Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭fiftythree

cookie24 wrote: »
    So my mum is coming to take me to the interview. No escape now. Anxiety is building steadily :(
    Pray for me please?

I also just had a blood test for my thyroid gland. Anyone had severe anxiety due to thyroid gland imbalance?
    Maybe I'm just looking for a physical cause for a mental problem.

ETA: will report back tomorrow

good luck.we'll all be thinking on you.worst case scenario bad interview and don't get job.but i think that's better than not going:in that case guaranteed no job and possibly feeling regret for not going in.give yourself some reward if you make it.having said that if if is impossible to go in then so be it. know somebody with thyroid imbalance but as far as i know no directly linked anxiety issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

My worst day of anxiety ever I'd say today. Truth when it's said that things hit you hardest after a good spell. Actually feel sick from it which is a first.

fr336 wrote: »
    My worst day of anxiety ever I'd say today. Truth when it's said that things hit you hardest after a good spell. Actually feel sick from it which is a first.

really?any major reason for it or was it just one of those days?hope tomorrow is better for you and you're safely at home away from any hassle now.

fiftythree wrote: »
    really?any major reason for it or was it just one of those days?hope tomorrow is better for you and you're safely at home away from any hassle now.

Home is where it's worst I'm always on edge from family just expecting me to be available. It was just because I had two days of being out at uni and getting up early so felt more tired than anxious, then slept and kept waking today till about 2pm so just feel awful now..

Thanks for the kind words fifty, hope you are ok today

Home is where it's worst I'm always on edge from family just expecting me to be available. It was just because I had two days of being out at uni and getting up early so felt more tired than anxious, then slept and kept waking today till about 2pm so just feel awful now..

Thanks for the kind words fifty, hope you are ok today

i've been doing that recent, sleep is very interrupted, noist area at night but i don't think it's that. getting awful nightmare type dreams. jusy worries i think.
    pity about your home being like that. be nice to have some place you could be on your own, at least when you needed it. i can't deal with no personal space.
    have a look at some planes to take your mind off things!

• Advertisement

i've been doing that recent, sleep is very interrupted, noist area at night but i don't think it's that. getting awful nightmare type dreams. jusy worries i think.
    pity about your home being like that. be nice to have some place you could be on your own, at least when you needed it. i can't deal with no personal space.
    have a look at some planes to take your mind off things!

Yeah it's impossible to find somewhere to be alone; all people buzzing around like bees :D:(

I'm just watching The Apprentice on the BBC right now and was ok all the way through now they've got to the interesting but confrontational bit in the boardroom and my nerves are on edge :eek:

What I need is very easy, I've done it twice before and I felt like I was being reborn...yet I went back on it?!?! Exercise and diet...that's it for me. It worked in a matter of days to a point. A few more and I'd feel better than ever. It's just hard at the time. Every noise goes right through me, I'm a strong stubborn person I feel so it's like my body is saying one thing to be frightened etc and my head saying another - that may be another thing I have to contend with maybe, using a lot of energy on being bloody annoyed with the whole situation.

Planes and aviation definitely relaxes and interests me, I have an airport right near me and sometimes go there to get away from things

oh god i wouldn't like that constant buzzing. don't mind it though if i have a peaceful place to retreat but i couldn't have it non stop.
    saw first 2 apprentices was the last one the wearable tech episode? i watch it on the catch up.
    know what you mean, eating well and a bit of exercise is great.
    i just had a big lovely unhealthy feed there!
    feel myself that i have to be in the right state to even start all that though.
    people are sometimes very irritating. i'm not great with communicating with them and i often snap.
    luckily, i suppose, at the moment, i know almost nobody so that is less stress for a while.

oh god i wouldn't like that constant buzzing. don't mind it though if i have a peaceful place to retreat but i couldn't have it non stop.
    saw first 2 apprentices was the last one the wearable tech episode? i watch it on the catch up.
    know what you mean, eating well and a bit of exercise is great.
    i just had a big lovely unhealthy feed there!
    feel myself that i have to be in the right state to even start all that though.
    people are sometimes very irritating. i'm not great with communicating with them and i often snap.
    luckily, i suppose, at the moment, i know almost nobody so that is less stress for a while.

There seem to be crowds of people everywhere, no matter the time of day. I feel it's got worse but maybe that's just the anxiety honing in on things. I get extremely frustrated and irrational.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Planes and aviation definitely relaxes and interests me, I have an airport right near me and sometimes go there to get away from things
    The flight or fight response? :)

Not your ornery onager

There seem to be crowds of people everywhere, no matter the time of day. I feel it's got worse but maybe that's just the anxiety honing in on things. I get extremely frustrated and irrational.

humans....they're....multiplying:eek:

• Advertisement

Esel wrote: »
    The flight or fight response? :)

Haha very good :D

Today's so bad that if I hear a noise someone's making in the house it actually feels like a punch to my body

Today's so bad that if I hear a noise someone's making in the house it actually feels like a punch to my body

what time will they all be gone to bed at?

what time will they all be gone to bed at?

Who knows, probably midnight I guess....I wouldn't bother asking them nicely to let me have some peace a bit earlier because even things that are directly about me are some big drama at the time then after a while of being nice it's like nothing had happened. Nobody can be that stupid...they are deliberately selfish and it's my own fault for being such an immature sod at the age of 25. Well let's say 22 actually as the anxiety has dragged me down completely the last few years as opposed to lurking in the background before that.

Thanks for the support guys, is really helping minute by minute tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Sometimes it is interesting to me to watch my body's response to an external sound like a ripple in a pond. Let my body feel as open to it as possible.

Sometimes it is interesting to me to watch my body's response to an external sound like a ripple in a pond. Let my body feel as open to it as possible.

I know exactly what you mean. However mental energy is also at an absolute premium, or indeed loss..hard to muster enough to even get to that point in the main.

My eyes feel so numb and wide open too...if I tried going to bed now it'd feel like my eyes were being glued open even though they'd be closed.

Who knows, probably midnight I guess....I wouldn't bother asking them nicely to let me have some peace a bit earlier because even things that are directly about me are some big drama at the time then after a while of being nice it's like nothing had happened. Nobody can be that stupid...they are deliberately selfish and it's my own fault for being such an immature sod at the age of 25. Well let's say 22 actually as the anxiety has dragged me down completely the last few years as opposed to lurking in the background before that.

Thanks for the support guys, is really helping minute by minute tonight.

human interaction can be awfully difficult and trying. think some people are just very good at it, good at playing the social game. think iused to be, i didn't think of it at the time but my skills have deteriorated with respect to human interaction. else humans have mutated and i got left behind.
    are you staying up late after people repose?
    i love being the last one up. i'm totally against a 24 hour society because i like my personal time when most of 'em have gone away to sleep:D

human interaction can be awfully difficult and trying. think some people are just very good at it, good at playing the social game. think iused to be, i didn't think of it at the time but my skills have deteriorated with respect to human interaction. else humans have mutated and i got left behind.
    are you staying up late after people repose?
    i love being the last one up. i'm totally against a 24 hour society because i like my personal time when most of 'em have gone away to sleep:D

Indeed. I think most people would be the same actually.

fr336 that makes sense, nice melodic tune if noise is doing your head in. haven't heard a lot of air since i think moon safari it was called. getting to that time of night soon where they start drifting off, all the people, one by one, the early birds are prepping for bed already, in a few hours there will be none left.well apart from the crazed lunatics shouting outside but they don't count.
    i usually like nights, until it gets to the point where the night and the next morning crash into each other, or one creeps up upon the other.
    then i start getting pretty scared about the next day.

• Advertisement

fr336 that makes sense, nice melodic tune if noise is doing your head in. haven't heard a lot of air since i think moon safari it was called. getting to that time of night soon where they start drifting off, all the people, one by one, the early birds are prepping for bed already, in a few hours there will be none left.well apart from the crazed lunatics shouting outside but they don't count.
    i usually like nights, until it gets to the point where the night and the next morning crash into each other, or one creeps up upon the other.
    then i start getting pretty scared about the next day.

:( Hugs to you

:( Hugs to you

i'm ok now though, i like late evening and nights until it gets to something resembling morning.
    i actually talked to someone tonight!
    guy who i live with, wasn't too bad, he seems like a nice guy.
    had a laugh about this fly infestation we are having. it isn't funny, but it can be.
    how are you doing? are you any less on edge?
    hope so

i'm ok now though, i like late evening and nights until it gets to something resembling morning.
    i actually talked to someone tonight!
    guy who i live with, wasn't too bad, he seems like a nice guy.
    had a laugh about this fly infestation we are having. it isn't funny, but it can be.
    how are you doing? are you any less on edge?
    hope so

Still too early for me :pac:

Still too early for me :pac:

seriously, some people are actually tucked up now:eek:
    damn flies. having said that they must have been pretty anxious.
    there's piles of them lying dead on all the window sills.
    things must've been trying to get out and died in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

shezer wrote: »
    How are ya today Killer Banana?

Good enough to manage to go to work. I was alright until I went on break and then all the bad thoughts came back. I was on food which takes the most concentration which helped but I started to slip up a bit after that and had to go to the bathroom at one point because I was about to have a panic attack. One of my co-workers recently broke up with his girlfriend and is temporarily living in the flat above where we work and he knew I'd been depressed lately so told me I could come up after if I wanted. I just spent the last three hours pouring my heart out to him, telling him everything, things I never told anyone before and he just listened and I just feel so peaceful and calm now. Not happy, it'll be a long time before that happens but better, so much better. He's been there himself, he gets it. I've only known him a few months but he's already one of my closest friends, I'm truly blessed for the people I have in my life.

But that's enough gushing from me, how are you Shezer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Theres no point of me going into college today. I did this course last year so I know what we're doing already so its boring, I have all the assignment briefs so I can work from home, etc.

I know thats actually quite logical but I still feel bad about not going in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Anyone been on inderal for anxiety? It's a beta-blocker. Just got a prescription for it there.

Feel like I'm going to throw up, so so shivery, so weak...ahh good day....

ETA: Oh and almost certainly caused by a higher than usual few days of anxiety.

When someone knocks a door, I feel like my heart's going to pop out of my chest :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Curious about ppls experience of psychotherapy. I've had my 4th session yesterday, feel I'm going in circles a bit now. I'm still putting faith in it but not experiencing any results through this process, not yet anyway. Hmmm...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement