Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭fiftythree

cookie24 wrote: »
    Dont think so :(

So if anyone is near dundrum gimme a pm and we can have a little party here

pity about that, you just staying in for the day then?
    nowhere near dublin.
    if there was a night out for sociallly anxious people wonder would anyone turn up?!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭cookie24

fiftythree wrote: »
    pity about that, you just staying in for the day then?
    nowhere near dublin.
    if there was a night out for sociallly anxious people wonder would anyone turn up?!

Drinking at the mo so half thinking of going out on my own. If I keep drinking on my own all day I'll only get depressed....which really cant happen :(

Would love if we could have a meet-up, but the nature of anxiety means evryone would be drunk or not turn up....for me at least

Drinking at the mo so half thinking of going out on my own. If I keep drinking on my own all day I'll only get depressed....which really cant happen :(

Would love if we could have a meet-up, but the nature of anxiety means evryone would be drunk or not turn up....for me at least

was a sort of joke really about an anxiety meet. like you said people would be too anxious to show.
    would you just head into a pub on your own?
    i do that sometimes. as i dont know anyone, at all.
    usually i can talk to random strangers after drinking a bit but
    i never see them again. alcohol, a lot of it, doesnt agree with me at all though.

was a sort of joke really about an anxiety meet. like you said people would be too anxious to show.
    would you just head into a pub on your own?
    i do that sometimes. as i dont know anyone, at all.
    usually i can talk to random strangers after drinking a bit but
    i never see them again. alcohol, a lot of it, doesnt agree with me at all though.

Prob not to be honest. Maybe if drunk enough but that kinda defeats the purpose.

Perhaps the group admin could organize a very informal meet-up, where you can be half tanked if you want. I need to meet more people. Having said that, if there as one organised theres a 90% chance I wouldn't show :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Prob not to be honest. Maybe if drunk enough but that kinda defeats the purpose.

Perhaps the group admin could organize a very informal meet-up, where you can be half tanked if you want. I need to meet more people. Having said that, if there as one organised theres a 90% chance I wouldn't show :(

I think there was one set up before but not many went, myself included.

• Advertisement

yeah i think the nature of it would make that inevitable.
    i doubt i would be able to either if it existed. too nervous

yeah i think the nature of it would make that inevitable.
    i doubt i would be able to either if it existed. too nervous

Yeah totally.

How's the weekend treating you there sir?

are you the bear jew? I think you(we) should try organise a meet up. I know the nature of anxiety means its a no, but I need to make an effort to be more sociable, and I presume the same apples to a lot of you.

Just a thought? And coming upto xmas, our spirits (excuse the pun) should be high

Yeah totally.

How's the weekend treating you there sir?

not too bad i suppose. just trying to rest and breathe and not get too down.
    are you doing ok yourself?

I'm ok I suppose although am a little bored.

hopefully you'll find something to do. are you staying in today?

• Advertisement

are you the bear jew? I think you(we) should try organise a meet up. I know the nature of anxiety means its a no, but I need to make an effort to be more sociable, and I presume the same apples to a lot of you.

Just a thought? And coming upto xmas, our spirits (excuse the pun) should be high

No I'm not the Bear Jew but he's a good friend of mine! :D

You're right though, I too need to make a huge effort to be more sociable. Thing is though, I've left it go on for so long now that I have near zero social options anymore.
    not too bad i suppose. just trying to rest and breathe and not get too down.
    are you doing ok yourself?

No I'm not the Bear Jew but he's a good friend of mine! :D

You're right though, I too need to make a huge effort to be more sociable. Thing is though, I've left it go on for so long now that I have near zero social options anymore.

guys, lets be careful who we are dealing with. (see pic)

Regarding the boredom, sometimes I love it. Maybe not the boredom, but being on my own

Wish my luck....going over to tesco for more beer. You'll probably hear me pour my heart and soul out later. Remember: no judgements :P

Mind yourself there Cookie

Mind yourself there Cookie

I will. Have a mate to meet at 9, so 2-4 more cans then into town. Still have to go to tesco though :o:o:o

My pourings will be moderate

I will. Have a mate to meet at 9, so 2-4 more cans then into town. Still have to go to tesco though :o:o:o

My pourings will be moderate

glad you have somebody to meet with.
    hope you have a good evening

glad you have somebody to meet with.
    hope you have a good evening

Thanks fifdy3. Hopefully it ill be a success (a success being talking to people)

And to everyone else...I'm so happy I decided to get involved in this forum. Lots of similar issues....I just like the way we can offload out $hit and there are people who understand.
    Not many people out there understand

Thanks fifdy3. Hopefully it ill be a success (a success being talking to people)

And to everyone else...I'm so happy I decided to get involved in this forum. Lots of similar issues....I just like the way we can offload out $hit and there are people who understand.
    Not many people out there understand

i found this forum excellent too. take care tonight if you have been drinking a fair bit through the day, specially if you are on any meds too but enjoy yourself and have a pleasant evening.

i found this forum excellent too. take care tonight if you have been drinking a fair bit through the day, specially if you are on any meds too but enjoy yourself and have a pleasant evening.

Thanks....this forum is also helping me alot. I know the combo of meds and drink does't go down well, but so far I haven't ha any adverse reactions.

Hopefully I'll enjoy myself....I''ll check in tomorrow for an update. A success for me is no blushing. Is that sad?

Thanks....this forum is also helping me alot. I know the combo of meds and drink does't go down well, but so far I haven't ha any adverse reactions.

Hopefully I'll enjoy myself....I''ll check in tomorrow for an update. A success for me is no blushing. Is that sad?

ok, do be wary of it though but glad no bad effects to date.
    i don't know, everyone has their own definition of success:)
    just try to relax. good luck, talk later.

here's another song I love. Dont really why why I;m linking here??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OqwKfgLaeA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Anyone else obsess over the side effects of their medicine and feel like every time you take it it increases your anxiety rather than treating it. I'm taking inderal and it slows my heartbeat which worries me greatly. I know its a common side effect for a beta blocker but it just makes me really nervous and worried that my heart will stop altogether!

Anyone else obsess over the side effects of their medicine and feel like every time you take it it increases your anxiety rather than treating it. I'm taking inderal and it slows my heartbeat which worries me greatly. I know its a common side effect for a beta blocker but it just makes me really nervous and worried that my heart will stop altogether!

For me, I had blood tests and blood pressure done......just to make sure you can cope with the lowered heart rate. I presume its to stop adrenaline?

But its upto your GP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I know its all in my head but I can't stop it. Don't like the way the beta blockers are stopping the physical symptoms but doing nothing for the mental symptoms. Kinda useless in that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DawnDown

Hi, I just came across this thread and just thought I'd join in. The last few days I've been feeling really down, it's something that happens every now and again... I can't do nothing, but just mope I have no 'get up and go' it's so hard to find any motivation to do anything when I feel like this... Sorry for being a pain, just letting it all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Hi all, post here the odd time. 20 + years of depression, doing fairly ok now on zyban and effexor. But today out of the blue I woke up feeling rotten just knew straight away that it was going to be a hard day. I didnt want to do anything or go anywhere etc. It annoys me that these feelings can just appear with no apparent cause.

It makes me wonder why? It is so hard to do anything on days like this, it seems totally out of my control which is scary.
    Anyone else get like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Got that fearful but know I will probably be ok feeling again...it's horrible. I mean there are plenty of reasons to be fearful, but still...cop myself on...at least I can look back on the past (yes not fufilling my potential at all, however nothing absolutely appalling happened...and it's all the past now). I just want to cry but can't bring myself to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

On the flip side, an extra hour tonight :D:o

I know its all in my head but I can't stop it. Don't like the way the beta blockers are stopping the physical symptoms but doing nothing for the mental symptoms. Kinda useless in that way.

i tried beta blockers. to be honest they didnt do a lot for
    my physical symptoms but i think i reacted badly to them.
    kept passing out.
    but i think that is precisely what they are supposed to do.
    they can only reduce the heart rate etc, and they can be useful for people
    to get through stressful times.
    the underlying cause i guess cant be fixed with them, its a different story.

DawnDown wrote: »
    Hi, I just came across this thread and just thought I'd join in. The last few days I've been feeling really down, it's something that happens every now and again... I can't do nothing, but just mope I have no 'get up and go' it's so hard to find any motivation to do anything when I feel like this... Sorry for being a pain, just letting it all out.

welcome to the thread. keep posting, you're not a pain.
    few things you could do, talking to a friend could help, or contact a doctor if you would like to. hopefully it will pass and isn't persistent.
    best of luck to you.

• Advertisement

noah45 wrote: »
    Hi all, post here the odd time. 20 + years of depression, doing fairly ok now on zyban and effexor. But today out of the blue I woke up feeling rotten just knew straight away that it was going to be a hard day. I didnt want to do anything or go anywhere etc. It annoys me that these feelings can just appear with no apparent cause.

It makes me wonder why? It is so hard to do anything on days like this, it seems totally out of my control which is scary.
    Anyone else get like this?

sometimes i find there is no good reason for it.
    at the moment i have a lot on my mind and a lot of worries so that will inevitably affect me but even when i'm fairly stable i get seemingly random awful feelings.
    just hope it passes for you quickly.take care

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement