Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭poeticmakaveli

just reading the latest posts! if u have access to movies, try 'crossroads' its a nice movie about the blues,simple relaxing movie! sorry about the crap that's going on in your accommodation! i wouldn't care about parting with my deposit,up and gone i would be! have you no friends/family to stay with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

fiftythree wrote: »
    thank you.
    i didn't post for a while alright was quite sick,
    been in bed for a few days. think i just felt a bit run down with all the stress
    really. family stuff and my accommodation nightmare:eek:
    you ok handbag. go listen to that jimi hendrix track it's beautiful:)
    hope you are alright.how's things?

Ah im alright, not a great weekend here either mate. Pretty stressful too.
    Working through it though, I think!
    Ahh mr Hendrix can do no wrong, genius musician

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

We are like owls on here. All out at night. Mad owls even

CZ 453 wrote: »
    We are like owls on here. All out at night. Mad owls even

haha
    Not mad owls, just a little special owls ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Nothing to see here....Just some special owls. The special owl gathering thread :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭fiftythree

handbagmad wrote: »
    Ah im alright, not a great weekend here either mate. Pretty stressful too.
    Working through it though, I think!
    Ahh mr Hendrix can do no wrong, genius musician

i love my instrumentals.
    listen to this one handbag.
    it sort of floats about and never really goes anywhere.
    all the better for i say, or would you say it goes somewhere?
    why go anywhere, stay where you are and just play.
    this is so abstract/stupid a way to talk about music!!!anyway.
    what do you think?

bloody stress. what have humans done to themselves?
    hope you are ok.enjoy the night.

just reading the latest posts! if u have access to movies, try 'crossroads' its a nice movie about the blues,simple relaxing movie! sorry about the crap that's going on in your accommodation! i wouldn't care about parting with my deposit,up and gone i would be! have you no friends/family to stay with?

seen that though can't remember so well.
    love Robert Johnson though.

i reckon i have no choice but to do a semi runner.
    know lots of you will advise against but this place is messed up guys.
    i would always be a right down the middle honest chap but
    this is, as i said, messed up.

my never ending effort to get handbagmad into freddie king this seems like!!!

I will listen 53 one my personal Hendrix favs is Angel, can't link it from the phone
    beautiful simple song

fiftythree wrote:
    seen that though can't remember so well. love Robert Johnson though.

fiftythree wrote:
    i reckon i have no choice but to do a semi runner. know lots of you will advise against but this place is messed up guys. i would always be a right down the middle honest chap but this is, as i said, messed up.

from what i can gather,it sounds like hell! I'd be sorting out other accommodation as quick as i can tomorrow! drugs in the same house as me just wouldn't happen, peace of mind is more important, i don't know your financial situation but if its OK then tomorrow I'd be gone!

• Advertisement

I will listen 53 one my personal Hendrix favs is Angel, can't link it from the phone
    beautiful simple song

lovely tune handbag.
    works well as in an instrumental too,
    think srv may have done it that way?
    do you know 51st anniversary?
    off some album i can't recall by hendrix but so simple a tune and so bittersweet
    lyrics too. usually, as you know!!,i don't go for lyrics but loved that.

fiftythree wrote: »
    my never ending effort to get handbagmad into freddie king this seems like!!!

I liked it. Felt like I should be sipping whiskey and smoking a cigar listening to that!

from what i can gather,it sounds like hell! I'd be sorting out other accommodation as quick as i can tomorrow! drugs in the same house as me just wouldn't happen, peace of mind is more important, i don't know your financial situation but if its OK then tomorrow I'd be gone!

can't get out tomorrow.
    may be able to by 3 weeks time.
    thanks for the support.
    was glad to hear tonight from other housemates and
    it wasn't just me who objected.
    seems the problem is from a mate of landloards/his handiman
    having keys to all the houses from back in the day.
    tells us all to keep quiet,quite threateningly.
    all feels wrong.

I liked it. Felt like I should be sipping whiskey and smoking a cigar listening to that!

great!!
    yeah so that's sort of what i was saying, in a way, i think??:confused:
    the tune doesn't really go anywhere it just stays there.
    so you'd only naturally want to stall during a listen and have a cigar.
    i recruited a freddie fan!!

how do you feel about this one..it has lyrics:eek:

generic but what do you think?
    just look at the sweat on the band!!!!that's proper playing.

With lyrics :-) shock horror

What U think of srv...Riviera Paradise
    Again can't link, crap phone

landlord must be a joke then! he wouldnt threaten me coz my nature is not be walked on but i understand you don't want trouble either. If you are not prepared to contact guards/police when they are shooting up then unfortunately you are in a bad situation and there is no other option then to leave as quick as possible! hope it works out as quick as possible for you and you find your peace of mind and can sleep peacefully because at the end of the day its all that matters! ill check up again to see how you are getting on!
    good luck and move forward!

With lyrics :-) shock horror

What U think of srv...Riviera Paradise
    Again can't link, crap phone

i like riviera paradise a lot, and most of of his stuff.
    play guitar myself, can't do his stuff right his strings too heavy for my tiny weak fingers:mad:
    all sounds very heavy.
    lenny one of my favourites.

he does loads songs that revlove around same vibe.

loved it when he played with AK....

poor lad, went before his time, no doubt.

landlord must be a joke then! he wouldnt threaten me coz my nature is not be walked on but i understand you don't want trouble either. If you are not prepared to contact guards/police when they are shooting up then unfortunately you are in a bad situation and there is no other option then to leave as quick as possible! hope it works out as quick as possible for you and you find your peace of mind and can sleep peacefully because at the end of the day its all that matters! ill check up again to see how you are getting on!
    good luck and move forward!

cheers buddy. you're probably right in that i should do more
    in the situation but i am precarious now and i can't afford to be homeless
    again. no i don't have family or friend's support so
    i am keeping it together in such a way as i can live day to day without too much hassle.
    law and order and by the books is all well and good but sometimes on the ground
    things don't pan out like that.

different than usual version..i like different takes on things..but here's to you hangbagmad....

goodnight all, fly away to wherever you belong. or want to belong.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I've decided to go back on my medication and I'm going to take it properly this time. I'm snapping at my daughter for the tiniest things n I don't like who I've become. I was researching last night and came across borderline personality disorder and I almost complete fit the bill. I'm going to say it to my therapist when I see him next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Anyone here feel they might suffer of Borderline Personality Disorder? I relate to a lot of what the diagnosis says. There is no medication for it and it seems like a tough condition to tackle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

guitarzero wrote: »
    Anyone here feel they might suffer of Borderline Personality Disorder? I relate to a lot of what the diagnosis says. There is no medication for it and it seems like a tough condition to tackle.

I've wondered that for a while now but I never brought it up with the doctor for fear of losing the semi-stability I have on current meds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

guitarzero wrote: »

I do. I'm going to mention it to my doc next time I'm there but also get tests for an under active thyroid

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Frankly I think diagnoses for mental problems are so general and unscientific that I could go read the DSM and have almost every disorder. I wouldn't get worked up about it. It doesn't matter if you find a new name for the problem imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Frankly I think diagnoses for mental problems are so general and unscientific that I could go read the DSM and have almost every disorder. I wouldn't get worked up about it. It doesn't matter if you find a new name for the problem imo.

true, especially personality disorders. Even people who dont have one would have elements of every single one or at least a few of them.

the thing as well is that there is no test for disorders. Psychiatrists can only go by what they see and deduce from what they have already seen (learned).
    If i had diabetes they would take my blood sugar and show the evidence. If i had schizophrenia all they could do is say i had it and i could say i dont etc.
    Then people who believe in religion are considered normal.

One other thing i dislike is that they use the married/working man as the standard of health. So the married/working man who speaks well and socializes etc. epitomizes the normal healthy individual and those who dont fall in that bracket are in someway different.

IMO and i read a lot on psychology it is a bit of a broken science and more of a philosophy. What they need is tests to prove you are a certain label (schizophrenia, bipolar, borderline etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

I've wondered that for a while now but I never brought it up with the doctor for fear of losing the semi-stability I have on current meds.

If you're meds are working then cool, dont worry about bringing it up either. I'm wondering if there is a support group which would be great. Sucks being alone with this. I dont have a lot of the hysterical characteristics of BPD but I do tick a lot of the boxes :-(

Really have no idea where my heads at. Anxious to the point of rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭cookie24

I must thank guitarzero for this....

http://www.recovery-inc-ireland.ie/

gonna go to a meeting on Thurs and see how it goes. Hopefully I wont wuss out, but it seems like it could be ideal for me. Hopefully some other people may find it helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

I'm a ball of rage this morning. It's actually hurting my chest a little. And in general the last few days, just been upset easily and ott. I refuse to believe it's down to coming from 7.5 my of cymbalta to 0. It can't be.

I need to take a course or read a book on people management or effective communication skills because I'm going to lose it some day with the wrong person. How do people not get that I'm an introvert and they need to stop talking to me so much. My housemate obviously doesn't get to talk enough during the day, and so when she sees me needs to get it all out. Even after I said/say I'm going to bed, she talks and talks.

Anyone have any recommendations?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement