Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

cookie24 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I dont know. Most places will do a midnight release. I got a copy today very luckily :)
    there were early releases and i chanced my arm in gamestop. luckily there was a cancellation. relaxation tonight :)
    best of luck with getting the game and more importantly, your anxiety

A true anxiety poster on this thread would have offered me their copy to alleviate my anxiety....Shame on you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭fiftythree

CZ 453 wrote: »
    A true anxiety poster on this thread would have offered me their copy to alleviate my anxiety....Shame on you :D

never mind COD. bubble bobble lads is where the real fun resides.:D

guys i need to move house.

had a word with the guy who was causing the problems in my house share earlier today.
    he seemed ok about it to my face and said he was new to he country and getting used to
    the culture.
    that was fine. we had a chat and got on ok.
    i'm after going to the bathroom now and there was faeces and toilet paper in the SINK.
    i literally can't deal with this anymore.
    like someone last night said and they must have got it right, seems
    this guy is "marking his territory".

i am in a pretty bad way at the best of times but this has moved me into
    a sort of frenzied state. was so glad to find a place to live
    as i lived on the streets before that
    but i feel paranoid he is trying to get to me.
    i literally feel sick leaving my room now.

in an awful state of panic here.
    i have nowhere else i can go.

fiftythree wrote: »
    guys i need to move house.

had a word with the guy who was causing the problems in my house share earlier today.
    he seemed ok about it to my face and said he was new to he country and getting used to
    the culture.
    that was fine. we had a chat and got on ok.
    i'm after going to the bathroom now and there was faeces and toilet paper in the SINK.
    i literally can't deal with this anymore.
    like someone last night said and they must have got it right, seems
    this guy is "marking his territory".

i am in a pretty bad way at the best of times but this has moved me into
    a sort of frenzied state. was so glad to find a place to live
    as i lived on the streets before that
    but i feel paranoid he is trying to get to me.
    i literally feel sick leaving my room now.

in an awful state of panic here.
    i have nowhere else i can go.

Take photos. Call your landlord and explain to him whats going on.

Get reading
    http://www.nihe.gov.uk/index/advice/renting_privately/advice_tenants/tenants_rights.htm

Take photos. Call your landlord and explain to him whats going on.

Get reading
    http://www.nihe.gov.uk/index/advice/renting_privately/advice_tenants/tenants_rights.htm

thanks. can't take photos atm phone got stolen
    i only have a basic one.
    the guy just denies everything.
    hard to pin him on anything.
    i am rubbish with rules and regulations etc.
    always try to be decent and wish everyone else was too.
    the lad seems to be friendly with the landlord so
    i doubt much would come of a complaint.
    just feel sick man, sorry for ranting again.

• Advertisement

haven't got a rent book but have a written lease.
    nothing like that is in it, from a brief scanning.
    i will call the LL tomorrow and try to get a way out.
    hopefully he will be ok about it.
    starting to feel scared at this stage. threatened.
    this can't be how people live.

thanks. can't take photos atm phone got stolen
    i only have a basic one.
    the guy just denies everything.
    hard to pin him on anything.
    i am rubbish with rules and regulations etc.
    always try to be decent and wish everyone else was too.
    the lad seems to be friendly with the landlord so
    i doubt much would come of a complaint.
    just feel sick man, sorry for ranting again.

By deduction it has to be him. There is only you and him(and his family)???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

I'm so upset and frustrated. I just need someone to talk to about this and I have nobody. It's a simple ****ing thing. But I just need to talk to someone about it. Who's going to talk back. Isn't that what talking means.

I'm so full of anger and upset at this, and at the fact that I have nobody to talk to about it, that I'm going to be up late crying and my face will be puffy and I'll be tired, and I'll still have gotten nowhere

By deduction it has to be him. There is only you and him(and his family)???

It is a 5 bed house.me him and in theory 3 others live here.
    the HMO(Houses of multiple occupation) here
    need to meet requirements. more than 5 people, not rooms, people,
    and you need to have 2x bathrooms, showers, ovens etc. for 6+people.
    he denies his wife and child live here.
    but they clearly do.

haven't got a rent book but have a written lease.
    nothing like that is in it, from a brief scanning.
    i will call the LL tomorrow and try to get a way out.
    hopefully he will be ok about it.
    starting to feel scared at this stage. threatened.
    this can't be how people live.

You have rights as a tenant. I'm not too sure of the UK ones. It is the landlords duty to ensure that the house is fit for use. If the tenant is causing trouble he(the landlord) owes a duty of care to the rest of the tenants. There are no buddies in business. That dude is renting from the landlord like you are.

• Advertisement

Gongoozler wrote: »
    I'm so upset and frustrated. I just need someone to talk to about this and I have nobody. It's a simple ****ing thing. But I just need to talk to someone about it. Who's going to talk back. Isn't that what talking means.

Shoot

talk away gon, that's what we are here for..
    i'm here.

You have rights as a tenant. I'm not too sure of the UK ones. It is the landlords duty to ensure that the house is fit for use. If the tenant is causing trouble he(the landlord) owes a duty of care to the rest of the tenants. There are no buddies in business. That dude is renting from the landlord like you are.

thanks. but they seem real cosy, like i have seen him and the LL smoke joints together in the house. could be some rent allowance scam i have no idea.
    at the moment the other tenants express disgust at the mess but refuse
    to clean it up so i always do.
    it just gets progressively worse. this is sick in the head behaviour

talk away gon, that's what we are here for..
    i'm here.

I have always had a problem with confrontation. I'm trying to get more ok with saying things to people when I work out that it's warranted. The thing with the woman at work, and then coming home to this **** from my housemate has really pissed me off. But as far as I can work out I'm not wrong to say something to them. I said something to the woman at work, and she's taken a right huff with me. Don't think she's even going to talk to me anymore. Which makes it awkward as I have to work with her.

Then my housemate, I know she's eaten some of my stuff and suspect others, but again I'm pretty sure that I'm kinda right to say something. Certainly not wrong.

However not wrong I am in either situation, do you think it'll ever happen that the other person might say Oh sorry about that etc etc. And get on with it..? Nope. Can't remember that happening. I've brought up things with housemates. All gone to ****. Can't even be in the same room as each other after that, have to move out. I've brought up things with friends, think they accept what I'm saying? Nope. Can't be friends any more.

I'm ****ing tired of it. If i don't say something they continue to take the piss. Making me feel like my feelings aren't worth **** to anybody. If I do say something I'm the bad guy, wrong for either sayin it or having a problem with it in the first place. Or both.

I don't know what I'm meant to do.

I have always had a problem with confrontation. I'm trying to get more ok with saying things to people when I work out that it's warranted. The thing with the woman at work, and then coming home to this **** from my housemate has really pissed me off. But as far as I can work out I'm not wrong to say something to them. I said something to the woman at work, and she's taken a right huff with me. Don't think she's even going to talk to me anymore. Which makes it awkward as I have to work with her.

Then my housemate, I know she's eaten some of my stuff and suspect others, but again I'm pretty sure that I'm kinda right to say something. Certainly not wrong.

However not wrong I am in either situation, do you think it'll ever happen that the other person might say Oh sorry about that etc etc. And get on with it..? Nope. Can't remember that happening. I've brought up things with housemates. All gone to ****. Can't even be in the same room as each other after that, have to move out. I've brought up things with friends, think they accept what I'm saying? Nope. Can't be friends any more.

I'm ****ing tired of it. If i don't say something they continue to take the piss. Making me feel like my feelings aren't worth **** to anybody. If I do say something I'm the bad guy, wrong for either sayin it or having a problem with it in the first place. Or both.

I don't know what I'm meant to do.

i feel you G, housemate problems here too, big time.
    i guess work is different in that it is a professional relationship so i wouldn't burn bridges just yet.
    hopefully it was just a bad day in which case you will get over it.
    take some time out, breathe, and think on things. objectively.
    sorry you had a bad day buddy.

someone ate the majority of my food i had in last night.
    to look on the bright side as i do like to do,
    at least they didn't s##t in the sink....
    until today.:eek:

house shares. pure harmony and bliss.:D

jusy wondering how he did it, logistically.
    the sink is fairly high i would imagine a bar stool type
    thing would be in order. in retrospect, fair play to the man.
    might have future on britain's got talent.

jusy wondering how he did it, logistically.
    the sink is fairly high i would imagine a bar stool type
    thing would be in order. in retrospect, fair play to the man.
    might have future on britain's got talent.

His life is hell. He is a near do well. As soon as you're out of that place the better. Any option of moving in with family?

I was watching Justified the other day and a saying in it stuck with me-

"You can meet an asshole in the morning but if you meet assholes all day then you're the asshole"

Total nonsense. I've had days where i met a whole bunch of assholes in one day and I've been nothing but nice to them. However, each asshole I met took a bit from me. That'd be my biggest regret, letting them.

I think it may have been you earlier that said you were texting this co-worker???If so, stop. Stuff that needs to be said about work needs to be said in work or you could find yourself on the end of a bullying investigation. It's not fair on you or the co-worker to be discussing work via text out of work hours.

that's good advice actually. don't get into a legal situation. i try to be nice to people in general but i may have to rethink that philosophy.
    might start being a c##t from now on it seems to serve most people well.

It's nothing like that, we've gone to lunch, we go on breaks, she sees me pretty much as a friend. This was about a non work thing. It's not going to be anything like that. This was about her wanting me to do something on her terms and I had already told her it would be on my terms. Hard to explain without going into it.

Yeah I've thought of that too..maybe I'm the asshole. Maybe I am. Maybe I shouldn't be trying to believe that I'm a nice person after all.

• Advertisement

His life is hell. He is a near do well. As soon as you're out of that place the better. Any option of moving in with family?

don't know cz, way my mother is she may need care and i suppose i could move home for that. all up in the air at this stage really.
    long long story...

that's good advice actually. don't get into a legal situation. i try to be nice to people in general but i may have to rethink that philosophy.
    might start being a c##t from now on it seems to serve most people well.

That's the thing though. It won't serve you at all. That's not you or gongoozler or me. That gives people your head space. That chap in your house now is only thinking of how to get rid of the rest of ye. What sort of way is that to be??? Wasting his day trying to think of ways to get rid of folk....His life is wasting and he will try to take others with him.

It's nothing like that, we've gone to lunch, we go on breaks, she sees me pretty much as a friend. This was about a non work thing. It's not going to be anything like that. This was about her wanting me to do something on her terms and I had already told her it would be on my terms. Hard to explain without going into it.

Yeah I've thought of that too..maybe I'm the asshole. Maybe I am. Maybe I shouldn't be trying to believe that I'm a nice person after all.

i didn't suggest at all you were the a hole.
    i am hoping a good rant is what you need it has certainly helped me in the past.

I'm not saying your the asshole. You've picked it up wrong.

Your building up walls at the moment. You're defensive. Put one issue to the side and look at it. Play devils advocate. Get it out of the way. Then move to issue 2. The housemate???

That's the thing though. It won't serve you at all. That's not you or gongoozler or me. That gives people your head space. That chap in your house now is only thinking of how to get rid of the rest of ye. What sort of way is that to be??? Wasting his day trying to think of ways to get rid of folk....His life is wasting and he will try to take others with him.

yeah man people like that are pure poison. i just CAN NOT relate
    to that way of thinking. i am happy enough with myself, apart from the nervousness and anxiety. i wouldn't ever pick on anyone like that.
    i feel like i am in a surreal world here with faeces in the sink and on floor.
    kind of stangely proud of myself i haven't totally freaked out yet:D

i didn't suggest at all you were the a hole.
    i am hoping a good rant is what you need it has certainly helped me in the past.

No but that was what cropped up on your post. I do think it sometimes. At times like this when it seems people have a problem with me pointing out how they weren't very nice to me.

I've calmed down a bit anyway. Not sure I'll be able to sleep though.

But whatever about being over my rant, this is a concern for me. I don't know what I'm meant to do. Do I give up having a problem with anyone because it's just easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Gongoozler it might not be as bad as you think with the workmate. Sure she might have gotten the hump this evening that doesn't mean she'll never speak to ye again. Just keep that in mind.

And as for that bollix ****ting in the sink, jesus he can have the sink. I'd be gone, maybe I'd ask the landlord to kick him out along with a picture of it at least but if landlord wasn't going to kick him out there'd be a me-shaped hole in the front door. I understand circumstances mightnt allow it but can you make it a priority to at least start the wheels in motion to move?

No but that was what cropped up on your post. I do think it sometimes. At times like this when it seems people have a problem with me pointing out how they weren't very nice to me.

I've calmed down a bit anyway. Not sure I'll be able to sleep though.

But whatever about being over my rant, this is a concern for me. I don't know what I'm meant to do. Do I give up having a problem with anyone because it's just easier.

glad you are a bit calmed down.
    see how things go tomorrow and report back, and analyse that.
    as in how you feel the next day.
    i fully understand you have real concern ok?
    best of luck to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I'd hazard a guess that you're a pretty decent person, and if it's gotten to a point of confrontation I'd wager you have good reason fwiw

• Advertisement

Gongoozler it might not be as bad as you think with the workmate. Sure she might have gotten the hump this evening that doesn't mean she'll never speak to ye again. Just keep that in mind.

And as for that bollix ****ting in the sink, jesus he can have the sink. I'd be gone, maybe I'd ask the landlord to kick him out along with a picture of it at least but if landlord wasn't going to kick him out there'd be a me-shaped hole in the front door. I understand circumstances mightnt allow it but can you make it a priority to at least start the wheels in motion to move?

i will be on the case to move tomorrow jimmy.
    always thought sinks were for washing hands in....turns out i was mistaken....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement