting worse. Well for me anyway.
    I am tired now but know if I sleep, I won't sleep properly tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Ah I'm wrecked :( Constant adrenaline fatigue

• Advertisement

Is that adrenaline fatigue or adrenal fatigue your talking about.

I know what you mean about the adrenaline. When you feel constantly on edge and your senses are heightened over a long period of time it does knacker you out.

How is life with you fr?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Is that adrenaline fatigue or adrenal fatigue your talking about.

I know what you mean about the adrenaline. When you feel constantly on edge and your senses are heightened over a long period of time it does knacker you out.

How is life with you fr?

Er, one of the two :P

Life is a disaster but not a permanent one I hope. I just need to cut out the bad diet, which sounds so easy when you're going through all this on a daily basis but when you're this deep you just cling to comfort and can't see the woods for the trees :(

How are you?

fr336 wrote: »
    Er, one of the two :P

Life is a disaster but not a permanent one I hope. I just need to cut out the bad diet, which sounds so easy when you're going through all this on a daily basis but when you're this deep you just cling to comfort and can't see the woods for the trees :(

How are you?

I know that feeling all too well not being able to see the wood for the trees. It is very hard to stick to a good diet allright but it might be worth it.

Im doing ok fr. Still struggling along. Its a marathon not a sprint i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I recently bought a blender and have my 5 a day in one, quick drink in the mornings :) I have also struggled with the diet thing 'good' food is so expensive and not very tasty. It's important to convince yourself that a healthy diet could solve your problems though:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

carzony wrote: »
    I recently bought a blender and have my 5 a day in one, quick drink in the mornings :) I have also struggled with the diet thing 'good' food is so expensive and not very tasty. It's important to convince yourself that a healthy diet could solve your problems though:)

What do you put in yours? Been thinking of doing this myself.

So I'm in a bit of a horns of a dilemma. My new job wanted me to go abroad for a couple of weeks but didn't mention it until after I started working there. It threw me into a panic and a lot of stress and anxiety. As a result I started sussing out other jobs, rightly or wrongly.

As it turns out, a previous company who I turned down are still interested. I was tempted to take their offer a while ago but had already committed to my current place and wanted to give it a chance so I had to refuse their offer.

I'm somewhat tempted as its much closer to where I'm living and a bit of extra money. My current commute is approximately 3 hours per day (90 mins each way door to door) with a mix of driving and the train to get there. Its ok at the moment as the weather is good and the evenings bright but in the winter, I'm not going to want to do it I don't think and almost certainly not long term. That leaves me two options, move closer to my current work or get a job closer to where I live. At present I don't want to move house and the job market close to home is not great, even though I work in IT.

Its funny. I was starting to settle in my current job and they dropped the travel thing on me. Had they never mentioned it, I might have been happy enough where I am.

I guess my worry is leaving a place I don't hate and going to this job closer to home and hating it. Then I will have to look for another job and go back to the long travel again and a slightly more difficult commute as the current place is easily accessible.

Thoughts? I sort of need to make my mind up tonight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

it's a risk and also looks a little messy on your cv.. Is there any way you can get in touch with someone already there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

veganrun wrote: »
    What do you put in yours? Been thinking of doing this myself.

Buy your blender and get recipies online:) You can also buy books with thousands of different smoothies..

This morning was very simple Banana, apple, plum, pear, orange and of course your 500 ml of water to mix it all up :)

You can add loads of different ingredients like yoghurt, honey, nuts, milk, fruit juices and even ice for a bit of crunch..

Has to be good for you, most of your 'essentials' first thing in the morning:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

Ugh and me after stuffing myself with fish and chips, with crisps and sweets for a movie later...

• Advertisement

it's a risk and also looks a little messy on your cv.. Is there any way you can get in touch with someone already there?

I don't know anyone there and all I have to go on is the impression I got from the interview and from what the recruitment agent says but I always take what they say with a large pinch of salt.

If I left my current job now, I don't think I would put it on my CV.

Hmmm. This all came about because I panicked when my current job mentioned travel. I made a list of pro's and con's for both roles and that didn't help, although it didn't make me feel like I should leave so maybe that's my answer. I feel like I should give my current job a bit more time now that travel isn't required. Although 3 hours per day commuting isn't so nice. I could move but at present, don't want to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement