Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

been without lexapro for a week now (hard to get a lift to see my doc) really starting the feel the effects without them now...overthinking...feel on edge....crying, cant stop thinking about ex, easily pissed off....becoming restless....please god l get to see her this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

been without lexapro for a week now (hard to get a lift to see my doc) really starting the feel the effects without them now...overthinking...feel on edge....crying, cant stop thinking about ex, easily pissed off....becoming restless....please god l get to see her this week

Your ex?

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Your ex?

no no my doc

no no my doc

Good stuff. Hope you can get to the docs soon. Is the bus an option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Sorry to hear that SAC.

Are you giving up meds yourself or just out of a prescription?

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that SAC.

Are you giving up meds yourself or just out of a prescription?

just out of my prescription, hope lm like this because l havent had them in a week and not a relapse :( bit more calm now

Good stuff. Hope you can get to the docs soon. Is the bus an option?

it is but the times are kinda all over the place, like ld have to wait a few hours for 1 to go back to my hometown....l only live 10min away from the place...tempeted to cycle but its pissing rain on and off the whole time

just out of my prescription, hope lm like this because l havent had them in a week and not a relapse :( bit more calm now

I'd say it's just the withdrawal SAC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

SAC if you call your doctor she might post a prescription to you. I'm sure she doesn't want you off your meds unsupervised. But at the same time, a ten minute walk away is really not worth putting yourself through that. Why not just walk or cycle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Hey all. Long time reader first time poster. Glad to meet like minded people on here. My diagnosis is Major depression, dysthymia and generalised anxiety disorder, oh and i also have personality disorder traits so i guess im messed up. I take olanzapine and escitalopram but i find olanzapine more effective for anxiety. Did anyone on here ever suffer with depersonalisation/derealisation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭cookie24

Gongoozler wrote: »
    SAC if you call your doctor she might post a prescription to you. I'm sure she doesn't want you off your meds unsupervised. But at the same time, a ten minute walk away is really not worth putting yourself through that. Why not just walk or cycle.

I've had my doc post prescriptions out to me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

mg1982 wrote: »
    Hey all. Long time reader first time poster. Glad to meet like minded people on here. My diagnosis is Major depression, dysthymia and generalised anxiety disorder, oh and i also have personality disorder traits so i guess im messed up. I take olanzapine and escitalopram but i find olanzapine more effective for anxiety. Did anyone on here ever suffer with depersonalisation/derealisation?

yea i have that. i sort of zone out from time to time

Is there anyone here or looking in who has defeated/beaten anxiety(if you can say that)? Are you on the other side of it? Do you have control over it without meds?

I know we all have anxiety to help us get things done in life so it can't just be gotten rid of. Did anyone have that day where they just woke up and the world was a better place?

Maybe there should be a bit of hope on here. A pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. A goal. A path shown to those who still need to walk it.

anxiety is unconscious and to tap into the unconscious mind is hard. A psychologist tries to do that in trying to find out what is the unconscious drive of a patient and acceptance of ones unconscious drive in theory makes people less anxious.

Anxiety thus because it is unconscious is hard to manipulate. If you are standing at the edge of a cliff and you try to tell yourself not to feel anxious you cannot because unconsciously you are aware of where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

There is a page of "success" stories on Anxiety no more. The first one also mentions how they also experienced derealisation. I've found it reassuring to read :)

http://www.anxietynomore.co.uk/success_stories.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Having a bad evening. Was explaining my financial problems due to working arrangements to a friend and they come out with the old cliche 'life's what you make it' :mad:

After all that I've done to try and better my situation that hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭black_magic

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Having a bad evening. Was explaining my financial problems due to working arrangements to a friend and they come out with the old cliche 'life's what you make it' :mad:

It hurt yes, because you let it hurt. Everybody has stuff going on, it's how you deal with it that's the key. I don't know what you have done or haven't done, but it sounds like you need to quit being so hard on yourself. OK?

cloudatlas wrote: »

rant away. I've had the same type of things said to me.

At the minute I'm feeling down as 2 job interviews and 2 rejections. Trying to stay positive for lucky number 3 on Friday, but the anxiety is really making these interviews hard :(

cookie24 wrote: »

At the minute I'm feeling down as 2 job interviews and 2 rejections. Trying to stay positive for lucky number 3 on Friday, but the anxiety is really making these interviews hard :(

How did you feel after the first 2 interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭black_magic

2 job interviews and 2 rejections is nothing! I've applied for hundreds of jobs over the past few months, and I got rejection emails daily, but I eventually got afew job offers, and all on the same day as it happened! The more interviews you do, the more experience you will have, and the better you will be perform. There are positives to everything in life, you just have to find them. Anxiety is difficult, I battled it for a long long long time, and eventually I succumbed to meds after realising I couldn't keep fight it myself. I have my life back on track now, at least for the present moment, but thats what matters. Chin up :)

quotes-anxiety-is-loves_2633-2.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭fiftythree

hope you are all doing ok.
    hopefully the next interview will be successful cookie24.

The job situation is poopy enough at the moment. Am trying to change jobs myself. Fingers crossed for us all.

How did you feel after the first 2 interviews?

Knew I did badly in 1st one. Thought 2nd one was OK after the initial 15 mins. I know 2 fails is nothing really, and I'll keep plugging away and get better each time. Its time for positivity :)
    Out again this weekend and am actually excited about it so thats some progress. Probably the meds

Knew I did badly in 1st one. Thought 2nd one was OK after the initial 15 mins. I know 2 fails is nothing really, and I'll keep plugging away and get better each time. Its time for positivity :)
    Out again this weekend and am actually excited about it so thats some progress. Probably the meds

The next one should be a lot easier. You'll know what to do and what not to do. Best of luck with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Love to be in a position health and mental health wise to look for work.

Must be nice to have a purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭fiftythree

handbagmad wrote: »
    Love to be in a position health and mental health wise to look for work.

me too. doesn't seem so long ago i was.
    but feels like a long time ago now.
    we'll get there handbag.

fiftythree wrote: »
    me too. doesn't seem so long ago i was.
    but feels like a long time ago now.
    we'll get there handbag.

yeah we will friend.
    Im in sort of limbo at the moment, im waiting on social welfare to be sorted (6long months now) so I can't do feic all,

Love to do a course even a few hours a week when I get sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

it has to be only a matter of time guys

it has to be only a matter of time guys

that's what I keep telling myself jimmy.

Going to try work on my confidence n anxiety in the mean time.
    Small steps.

• Advertisement

handbagmad wrote: »

You do have a purpose H :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement