Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Would you go to the work and jobs section of this site and see if the place is mentioned or post yourself?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Would you go to the work and jobs section of this site and see if the place is mentioned or post yourself?.

Na it's not mentioned and I don't want to say the company name either.

I will figure something out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Anyone have any tips for me?

I'm finding it difficult to leave the house, the thought of it is making me nervous and I'm having to fight panic attacks nearly all the time when out.

I am even having difficulty when i'm not even far from home.. Starting to become housebound :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

carzony wrote: »

I'm finding it difficult to leave the house, the thought of it is making me nervous and I'm having to fight panic attacks nearly all the time when out.

I am even having difficulty when i'm not even far from home.. Starting to become housebound :(

Is there anything that comforts you, perhaps music or some portable hobby like reading that you could bring along as a 'treat' per se?. Dbt/mindfulness have some exercises that can be helpful in such scenarios also..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭CZ 453

carzony wrote: »

Have you anything to go out for? (eg. have to get a loaf of bread)
    It's hard to push yourself to go outside the house if you have nothing to go out for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭alaskayoung

College offers tomorrow morning at 6am eek :p

College offers tomorrow morning at 6am eek :p

Are you waiting on a CAO offer yourself?

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Are you waiting on a CAO offer yourself?

Yepp! Medicine in NUIG hopefully :)

Best of luck. Will you be purchasing an Irish Times at 2am? :)

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Best of luck. Will you be purchasing an Irish Times at 2am? :)

Haha I wish! Too far in the countryside for that :P I'll let someone else do the dirty work. Thank you :)

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed Alaska!

Fingers crossed Alaska!

Thanks Grem :)

Thinking of you this morning Alaska..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

So I decided to stay in my current job a while longer. Once the travel thing was resolved, it felt like a bad idea to leave and I still have that feeling now. I think I need to give things a chance here as it is still early days.

I don't think the recruitment agent is happy and he seemed to think it might be closing the door on this other place. I hope that's not the case :(

I just wish I hadn't panicked :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Best of luck, Alaska! :)
    veganrun wrote: »
    So I decided to stay in my current job a while longer. Once the travel thing was resolved, it felt like a bad idea to leave and I still have that feeling now. I think I need to give things a chance here as it is still early days.

I don't think the recruitment agent is happy and he seemed to think it might be closing the door on this other place. I hope that's not the case :(

I just wish I hadn't panicked :(

Unfortunately at the moment many of us can't help but panic at such things. It hopefully won't always be the case though.

Did you get the whole travelling sorted out there, VR?

Got my first choice, over the moon :)

Got my first choice, over the moon :)

Well done! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Hi all

I went to my GP today to get a prescription to go back on anti-depressants.

I was on Prozac before but it made me very drowsy so she recommended a new one that's on the market. I can't recall the name of it. It requires blood tests once every 3 weeks.

This was great I thought. I went to the pharmacy and they told me it would be €136 for two weeks prescription! I couldn't afford it so I had to leave it. I'm devastated now as I was hoping to start them this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    Hi all

I was on Prozac before but it made me very drowsy so she recommended a new one that's on the market. I can't recall the name of it. It requires blood tests once every 3 weeks.

This was great I thought. I went to the pharmacy and they told me it would be €136 for two weeks prescription! I couldn't afford it so I had to leave it. I'm devastated now as I was hoping to start them this evening.

Can you phone your GP and ask for something that doesn't cost the earth? It really bugs me when doctors do that.. I was at a consultant publicly who knew I had no medical card and that I was flat broke, but he still prescribed something hugely expensive without even warning me. Sometimes I wonder what planet they are on.

Can you phone your GP and ask for something that doesn't cost the earth? It really bugs me when doctors do that.. I was at a consultant publicly who knew I had no medical card and that I was flat broke, but he still prescribed something hugely expensive without even warning me. Sometimes I wonder what planet they are on.

+1.

If GPs put down the brand name version of the medication on the prescription, are the pharmacy bound to give only that version, rather than a generic?

• Advertisement

+1.

If GPs put down the brand name version of the medication on the prescription, are the pharmacy bound to give only that version, rather than a generic?

Nope, my GP always prescribes branded, I just ask the pharmacist to dispense generic. I think there has to be a recognised equivalent generic though.

Nope, my GP always prescribes branded, I just ask the pharmacist to dispense generic. I think there has to be a recognised equivalent generic though.

I thought so.

Yeah that's true. There isn't generic Lyrica out yet so have to pay a good bit for that.

Perhaps the previous poster could apply for the drug payment card. I think the cut off is like €144 a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

I think with new medications you can only get the branded version until the patent runs out which can take ten or more years so the generic version wont be available till then. But 136 euro for an anti depressant. Who can afford that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

depends on when they filed the patent. a company like eli lily may file a patent for a new drug and then spend six or seven years in RandD. thus when they put the drug on the shelves, only two or three years of the patent are left, after which another company just copies what they do.

the reason some drugs are so expensive is not because they are worth such and such amount in terms of materials etc. its because the company had to spend maybe millions on producing the drug in the first place. whereas the generic version didnt have to and hence its cheaper price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

Hi all

Drugs payment scheme should only be 144 per month ask your pharmacist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

Got through today. Had to see doctors and dbt group.

Am feeling so disassociated these days. It's like I am watching myself living life.
    Feels rotten.
    I feel so low. Intrusive thoughts are back majorly and I think my stress is coming out physically as my back is at me for past 2 days.

I am trying to get stuff sorted for my discharge but to no avail. I am going back to nothing - zilch support.
    Just feeling lost.

I currently feel as though I am having a major anxiety attack. I can't take a deep breath and have major aches in my chest.

I just feel so ......
    So alone and there seems to be no light.

I hoped that because I am feeling so disassociated that would mean less emotional pain.

Down down down today, feel like I'm crying internally if that makes any sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

I got an emergency application form for the DPS card so I got my medication.

Has anyone tried Valdoxan? It's new on the market.

I got an emergency application form for the DPS card so I got my medication.

Has anyone tried Valdoxan? It's new on the market.

I was meant to go on it at one stage as it was recommended to me but i never did the blood test. Its meant to help with the release of melatonin in the brain so you get a good nights sleep and wake up feeling more alert. Glad you got it sorted in the end and hopefully it will help.

• Advertisement

Got through today. Had to see doctors and dbt group.

Am feeling so disassociated these days. It's like I am watching myself living life.
    Feels rotten.
    I feel so low. Intrusive thoughts are back majorly and I think my stress is coming out physically as my back is at me for past 2 days.

I am trying to get stuff sorted for my discharge but to no avail. I am going back to nothing - zilch support.
    Just feeling lost.

I currently feel as though I am having a major anxiety attack. I can't take a deep breath and have major aches in my chest.

I just feel so ......
    So alone and there seems to be no light.

I hoped that because I am feeling so disassociated that would mean less emotional pain.

Sorry to hear your feeling like that. Dissociation is not a nice feeling at all you just feel spaced out all the time. It usually comes from extreme anxiety.

So do you know what day your going to be released. I hope they have a community mental health to support you when you do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement